Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yankees
<!--quoteo(post=6819:date=Dec 24 2008, 11:03 AM:name=HTC)-->QUOTE (HTC @ Dec 24 2008, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=6793:date=Dec 23 2008, 08:50 PM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Dec 23 2008, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Add SWISH!, Sabathia, Burnett, Teixeira.

Subtract Abreu, Giambi, Mussina, maybe Pettitte.

Obviously they've improved, but I honestly don't think it's by leaps and bounds.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Fixed. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I forgot about him and honestly, I might rather have Giambi and Abreu over Teixeira and Swisher.
<!--quoteo(post=6782:date=Dec 23 2008, 07:41 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Dec 23 2008, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=6781:date=Dec 23 2008, 07:39 PM:name=Captain)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Captain @ Dec 23 2008, 07:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Should we just crown these fuckers now and be done with it?

christ.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
They'll finish 3rd in their division.
I agree , 3rd is a good fit .. Egos , injuries , new park , I don't see it happening
Joe B....
I say Hendry should call Cashman about Matsui. Not sure he'd be the odd man out (Swisher, Nady, Matsui, or Damon probably should be traded), but I remember the Cubs had interest prior to the Yankees signing him.
<!--quoteo(post=6847:date=Dec 24 2008, 02:12 PM:name=chemikel)-->QUOTE (chemikel @ Dec 24 2008, 02:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I say Hendry should call Cashman about Matsui. Not sure he'd be the odd man out (Swisher, Nady, Matsui, or Damon probably should be traded), but I remember the Cubs had interest prior to the Yankees signing him.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I'd love to have Matsui provided that he's healthy.
<!--quoteo(post=6847:date=Dec 24 2008, 02:12 PM:name=chemikel)-->QUOTE (chemikel @ Dec 24 2008, 02:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I say Hendry should call Cashman about Matsui. Not sure he'd be the odd man out (Swisher, Nady, Matsui, or Damon probably should be traded), but I remember the Cubs had interest prior to the Yankees signing him.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

They are still looking for a SP.
I wonder what we'd have to include ....to do a Marquis -Matsui swap?
A herd of buffalo can move only as fast as the slowest buffalo. When the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.

In much the same way the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, we all know, kills brain cells, but naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers.
I think they'll still add Sheets or Pettite. If that happens, Joba would be the #5. Then they still have Phil Hughes and Sergio Mitre. Right now, this would probably be their rotation:
1. CC
2. Wang
3. Burnett
4. Joba
5. Hughes

Anyway, I don't think they'd have interest in Marquis. They'd rather go with Hughes or Mitre if healthy I'd assume if they don't sign somebody else. If the #5 didn't pan out, they could just go out and get a starter before the deadline.
@TheBlogfines
Olney's on espnews right now... the Brewers thought they were getting a first round pick all along for CC, turns out it's gonna be a second round pick. The Angels get a first rounder for Tex, Brewers a second rounder for CC. Olney said he talked to Melvin today and he's furious about this, as they figured they were at least getting a first round pick out of losing CC.

So they've lost LaPorta and CC, but came out of it with a second round pick at least!
@TheBlogfines
Well sounds like they're done going after starting pitching actually:
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->For the past few weeks, I've been wondering what Andy Pettitte is waiting on in not accepting the Yankees' one-year, $10 million contract offer. The chances are good now that he has waited too long. As of midday no final decision had been made. But the source I talked to said the Yankees are "pretty happy with our team as is," and that the offer to Pettitte may no longer be available.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Link(Newsday)
@TheBlogfines
On paper - this team is gonna be sickly good. That said, between AJ's history of injury, and CCs workload in the second half, you never know. They could (due to injury) disappoint.

And the AL East is RIDICULOUS. Three teams there would arguably win just about any other division in baseball next year.
<!--quoteo(post=6824:date=Dec 24 2008, 11:30 AM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Dec 24 2008, 11:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=6819:date=Dec 24 2008, 11:03 AM:name=HTC)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HTC @ Dec 24 2008, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=6793:date=Dec 23 2008, 08:50 PM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Dec 23 2008, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Add SWISH!, Sabathia, Burnett, Teixeira.

Obviously they've improved, but I honestly don't think it's by leaps and bounds.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I forgot about him and honestly, I might rather have Giambi and Abreu over Teixeira and Swisher.
That's crazy talk. I would take Teixeira alone over those two.
"If you throw at someone's head, it's very dangerous, because in the head is the brain." -- Pudge Rodriguez to AM 1270 WXYT in Detroit
<!--quoteo(post=6952:date=Dec 25 2008, 02:52 PM:name=CFOrfan)-->QUOTE (CFOrfan @ Dec 25 2008, 02:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=6824:date=Dec 24 2008, 11:30 AM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Dec 24 2008, 11:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=6819:date=Dec 24 2008, 11:03 AM:name=HTC)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HTC @ Dec 24 2008, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=6793:date=Dec 23 2008, 08:50 PM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Dec 23 2008, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Add SWISH!, Sabathia, Burnett, Teixeira.

That's crazy talk. I would take Teixeira alone over those two.
Look up there numbers last year and career-wise and get back to me. Texiera is great and going forward should obviously have the brightest future, but looking strictly at last year's numbers and career averages, Giambi and Abreu have the better numbers than Texeira and Swisher.
They're going to be the greatest video game team of all-time, but I don't think they win more than 87-90 games or so in real baseball. It's just asinine how everybody's already giving them a playoff berth. They're 2-1 to win the WS, even to win the ALCS. If people are seriously counting out the Red Sox they're idiots, they'll find a way to win games. And again, I'll take the Rays' starting rotation over the Yankees' without hesitation, and it's not like the Rays have a bad offense either.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=6977:date=Dec 25 2008, 02:32 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Dec 25 2008, 02:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->They're going to be the greatest video game team of all-time, but I don't think they win more than 87-90 games or so in real baseball. It's just asinine how everybody's already giving them a playoff berth. They're 2-1 to win the WS, even to win the ALCS. If people are seriously counting out the Red Sox they're idiots, they'll find a way to win games. And again, I'll take the Rays' starting rotation over the Yankees' without hesitation, and it's not like the Rays have a bad offense either.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Exactly. Look at what everyone was thinking a year ago about Detroit.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
i like the yankees. always have. i look forward to the cubs playing them in october.
Wang.
The Yankees are certainly stacking themselves up but I don't see the chemistry working in their favor. Throwing too much money at their problems hasn't really been helping them all that much this decade. I think the Yankees will have great win streaks help them out this season but I'm not so certain they can stay stable in October (should they get there).