Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All Time Best Cubs - Third Base
kein orie's only claim to fame will be fucking up kerry woods perfect game. oh, and being slightly better than gary scott.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=7430:date=Dec 29 2008, 12:05 PM:name=Destined)-->QUOTE (Destined @ Dec 29 2008, 12:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Kevin Orie didn't make it? You guys forgetting his solid gold glove?
[Image: orie.gif]<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Look 10 or so posts above yours, chief.
<!--quoteo(post=7428:date=Dec 29 2008, 12:01 PM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Dec 29 2008, 12:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=7417:date=Dec 29 2008, 10:29 AM:name=Mikey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mikey @ Dec 29 2008, 10:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->one of my favorites that I saw play was Bill Mueller. after he slide into that wall, he wasn't the same, but he seemed like a great guy. and played well for a bit.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

bill mueller. good call. i will amend my list.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/respek.gif[/img]
[Image: lou.jpg]
Was Manny Alexander a 3B?

I hated that guy
"If you throw at someone's head, it's very dangerous, because in the head is the brain." -- Pudge Rodriguez to AM 1270 WXYT in Detroit
<!--quoteo(post=7516:date=Dec 29 2008, 08:11 PM:name=CFOrfan)-->QUOTE (CFOrfan @ Dec 29 2008, 08:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Was Manny Alexander a 3B?

I hated that guy<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Sosa's steroid handler? I think played some games there.
Mark Bellhorn
<!--quoteo(post=7552:date=Dec 29 2008, 10:16 PM:name=Dingo)-->QUOTE (Dingo @ Dec 29 2008, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Mark Bellhorn<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
He mostly played 2nd base.
<!--quoteo(post=7554:date=Dec 29 2008, 10:26 PM:name=Mikey)-->QUOTE (Mikey @ Dec 29 2008, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=7552:date=Dec 29 2008, 10:16 PM:name=Dingo)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dingo @ Dec 29 2008, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Mark Bellhorn<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
78 games at 3rd base, 77 at 2nd base. Remember the Cubs thought he could be a full-time starter at 3rd after his 02 season, and he played 42 games for us in 03, all at 3rd. Then we traded for Aramis mid-season after Bellhorn stunk.
@TheBlogfines
Oh how I love me some Mark Bellhorn.
<!--quoteo(post=7555:date=Dec 29 2008, 10:32 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Dec 29 2008, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=7554:date=Dec 29 2008, 10:26 PM:name=Mikey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mikey @ Dec 29 2008, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=7552:date=Dec 29 2008, 10:16 PM:name=Dingo)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dingo @ Dec 29 2008, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Mark Bellhorn<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
78 games at 3rd base, 77 at 2nd base. Remember the Cubs thought he could be a full-time starter at 3rd after his 02 season, and he played 42 games for us in 03, all at 3rd. Then we traded for Aramis mid-season after Bellhorn stunk.
I try to block that out of my memory. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
I believe Mark Bellhorn has a World Series ring. And he played the majority of last year right here in Louisville for the Reds AAA team.
i had considered mark hellborn but i conidered him more of a jack of all trades type of player.
Wang.
I considered him a track of all jades.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
He only had one decent year here, and I hated Bellhorn.
I wrote this informative (ha), little ditty for ITI prior to the 2003 season:
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Is It Finally Bellhorn's Bag?

Mark Bellhorn has the dubious title of Chicago Cubs starting third baseman. Now on most teams, it would mean very little to have a new third baseman, but on the Cubs it carries a bit of a stigma. Anyone who's been a Cubs fan for any period of time can name off at least a dozen players who have manned the hot corner over the years. Unfortunately, most of the players named also have the distinction of being incredibly bad.

Now the next question is, "Is Mark Bellhorn going to change everything Cubs fans know about 3B?" Your nay Sayers will tell you that Jim Hendry is making a big mistake by not picking up Mike Lowell, Joe Randa, or Shea Hillenbrand. Some fans are still upset the Cubs never made a serious run at Scott Rolen last year. These fans usually point to Bellhorn's propensity toward striking out (144K in 445 at-bats) or his brain-farts defensively. They fear we're putting a 'super-sub' out to play as a starter.

On the other side of the coin, sits the ever-optimistic Bellhorn-supporters. They'll happily point out that Mr. Bellhorn, at least offensively, kicked some serious tail last year. His on-base percentage was 2nd highest in the Major Leagues trailing only Edgardo Alfonzo for every day third basemen. His slugging percentage would have had him only trailing Eric Chavez. If his total at bats were anywhere near those of the league leaders, he would easily have had the highest homerun total among second and third basemen. Of course, these supporters also ballyhoo his defensive follies.

How the fateful question of whether Mark Bellhorn will be just another pathetic Cubs third basemen or if he will break the 30-year drought ultimately falls into the hands of Mark Bellhorn himself. So if he succeeds, Ron Santo can finally relinquish the position. And if he fails, you'll be able to add Mark Bellhorn to the growing list of names that all good Cubs fans can recite.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

He got added to the list. But he was the last one to be added. So that has to be of some solitude to him.
I got nothin'.

Andy