Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeRosa Traded to Indians
DeRosa for prospects? Yikes.
<!--quoteo(post=8219:date=Jan 1 2009, 09:49 PM:name=Coach)-->QUOTE (Coach @ Jan 1 2009, 09:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->DeRosa for prospects? Yikes.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Coach!
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo(post=8219:date=Jan 1 2009, 08:49 PM:name=Coach)-->QUOTE (Coach @ Jan 1 2009, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->DeRosa for prospects? Yikes.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Per DeRo and the Bill James Win Shares system of rating ballplayers:
Last year DeRosa had 23 Win Shares (Aramis Ramirez had 25, Geovany Soto had 24, to lead the Cubs), and considering his versatility (he played at least 20 games at FOUR different positions, and, in all, played 6 different positions last year), you could make a strong case for him being the Cub's 2008 MVP.
The Cubs had the best record in MLB last year. (tied with the Rays)

How do you trade the team MVP on a 97-win team for 3 wildly underachieving minor leaguers if you're serious about trying to win a World Series?

Only 2 possible answers.
1. You're <i>not</i> serious.
2. A Peavy trade will occur in the next couple days.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo(post=8222:date=Jan 1 2009, 10:27 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Jan 1 2009, 10:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=8219:date=Jan 1 2009, 08:49 PM:name=Coach)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coach @ Jan 1 2009, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->DeRosa for prospects? Yikes.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Per DeRo and the Bill James Win Shares system of rating ballplayers:
Last year DeRosa had 23 Win Shares (Aramis Ramirez had 25, Geovany Soto had 24, to lead the Cubs), and considering his versatility (he played at least 20 games at FOUR different positions, and, in all, played 6 different positions last year), you could make a strong case for him being the Cub's 2008 MVP.
The Cubs had the best record in MLB last year. (tied with the Rays)

How do you trade the team MVP on a 97-win team for 3 wildly underachieving minor leaguers if you're serious about trying to win a World Series?

Only 2 possible answers.
1. You're <i>not</i> serious.
2. A Peavy trade will occur in the next couple days.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Be patient on #2.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=8217:date=Jan 1 2009, 08:15 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Jan 1 2009, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=8216:date=Jan 1 2009, 09:13 PM:name=Brock)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brock @ Jan 1 2009, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Hey Ace while you're fixing shit I just got this message trying to send a PM -

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->The following errors were found

You have posted more than the allowed number of quoted blocks of text

This personal message has not been sent<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah, Addy just pm'd me about that, too. I think there's a max number of quote boxes you can have in a single pm. It's not a glitch, it's a pre-setting. It happened on the old board, too, just differently (on the old board, it simply sent the pm without your typed text if you got too many boxes). How many quote boxes did you have when you got that message?

Looks like 10. Why would it be different in PM? Because I'm pretty sure on the board itself there isn't a limit like that, at least one that low.
<!--quoteo(post=8234:date=Jan 1 2009, 11:34 PM:name=Brock)-->QUOTE (Brock @ Jan 1 2009, 11:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=8217:date=Jan 1 2009, 08:15 PM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ Jan 1 2009, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=8216:date=Jan 1 2009, 09:13 PM:name=Brock)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brock @ Jan 1 2009, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Hey Ace while you're fixing shit I just got this message trying to send a PM -

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->The following errors were found

Yeah, Addy just pm'd me about that, too. I think there's a max number of quote boxes you can have in a single pm. It's not a glitch, it's a pre-setting. It happened on the old board, too, just differently (on the old board, it simply sent the pm without your typed text if you got too many boxes). How many quote boxes did you have when you got that message?

Looks like 10. Why would it be different in PM? Because I'm pretty sure on the board itself there isn't a limit like that, at least one that low.

There is. I don't know exactly how many it is, but I have reached it I believe once or twice.
The thought that Hendry would lower payroll simply because the division may be down next season is absurd. You should never assume your competition will get worse or your division will be weak. never. I think Payton hit the nail on the head with regards to this move.

And yes, BART also sent me a text wishing me a Merry X-mas as well.
<!--quoteo(post=8241:date=Jan 2 2009, 12:25 AM:name=Scarey)-->QUOTE (Scarey @ Jan 2 2009, 12:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=8234:date=Jan 1 2009, 11:34 PM:name=Brock)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brock @ Jan 1 2009, 11:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=8217:date=Jan 1 2009, 08:15 PM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ Jan 1 2009, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=8216:date=Jan 1 2009, 09:13 PM:name=Brock)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brock @ Jan 1 2009, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Hey Ace while you're fixing shit I just got this message trying to send a PM -

There is. I don't know exactly how many it is, but I have reached it I believe once or twice.

Ok. If it were like 5, I would try to re-code to fix it. But if it's 10, I'm going to file it in the "meh, just stop quoting after 10 pm's, or at least chop off a couple quote boxes."
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo(post=8245:date=Jan 2 2009, 06:56 AM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Jan 2 2009, 06:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=8241:date=Jan 2 2009, 12:25 AM:name=Scarey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scarey @ Jan 2 2009, 12:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=8234:date=Jan 1 2009, 11:34 PM:name=Brock)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brock @ Jan 1 2009, 11:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=8217:date=Jan 1 2009, 08:15 PM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ Jan 1 2009, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=8216:date=Jan 1 2009, 09:13 PM:name=Brock)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brock @ Jan 1 2009, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Hey Ace while you're fixing shit I just got this message trying to send a PM -

Ok. If it were like 5, I would try to re-code to fix it. But if it's 10, I'm going to file it in the "meh, just stop quoting after 10 pm's, or at least chop off a couple quote boxes."

It's 10 and it's a system setting that we can only make LESS, not more. If you've gone 10 times, just clear them and start over. You obviously already know what it is you're discussing. So who cares? Minor annoyance. Next issue.

The double posting, I've seen happen a number of times. I'm not exactly sure what the problem is there. Tom seems to have had the same issue a couple times. I use the Fast reply most of the time, unless I want to quote someone. Is it possible that you've pressed Add Reply more than once? Even so, it <i>should</i> be written well enough that it wouldn't matter.
I got nothin'.

Andy
<!--quoteo(post=8220:date=Jan 1 2009, 08:49 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Jan 1 2009, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=8219:date=Jan 1 2009, 09:49 PM:name=Coach)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coach @ Jan 1 2009, 09:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->DeRosa for prospects? Yikes.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Coach!
Coach!
[Image: lou.jpg]
What?
<!--quoteo(post=8255:date=Jan 2 2009, 08:28 AM:name=Coach)-->QUOTE (Coach @ Jan 2 2009, 08:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->What?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You're pretty.
Who's your daddy?
You know, I really think that this is a bad sign. Losing Derosa is really going to hurt the team.... I realize that we want to get another left handed bat.... the Miles signing is just stupid.... we lost Wood... we got gregg.... got rid of Marquis....signed Demp...

1. Losing Marquis and signing Demp are the only significant moves we've made
2. Trading Derosa for three bum minor leaguers was stupid
3. Miles is a steaming pile of crap
4. We are not getting Peavy, which is inexcuseable after trading Derosa
5. Not signing Wood really hurt.... I understand why.... but only if it meant that we would apply that salary elsewhere that would help

Right now, I'm praying Hendry does get Peavy.... or makes some sort of major deal... if we're getting a left handed bat, I'd like to see it have some power.... I just don't.... color me officially worried.
Who's your daddy?
Buster doesn't like it.
<!--quoteo(post=8296:date=Jan 2 2009, 12:58 PM:name=HTC)-->QUOTE (HTC @ Jan 2 2009, 12:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Buster doesn't like it.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I would have to agree with him on 99% of what he's written. However, if we sign Bradley I think we're a better team regardless. Not sure if anything at all amounts to the Peavy rumors, but I don't see our pitching being any better than last year regardless. If we get him and Bradley, I'm not going to lose sleep over DeRosa. If we only end up with only Bradley, the we will have a slightly stronger offensive team and a slightly weaker pitching staff. What that translates to in terms of the playoffs is anyone's guess.