Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeRosa Traded to Indians
Miles/Cedeno
"Drink Up and Beat Off!"
-KBWSB

"Will I be looked on poorly if my religion involved punting little people?"
-Jody
Clapp, I was actually being kind of serious, and for exactly the reasons you stated.
I think Kid had mentioned in another thread that our only real problem teams in the Central are the Cards and the Astros. Neither team is <i>that</i> good, and they've both had very mediocre off-seasons. Also, they both benefitted from absolutely <i>monster</i> seasons from Pujols and Berkman, respectively, and they can't necessarily count on that same absurd level of production.

The Brewers simply won't be the same without Sheets and Sabathia.
The Reds have talent, but they're managed by Dusty.
The Pirates are light-years away from contending.

Thus, we could cruise to a division title even if we <i>continue</i> to downgrade on a daily basis.
Perhaps at the trade deadline, Jim could seek out a Manny or CC type player, so as to set us up for the playoffs.

Hey, it's a plan. In keeping with that plan, I'd give Bradley and Harden TONS of rest during the season. Keep 'em fresh. Don't overtax Marmol. Just make every move with an eye for the post-season.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
Man, do I despise this new "repeat" feature on the posting log.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
I fucking HATE it.
Ace, Andy, somebody: Please fix this.
I think Kb actually was being serious.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo(post=8203:date=Jan 1 2009, 09:00 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Jan 1 2009, 09:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I fucking HATE it.
Ace, Andy, somebody: Please fix this.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Never. And I don't even know what the "repeat" thing is.
The only thing better than one KB post is two KB posts, and the only thing better than two KB posts is three KB posts. Kabes, I read them all, and I think the second one was obviously the best.
"Drink Up and Beat Off!"
-KBWSB

-Jody
<!--quoteo(post=8207:date=Jan 1 2009, 08:02 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Jan 1 2009, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=8203:date=Jan 1 2009, 09:00 PM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Jan 1 2009, 09:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I fucking HATE it.

<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
When you hit "Add Reply" after typing out a post, it often doubles, or sometimes triples your post.
I've seen a LOT of double and triple posts since the board change, so it's obviously not just me.

On the other board, I had over 17,000 posts, and never <i>once</i> had this problem, so it's obviously the new set-up.

There. Now you're officially aware of the glitch.
(And yes, we'll judge your leadership abilities on how well you respond to this Katrina-like situation.)
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rollin.gif[/img] I love KB.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=8209:date=Jan 1 2009, 09:06 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Jan 1 2009, 09:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=8207:date=Jan 1 2009, 08:02 PM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ Jan 1 2009, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=8203:date=Jan 1 2009, 09:00 PM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Jan 1 2009, 09:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I fucking HATE it.

When you hit "Add Reply" after typing out a post, it often doubles, or sometimes triples your post.
I've seen a LOT of double and triple posts since the board change, so it's obviously not just me.

On the other board, I had over 17,000 posts, and never <i>once</i> had this problem, so it's obviously the new set-up.

And yes, we'll judge your leadership abilities on how well you respond to this Katrina-like situation.

Ace doesn't care about black posts.
And for what it's worth, I have yet to double or triple post. Maybe I'm just magical.
KB, just use the fast reply at the bottom of the screen.
"Drink Up and Beat Off!"
-KBWSB

-Jody
<!--quoteo(post=8212:date=Jan 1 2009, 08:09 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Jan 1 2009, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=8209:date=Jan 1 2009, 09:06 PM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Jan 1 2009, 09:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=8207:date=Jan 1 2009, 08:02 PM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ Jan 1 2009, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=8203:date=Jan 1 2009, 09:00 PM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Jan 1 2009, 09:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I fucking HATE it.

And yes, we'll judge your leadership abilities on how well you respond to this Katrina-like situation.

Ace doesn't care about black posts.
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

Hey Ace while you're fixing shit I just got this message trying to send a PM -

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->The following errors were found

You have posted more than the allowed number of quoted blocks of text

This personal message has not been sent<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--quoteo(post=8216:date=Jan 1 2009, 09:13 PM:name=Brock)-->QUOTE (Brock @ Jan 1 2009, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Hey Ace while you're fixing shit I just got this message trying to send a PM -

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->The following errors were found

You have posted more than the allowed number of quoted blocks of text

This personal message has not been sent<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah, Addy just pm'd me about that, too. I think there's a max number of quote boxes you can have in a single pm. It's not a glitch, it's a pre-setting. It happened on the old board, too, just differently (on the old board, it simply sent the pm without your typed text if you got too many boxes). How many quote boxes did you have when you got that message?