Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeRosa Traded to Indians
<!--quoteo(post=8165:date=Jan 1 2009, 04:48 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jan 1 2009, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Sully's projected Opening Day lineup from this morning's Trib:

1. Miles 2B
2. Gathight CF
3. Lee 1B
4. Ramirez 3B
5. Bradley RF
6. Soriano LF
7. Soto C
8. Theriot SS
9. Zambrano SP

Um, wow...<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I guess he's assuming we're facing a lefty. Oh, and that Lou will be drinking paint thinner.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo(post=8165:date=Jan 1 2009, 04:48 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jan 1 2009, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Sully's projected Opening Day lineup from this morning's Trib:

1. Miles 2B
2. Gathight CF
3. Lee 1B
4. Ramirez 3B
5. Bradley RF
6. Soriano LF
7. Soto C
8. Theriot SS
9. Zambrano SP

My projected opening day lineup

1. Soriano LF
2. Fontenot 2B
3. Lee 1B
4. Bradley RF
5. Ramirez 3B
6. Soto C
7. Fukudome CF
8. Theriot SS
9. Zambrano SP
@TheBlogfines
Sullivan and Muskat both need to be removed from polite society.
<!--quoteo(post=8167:date=Jan 1 2009, 04:56 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Jan 1 2009, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=8165:date=Jan 1 2009, 04:48 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Jan 1 2009, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Sully's projected Opening Day lineup from this morning's Trib:

1. Miles 2B
2. Gathight CF
3. Lee 1B
4. Ramirez 3B
5. Bradley RF
6. Soriano LF
7. Soto C
8. Theriot SS
9. Zambrano SP

1. Soriano LF
2. Fontenot 2B
3. Lee 1B
4. Bradley RF
5. Ramirez 3B
6. Soto C
7. Fukudome CF
8. Theriot SS
9. Zambrano SP
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I have no doubt that that's exactly what it will look like (assuming we're facing a righty).

Also, at least Sullivan acknowledged that Zambrano will be starting opening day.
<!--quoteo(post=8167:date=Jan 1 2009, 03:56 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Jan 1 2009, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=8165:date=Jan 1 2009, 04:48 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Jan 1 2009, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Sully's projected Opening Day lineup from this morning's Trib:

1. Miles 2B
2. Gathight CF
3. Lee 1B
4. Ramirez 3B
5. Bradley RF
6. Soriano LF
7. Soto C
8. Theriot SS
9. Zambrano SP

1. Soriano LF
2. Fontenot 2B
3. Lee 1B
4. Bradley RF
5. Ramirez 3B
6. Soto C
7. Fukudome CF
8. Theriot SS
9. Zambrano SP
Not bad, but I think this is what we could see, though I don't expect Lee to be moved out of the #3 spot:

1. Soriano LF
2. Miles 2B
3. Bradley RF
4. Ramirez 3B
5. Lee 1B
6. Soto C
7. Fukudome CF
8. Theriot SS
9. Zambrano SP
Sully serves a purpose. By printing that line-up, and allowing Cub fans to see in plain black & white just how hideous it is, he's hoping to spur revolt, teeth-gnashing, torch-lighting, and a massive letter-writing campaign.

I hope it does indeed have that effect. If our 1-2 hitters are fucking Miles and Gathright, I won't be following the team this year. And I won't miss much, because we'll fucking <i>suck.</i>
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo(post=8178:date=Jan 1 2009, 04:42 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Jan 1 2009, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Sully serves a purpose. By printing that line-up, and allowing Cub fans to see in plain black & white just how hideous it is, he's hoping to spur revolt, teeth-gnashing, torch-lighting, and a massive letter-writing campaign.

I hope it does indeed have that effect. If our 1-2 hitters are fucking Miles and Gathright, I won't be following the team this year. And I won't miss much, because we'll fucking <i>suck.</i><!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Actually, even if that is our lineup, we'll still win the Central.
<!--quoteo(post=8121:date=Jan 1 2009, 01:25 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Jan 1 2009, 01:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=8079:date=Jan 1 2009, 09:43 AM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Jan 1 2009, 09:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=8072:date=Jan 1 2009, 12:28 AM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Jan 1 2009, 12:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=8070:date=Jan 1 2009, 12:15 AM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Jan 1 2009, 12:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->If this doesn't lead to Peavy, I have no idea what the hell Hendry is thinking. Wood and DeRo gone. Gregg and Miles on board.
So far the team has been <b>downgraded</b>.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Boy, I hadn't thought about it that way, but you're right Butch.
Gregg is a "closer," but just a pale imitation of Wood.
Sonofabitch, you keep saying shit like this, but it's totally fabricated. Look at their stats for fuck's sake, they're almost the same fucking guy. Anyone who thinks this is a drastic change isn't living in reality.
For fuck's sake, <b>read</b> the post. Butch's theory: the Cubs have downgraded.
My supporting evidence: Wood> Gregg
DeRosa >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Miles

And Gregg IS a downgrade from Kerry Wood. <i>You</i> look at the stats. One misses bats, and is elite. The other is pretty good, but not elite.
WHIP.......ERA+
1.085.......137 (140 the year before)
1.282.......125 (122 the year before)

Guess which one's which?
Posting one stat, plus another ballpark adjusted stat, doesn't show that Gregg is worse than Wood. Looking at the breadth of all their stats, it's pretty clear that they're basically on the exact same level. Also, one has an extensive injury history and even in his most recent season, missed about a month. There is no downgrade here.
<!--quoteo(post=8181:date=Jan 1 2009, 05:04 PM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Jan 1 2009, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=8178:date=Jan 1 2009, 04:42 PM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Jan 1 2009, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Sully serves a purpose. By printing that line-up, and allowing Cub fans to see in plain black & white just how hideous it is, he's hoping to spur revolt, teeth-gnashing, torch-lighting, and a massive letter-writing campaign.

I hope it does indeed have that effect. If our 1-2 hitters are fucking Miles and Gathright, I won't be following the team this year. And I won't miss much, because we'll fucking <i>suck.</i><!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Actually, even if that is our lineup, we'll still win the Central.
I have to concede that even a shitty 85-win season might easily win the Central.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
I hate losing DeRo honestly. Do I expect this is eventually going to be part of something else? Absolutely, I do. Do I think it's Peavy? I'd give it less than a 50-50 chance personally. Mainly because I don't see the Pads wanting the guys we got for DeRo......But, I could obviously be wrong about that. But, I do expect us to add a starting pitcher at any rate. Either through trade(because Pie, Cedeno, and one of our relievers, probably Wuertz) have no place whatsoever on this team now or maybe even adding a Derek Lowe type guy through FA.......

If NOTHING else is added(assuming we're getting Bradley at least) I'm trying to see why Jimbo would make this move and this is what I've come up with.......

DeRo would probably be a type A FA next year, but at his age, it's basically a waste, as no team would likely be willing to give up their 1st rounder next year to sign him. He'll probably take at least a slight step back in 2009 as it is. Hendry took a lesser guy(way lesser actually) but has him for 2 years instead of 1. Because as much as I like DeRo, I wouldn't want to be signing him to another 3 year deal come next offseason..... He also got SOMETHING out of DeRosa(If one of these guys pans out, Hendry looks great, I like Archer personally) when he wouldn't have next year most likely.

Like I said, I really expect this move to accomodate something else, but if not, I can at least see why Hendry would make a move like this.
<!--quoteo(post=8186:date=Jan 1 2009, 06:59 PM:name=payton)-->QUOTE (payton @ Jan 1 2009, 06:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Mainly because I don't see the Pads wanting the guys we got for DeRo......But, I could obviously be wrong about that.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
These guys also add depth to our system though and maybe we could now afford to give away a couple pitchers from our system that we wouldn't have before.
@TheBlogfines
I'm starting to think that maybe Ruby is on to something; Hendry has likely realized that the Central will totally suck next year, so why pay for a 90-win team?
<!--quoteo(post=8188:date=Jan 1 2009, 07:21 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Jan 1 2009, 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm starting to think that maybe Ruby is on to something; Hendry has likely realized that the Central will totally suck next year, so why pay for a 90-win team?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I don't know if you're being serious, but if you are... you think he's really fine with going in with a lesser team just because he can still win the division that way? Winning the division should not be the priority of this team, it's winning after that. We're going to win this sorry division and it's meaningless to me to be quite honest. This whole regular season is going to be meaningless and a waste of our time. We won't know shit about what our team really is until October.

As for Hendry, I bet he'll end up spending right about what he's allowed to. I'd like to know where our payroll currently stands and then we'd have a clearer picture about what his plans are. They said they could spend into the mid 140's and that's what I expect them to do.
@TheBlogfines
So who is our backup 3B now? Cedeno?
<!--quoteo(post=8198:date=Jan 1 2009, 08:53 PM:name=Dingo)-->QUOTE (Dingo @ Jan 1 2009, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->So who is our backup 3B now? Cedeno?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Miles, presumably.

(yuck)