Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeRosa Traded to Indians
Talking now. For pitching prospects Jeff Stevens, Chris Archer and John Gobbs.
Indiants?

This has to be part of a Peavy trade, right? Otherwise, it makes very little sense.
Peavy had better be next, or else.
This almost HAS to be a precursor to getting Peavy. Doesn't it?? I can't imagine any other reason to get rid of DeRosa
I got nothin'.

Andy
<!--quoteo(post=7870:date=Dec 31 2008, 12:21 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Dec 31 2008, 12:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Indiants?

This has to be part of a Peavy trade, right? Otherwise, it makes very little sense.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Fixed. I was typing fast.

I agree, Peavy has to be next.
<!--quoteo(post=7873:date=Dec 31 2008, 12:21 PM:name=Andy)-->QUOTE (Andy @ Dec 31 2008, 12:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->This almost HAS to be a precursor to getting Peavy. Doesn't it?? I can't imagine any other reason to get rid of DeRosa<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Jinx.
But I always thought DeRosa was supposed to be "part" of the Peavy trade. As in, we'd trade him to a 3rd team as part of the deal. Unless we intend to use these prospects as part of the Peavy deal??
I got nothin'.

Andy
<!--quoteo(post=7873:date=Dec 31 2008, 12:21 PM:name=Andy)-->QUOTE (Andy @ Dec 31 2008, 12:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->This almost HAS to be a precursor to getting Peavy. Doesn't it?? I can't imagine any other reason to get rid of DeRosa<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I'd say it's either for Peavy or to use to trade for a RFer. I'd lean Peavy though with Bradley a supposed done deal.
Peavy is a pipedream.
This was another payroll cut.
A herd of buffalo can move only as fast as the slowest buffalo. When the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.

In much the same way the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, we all know, kills brain cells, but naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers.
<!--quoteo(post=7876:date=Dec 31 2008, 12:22 PM:name=Andy)-->QUOTE (Andy @ Dec 31 2008, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->But I always thought DeRosa was supposed to be "part" of the Peavy trade. As in, we'd trade him to a 3rd team as part of the deal. Unless we intend to use these prospects as part of the Peavy deal??<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
The Padres wanted pitching prospects in the Peavy deal. We didn't really have much in that department. Now we do.
<!--quoteo(post=7876:date=Dec 31 2008, 12:22 PM:name=Andy)-->QUOTE (Andy @ Dec 31 2008, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->But I always thought DeRosa was supposed to be "part" of the Peavy trade. As in, we'd trade him to a 3rd team as part of the deal. Unless we intend to use these prospects as part of the Peavy deal??<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That would be my guess. I'm pretty sure it was said that the Padres wanted more pitching prospects and the Cubs didn't have many. I think the fact that we got all pitching prospects for DeRo certainly falls in line with that.
We're totally getting Roberts now too. Where's BART?
<!--quoteo(post=7878:date=Dec 31 2008, 12:22 PM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Dec 31 2008, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=7873:date=Dec 31 2008, 12:21 PM:name=Andy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Andy @ Dec 31 2008, 12:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->This almost HAS to be a precursor to getting Peavy. Doesn't it?? I can't imagine any other reason to get rid of DeRosa<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I'd say it's either for Peavy or to use to trade for a RFer. I'd lean Peavy though with Bradley a supposed done deal.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
If we don't land both Bradley and Peavy now, or at least if that isn't Hendry's intention, then these deals make very little baseball sense.
<!--quoteo(post=7882:date=Dec 31 2008, 12:24 PM:name=Sandberg)-->QUOTE (Sandberg @ Dec 31 2008, 12:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->We're totally getting Roberts now too. Where's BART?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Haven't seen him lately.

BUTCHER
<!--quoteo(post=7884:date=Dec 31 2008, 12:25 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Dec 31 2008, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=7882:date=Dec 31 2008, 12:24 PM:name=Sandberg)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sandberg @ Dec 31 2008, 12:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->We're totally getting Roberts now too. Where's BART?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Haven't seen him lately.

BUTCHER
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Bull Butter.