Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All Time Best Cubs - Center Field
Adam Greenberg

Highest OBP in club history.
Hack Wilson is untouchable at the top, and until we a Sizemore-esque or Griffey-type player that spend a majority of their career here, that top 5 will not change.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
<!--quoteo(post=9023:date=Jan 5 2009, 11:09 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jan 5 2009, 11:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Adam Greenberg

Highest OBP in club history.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Ain't that a kick in a head.
Brant Brown
<!--quoteo(post=9013:date=Jan 5 2009, 11:57 AM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jan 5 2009, 11:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->This thing that Andy has been doing has been incredibly enlightening. It's amazing how shitty this franchise has been for so long.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Pretty sad... imagine if we were doing this for the Yankees
<!--quoteo(post=9028:date=Jan 5 2009, 11:12 AM:name=ColoradoCub)-->QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Jan 5 2009, 11:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=9013:date=Jan 5 2009, 11:57 AM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Jan 5 2009, 11:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->This thing that Andy has been doing has been incredibly enlightening. It's amazing how shitty this franchise has been for so long.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img]
<!--quoteo(post=9027:date=Jan 5 2009, 12:12 PM:name=Brock)-->QUOTE (Brock @ Jan 5 2009, 12:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Brant Brown<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That dropped fly ball still gives me nightmares
Wow. What Butch said...that is an embarrassing list. Even Hack only had a few good seasons. After his monumental 1930 year, he hit a brick wall completely.

Of course we could have had Carlos Beltran for $20 million less than we paid for Alf. Yes, he's younger than Alf, a better hitter, a better fielder, a better baserunner, and plays a much more important position, but hey...mismanagement is a hallmark of the Chicago Cub experience.
Look at the list of CFers again.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo(post=9037:date=Jan 5 2009, 01:50 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Jan 5 2009, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Wow. What Butch said...that is an embarrassing list. Even Hack only had a few good seasons. After his monumental 1930 year, he hit a brick wall completely.

Of course we could have had Carlos Beltran for $20 million less than we paid for Alf. Yes, he's younger than Alf, a better hitter, a better fielder, a better baserunner, and plays a much more important position, but hey...mismanagement is a hallmark of the Chicago Cub experience.
Look at the list of CFers again.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If McFail wasn't around the year Beltran was a FA, I bet he'd be a Cub.
looked like walton could've ended our dry spell for a while there, huh?
Life is a bitch, but she's totally doable.
<!--quoteo(post=9029:date=Jan 5 2009, 01:14 PM:name=Destined)-->QUOTE (Destined @ Jan 5 2009, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=9028:date=Jan 5 2009, 11:12 AM:name=ColoradoCub)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Jan 5 2009, 11:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=9013:date=Jan 5 2009, 11:57 AM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Jan 5 2009, 11:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->This thing that Andy has been doing has been incredibly enlightening. It's amazing how shitty this franchise has been for so long.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img]

imagine if we were doing this for the cardinals. off the top of my head:
c - ted immons or walker cooper
1b - albert pujols
2b - rogers hornsby or frank frisch (pick one)
3b - joe torre
ss - ozzie smith
of - stan muial
of - lou brock
of - johnny mize
of - joe medwick
of - enos slaughter
of - willie mcgee
of - jim edmonds
of - vince coleman

and i know i'm missing a shitload of players. if i add pitchers, the team is even sicker.
Wang.
how about orlando cepeda, curt flood, and mark mcwire?
Wang.
All-time Yankees (with little thought and not in order)

Catcher: Thurman Munson, Yogi Berra, Bill Dickey, Jorge Posada, Elston Howard
1st: Gehrig, Mattingly, Wally Pipp, Tino Martinez, Hal Chase
2nd: Lazzeri, Willie Randolph, Jimmy Williams, Knoblauch, Cano
3rd: Arod, Nettles, Brosius, Boggs, Red Rolfe
SS: Rizzuto, Jeter, Crosetti, Kubek, Kid Elberfeld
RF: Ruth, Maris, Keeler, Winfield, Jackson
CF: DiMaggio, Mantle, Combs, Bernie Williams, Bobby Murcer
LF: Meusel, Roy White, Woodling, Charlie Keller, George Selkirk

And for good measure Giambi, Baylor and Piniella DH'd pretty well.

I hate the Cubs and Yankees.
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
<!--quoteo(post=9088:date=Jan 5 2009, 12:28 PM:name=bz)-->QUOTE (bz @ Jan 5 2009, 12:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->All-time Yankees (with little thought and not in order)

Catcher: Thurman Munson, Yogi Berra, Bill Dickey, Jorge Posada, Elston Howard
1st: Gehrig, Mattingly, Wally Pipp, Tino Martinez, Hal Chase
2nd: Lazzeri, Willie Randolph, Jimmy Williams, Knoblauch, Cano
3rd: Arod, Nettles, Brosius, Boggs, Red Rolfe
SS: Rizzuto, Jeter, Crosetti, Kubek, Kid Elberfeld
RF: Ruth, Maris, Keeler, Winfield, Jackson
CF: DiMaggio, Mantle, Combs, Bernie Williams, Bobby Murcer
LF: Meusel, Roy White, Woodling, Charlie Keller, George Selkirk

And for good measure Giambi, Baylor and Piniella DH'd pretty well.

I hate the Cubs and Yankees.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
RF, CF makes me wanna puke, they're that deep.
If you want to start feeling better about yourselves, try doing this for the White Sox. I've put no thought at all into it, but I'm pretty sure their collection of talent is worse than ours.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.