Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final Winter League Stats
<!--quoteo(post=9946:date=Jan 8 2009, 12:06 AM:name=Brock)-->QUOTE (Brock @ Jan 8 2009, 12:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=9945:date=Jan 7 2009, 11:00 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Jan 7 2009, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->He's going to be our Tom Goodwin. We'll find him very useful. We've needed speed and he has plenty of it. I just don't see when Fuld would really play as the #3 CF. Gathright will at least pinch-run for us a lot.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

He's going to have to do a whole lot better than last season's .584 OPS to justify a spot on the roster. I don't care if he's the fastest guy in the world.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
He's not going to hit for any power so you can just throw the slugging percentage crap away, and we don't need him to hit for any power. He just needs to use his speed for us, and he will. He doesn't even have to have a single at bat all season for all I care. I have a feeling we're going to like him a lot in October.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=9945:date=Jan 7 2009, 11:00 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Jan 7 2009, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->He's going to be our Tom Goodwin. We'll find him very useful. We've needed speed and he has plenty of it. I just don't see when Fuld would really play as the #3 CF. Gathright will at least pinch-run for us a lot.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That's an excellent comparison. I'll take a new Tom Goodwin in a heartbeat.
Slugging isn't just power - it's turning singles into doubles and doubles into triples. Something a fast guy *should* be able to do. So I don't think it's fair to say slugging is an irrelevant stat for Gaithright.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
Gathright can jump over a car, though. That's something that doesn't show up in your fancy stat sheet, bub.
our success of failure next will have little to do with how gathright plays.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=10002:date=Jan 8 2009, 10:41 AM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Jan 8 2009, 10:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->our success of failure next will have little to do with how gathright plays.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Bingo, but I guarantee it won't hurt us.
<!--quoteo(post=10014:date=Jan 8 2009, 11:27 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jan 8 2009, 11:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=10002:date=Jan 8 2009, 10:41 AM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Jan 8 2009, 10:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->our success of failure next will have little to do with how gathright plays.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Bingo, but I guarantee it won't hurt us.

nope, in fact i think it will help.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=9995:date=Jan 8 2009, 11:10 AM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jan 8 2009, 11:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Gathright can jump over a car, though. That's something that doesn't show up in your fancy stat sheet, bub.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The other day I was watching one of those "Best Damn" countdowns of wacky plays on Fox Sports and they showed him leaping over the pitcher on his way to first base. That was pretty snazzy [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

And atleast he's good at bunt singles (replay at the end shows how dang fast he really is...majority of guys would be out by a long shot):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G73G3iFsnDo
<!--quoteo(post=10046:date=Jan 8 2009, 01:52 PM:name=jeffy777)-->QUOTE (jeffy777 @ Jan 8 2009, 01:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=9995:date=Jan 8 2009, 11:10 AM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Jan 8 2009, 11:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Gathright can jump over a car, though. That's something that doesn't show up in your fancy stat sheet, bub.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The other day I was watching one of those "Best Damn" countdowns of wacky plays on Fox Sports and they showed him leaping over the pitcher on his way to first base. That was pretty snazzy [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

And atleast he's good at bunt singles (replay at the end shows how dang fast he really is...majority of guys would be out by a long shot):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G73G3iFsnDo

He probably would have been out if the pitcher would have picked up the ball.
^^ good call, I didn't really watch it too closely since I was at work when I posted that. He's still got speed though. Too bad he doesn't have any power to go with it [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]