Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cubs going after Andy Pettitte?
I highly doubt it.

Just because we were rumored to have interest in Randy Johnson doesn't mean we want every old, washed up, expensive, tall, left-hander.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
Even though he reportedly turned down a deal with the Yankees, I don't think that ends talks. I just don't see them going out and getting Sabathia to let Pettitte get away that easy. Kind of taking two steps forward then two steps back. Well, maybe one back.
He turned down 1 year/$10 million from the Yanks, no way we sign him.
Bullshtein.

Anyone spending any time in New York knows that Pettitte is a Yankee, an Astro, or retired.
the only positive to signing pettite is his post season record, but even so, i have no interest.
Wang.
He'd be the best (and probably most expensive) #5 pitcher in baseball. It would also give us a 2nd lefty. I seriously doubt it would happen, but if he were willing to lower his price tag. If he wanted to pitch again, I can't imagine the Yankees not signing him.

Now let's play in the imaginary world where the Cubs do sign him. Do you move Lilly up to 3rd to keep from having lefties back to back?

Zambrano
Harden
Lilly
Dempster
Pettitte

That's a roster that would make opposing teams cringe a bit.
I got nothin'.

Andy
It looks more cringeworthy with Peavy.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
Can you imagine?

Zambrano
Peavy
Dempster
Harden
Lilly

Holly fucking shit!
<!--quoteo(post=10336:date=Jan 9 2009, 12:29 PM:name=AlexV)-->QUOTE (AlexV @ Jan 9 2009, 12:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Can you imagine?

Zambrano
Peavy
Dempster
Harden
Lilly

Holly fucking shit!<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Who's Holly and why are you keeping track of her BM's? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]
I picture a pissed-off Amazon bitch; uncontrollable, disobedient, boldly resisting any kind of emotional shackles...angrily begging for more ejaculate. -KB

Showing your teeth is a sign of weakness in primates. Whenever someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life. - Dwight

RIP Sarge
<!--quoteo(post=10339:date=Jan 9 2009, 01:34 PM:name=Jody)-->QUOTE (Jody @ Jan 9 2009, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=10336:date=Jan 9 2009, 12:29 PM:name=AlexV)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AlexV @ Jan 9 2009, 12:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Can you imagine?

Zambrano
Peavy
Dempster
Harden
Lilly

Holly fucking shit!<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Who's Holly and why are you keeping track of her BM's? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Just something I like to do in my free time. It's private, though, that's why I didn't say the last name. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
Carry on then.
I picture a pissed-off Amazon bitch; uncontrollable, disobedient, boldly resisting any kind of emotional shackles...angrily begging for more ejaculate. -KB

Showing your teeth is a sign of weakness in primates. Whenever someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life. - Dwight

RIP Sarge
<!--quoteo(post=10343:date=Jan 9 2009, 12:36 PM:name=Jody)-->QUOTE (Jody @ Jan 9 2009, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Carry on then.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Just remember, Alex...if you're tracking anyone's bowel activity, make sure Jody knows about it. He keeps a running tally on his bedroom wall.
<!--quoteo(post=10346:date=Jan 9 2009, 12:38 PM:name=Rappster)-->QUOTE (Rappster @ Jan 9 2009, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=10343:date=Jan 9 2009, 12:36 PM:name=Jody)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jody @ Jan 9 2009, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Carry on then.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Just remember, Alex...if you're tracking anyone's bowel activity, make sure Jody knows about it. He keeps a running tally on his bedroom wall.
His bowel activity notebook on me looks like John Doe's notebook collection in "Seven."
<!--quoteo(post=10348:date=Jan 9 2009, 12:39 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jan 9 2009, 12:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=10346:date=Jan 9 2009, 12:38 PM:name=Rappster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rappster @ Jan 9 2009, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=10343:date=Jan 9 2009, 12:36 PM:name=Jody)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jody @ Jan 9 2009, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Carry on then.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

His bowel activity notebook on me looks like John Doe's notebook collection in "Seven."

true, but i wouldn't wipe my ass with that notebook.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=10348:date=Jan 9 2009, 12:39 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jan 9 2009, 12:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=10346:date=Jan 9 2009, 12:38 PM:name=Rappster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rappster @ Jan 9 2009, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=10343:date=Jan 9 2009, 12:36 PM:name=Jody)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jody @ Jan 9 2009, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Carry on then.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No for you it's just empty pages with the occasional scribble.

RIP Sarge