Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuk
I don't see why Fuk is "shocking" anybody. He's an incredibly talented and fundamentally solid ballplayer. I think it's been more of mental struggles with him than anything.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=30184:date=Apr 14 2009, 03:51 AM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Apr 14 2009, 03:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I don't see why Fuk is "shocking" anybody. He's an incredibly talented and fundamentally solid ballplayer. I think it's been more of mental struggles with him than anything.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

BINGO!!
i'm shocked because he blew ass for 2/3 of last season, blew ass in the ridiculous wbc, and blew ass in spring training. thats why i'm shocked.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=30184:date=Apr 14 2009, 01:51 AM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Apr 14 2009, 01:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I don't see why Fuk is "shocking" anybody. He's an incredibly talented and fundamentally solid ballplayer. I think it's been more of mental struggles with him than anything.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
You're right, he is. I just didn't think he could overcome the mental stuff this fast. I didn't think he could get out of the dog house so quickly, that's what shocks me. I know he's capable of posting 15 HR, 80 RBI with a high average and OBP.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
I'm going to reserve my judgment on Fuk until the ASB. He was amazing for the first couple of months last season, too.

I am happy that he's showing some life, however.
I'm not shocked. He looked like this last April, too.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo(post=30193:date=Apr 14 2009, 07:01 AM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Apr 14 2009, 07:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->i'm shocked because he blew ass for 2/3 of last season, blew ass in the wbc, and blew ass in spring training. thats why i'm shocked.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
And that's not even counting his sterling 0-for-8 as a starter in the playoffs.
Yes, I'm shocked. Stunned. Bewitched, beguiled and bewildered.
But happy.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
Due to the stats of Japanese players being significantly better in their 2nd years in the majors, I was expecting Fuk to have a resurgence this year. After the WBC, I was doubtful, but I'm still not shocked by this.
Why don't we let him go a month or 2 before we start start sucking each others dicks about him...
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
<!--quoteo(post=30381:date=Apr 15 2009, 12:49 AM:name=PcB)-->QUOTE (PcB @ Apr 15 2009, 12:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Why don't we let him go a month or 2 before we start start sucking each others dicks about him...<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

see ya in a month then...... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blowjob.gif[/img]

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/respek.gif[/img]
<!--quoteo(post=30381:date=Apr 15 2009, 12:49 AM:name=PcB)-->QUOTE (PcB @ Apr 15 2009, 12:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Why don't we let him go a month or 2 before we start start sucking each others dicks about him...<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
He could very well suck for the rest of the year, but his current performance isn't shocking. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
<!--quoteo(post=30388:date=Apr 15 2009, 01:32 AM:name=Sandberg)-->QUOTE (Sandberg @ Apr 15 2009, 01:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=30381:date=Apr 15 2009, 12:49 AM:name=PcB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PcB @ Apr 15 2009, 12:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Why don't we let him go a month or 2 before we start start sucking each others dicks about him...<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
He could very well suck for the rest of the year, but his current performance isn't shocking. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

and yet here i am, shocked.
Wang.
Put me down in the shocked column.
<!--quoteo(post=30386:date=Apr 15 2009, 02:14 AM:name=FrischsBigBoy)-->QUOTE (FrischsBigBoy @ Apr 15 2009, 02:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=30381:date=Apr 15 2009, 12:49 AM:name=PcB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PcB @ Apr 15 2009, 12:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Why don't we let him go a month or 2 before we start start sucking each others dicks about him...<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

see ya in a month then...... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blowjob.gif[/img]

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/respek.gif[/img]
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Holla! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/respek.gif[/img]
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
SWEET NECTURE!
Wang.