Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuk
So he's playing for Japan in this exhibition game?
I got nothin'.

Andy
That's what I hear. Traitor.
<!--quoteo(post=23107:date=Mar 12 2009, 01:40 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Mar 12 2009, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->That's what I hear. Traitor.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Or, would it be more appropriately dubbed "traitorous" if he were to play for the Cubs against his home country for the filthy lucre?
I'm 100% fine with this. I'm just glad there's an actual plan in place that isn't, "Let's load up on retreads and hope we get lucky." I'm a little tired of that plan.

Butcher
<!--quoteo(post=23150:date=Mar 12 2009, 04:54 PM:name=Lance)-->QUOTE (Lance @ Mar 12 2009, 04:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=23107:date=Mar 12 2009, 01:40 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Mar 12 2009, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->That's what I hear. Traitor.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Or, would it be more appropriately dubbed "traitorous" if he were to play for the Cubs against his home country for the filthy lucre?
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
And <i>that's</i> one to grow on.
One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer

I drafted Fuk with my last pick in fantasy baseball. Figured it was a low risk high reward type of pick.
Wish he would stop dropping flyballs.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=26837:date=Apr 4 2009, 12:36 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Apr 4 2009, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Wish he would stop dropping flyballs.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If he keeps doing shit like that he may be out of a job in a month.
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->But pitching wasn't the only problem. Kosuke Fukudome made an error on a catchable fly in center and watched another fly drop between him and right fielder Milton Bradley for a ground-rule double.

Could Reed Johnson be closer to taking Fukudome's spot? Piniella wouldn't go that far, though he hinted as much.

"Reed Johnson gives us energy," Piniella said. "And from what I've seen, we need a little energy on the field."

Fukudome will remain in the Opening Day lineup, batting second, though Piniella hasn't been impressed with his play in center since he returned from the World Baseball Classic.

"He has missed a few balls out there," he said. "I don't know what happened today. I don't know if the wind got it or what. I'm not going to say he looks as comfortable to me in center as he did in right. That statement, I don't think I'm ready to make. But hopefully I will."<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
@TheBlogfines
This feels like when the playoffs began last fall and Lou inserted Fuk into the #2 hole, expecting different results than the utter sucktasticity that he displayed for several months. I'm lowering my expectations for Fuk to .240/.350/.375 7 hr and 40 rbi. And every time a ball is hit toward CF, my heart ends up in my throat.
<!--quoteo(post=26990:date=Apr 5 2009, 02:39 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Apr 5 2009, 02:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->This feels like when the playoffs began last fall and Lou inserted Fuk into the #2 hole, expecting different results than the utter sucktasticity that he displayed for several months. I'm lowering my expectations for Fuk to .240/.350/.375 7 hr and 40 rbi. And every time a ball is hit toward CF, my heart ends up in my throat.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yep, I'm back to hating him.
@TheBlogfines
Fuk is the new Corey Patterson, Latroy Hawkins, and anyone else that the Cub fans wanted to run out of town. He is going to hear a lot of boo birds this year even if he does put up semi decent numbers.
Why in the HELL is Lou batting him 2nd? Is Lou assuming that he'll be able to take some walks? Fuk does have a good eye, but why would a MLB pitcher nibble on the corners with him when he can't hit a basic strike?

Has Hendry never heard the term "sunk cost?" Like every GM, he's made some good moves and some bad ones; obviously throwing $48 million at Fuk was a <i>real</i> bad one.
But accept it and move on, dammit. The Tigers just ate Sheffield's 14 million. A few years ago, the D-Backs gave some washed-up pitcher 32 mil/4 yrs, watched him suck for a year, then smartly ate the rest of the deal.

Part of being a real man is owning up to your mistakes. Every inning Fuk plays in a Cub's baseball game is an inning that we play worse than we would have if our goal was to field the best team possible.
Stop dicking around...eat the remaining wasted dollars, and play someone who actually gives a fuck.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo(post=27001:date=Apr 5 2009, 03:59 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Apr 5 2009, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Why in the HELL is Lou batting him 2nd? Is Lou assuming that he'll be able to take some walks? Fuk does have a good eye, but why would a MLB pitcher nibble on the corners with him when he can't hit a basic strike?

Has Hendry never heard the term "sunk cost?" Like every GM, he's made some good moves and some bad ones; obviously throwing $48 million at Fuk was a <i>real</i> bad one.
But accept it and move on, dammit. The Tigers just ate Sheffield's 14 million. A few years ago, the D-Backs gave some washed-up pitcher 32 mil/4 yrs, watched him suck for a year, then smartly ate the rest of the deal.

Part of being a real man is owning up to your mistakes. Every inning Fuk plays in a Cub's baseball game is an inning that we play worse than we would have if our goal was to field the best team possible.
Stop dicking around...eat the remaining wasted dollars, and play someone who actually gives a fuck.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Well they thought he'd possibly get it back together, he has the talent to be a very good mlb player and we saw that in the first few months. He has some significant holes at the plate, but I expected him to adjust a bit on those. And say what you want about right field versus center field, nobody could've seen two -dropped- flyballs coming from him. He just seems like a headcase now that's lost his confidence. He's looked almost scared out there to me this spring.

And the point of batting him second is to try to get the most out of him right now, get him going. He'll get much better pitches to hit batting 2nd than he would batting 8th. But if he looks like this in 3 weeks, Reed's going to be the starter and we'll be fine. Lou doesn't give a shit about the contract, he wants to play the best player. Fuk can be that guy but his chances to show that are running out.

It's sad but I really believe our 1-2 hitters are mainly in those positions for comfort purposes. They're the guys making the big money and the Cubs want to give them the best opportunity to produce. Obviously Alf isn't a problem like Fuk is though.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=26996:date=Apr 5 2009, 04:19 PM:name=CCwinwssoon)-->QUOTE (CCwinwssoon @ Apr 5 2009, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Fuk is the new Corey Patterson, Latroy Hawkins, and anyone else that the Cub fans wanted to run out of town. He is going to hear a lot of boo birds this year even if he does put up semi decent numbers.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I wish Fuk would have taken the higher Sox offer so that KW would be the goat right now and not Hendry.
<!--quoteo(post=27024:date=Apr 5 2009, 06:35 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Apr 5 2009, 06:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=26996:date=Apr 5 2009, 04:19 PM:name=CCwinwssoon)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CCwinwssoon @ Apr 5 2009, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Fuk is the new Corey Patterson, Latroy Hawkins, and anyone else that the Cub fans wanted to run out of town. He is going to hear a lot of boo birds this year even if he does put up semi decent numbers.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I wish Fuk would have taken the higher Sox offer so that KW would be the goat right now and not Hendry.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
KW has given Ozzie some weird pieces. They're in a very winnable division, though, so he may come out of it lucky.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance