Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuk
<!--quoteo(post=27001:date=Apr 5 2009, 05:59 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Apr 5 2009, 05:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Why in the HELL is Lou batting him 2nd? Is Lou assuming that he'll be able to take some walks? Fuk does have a good eye, but why would a MLB pitcher nibble on the corners with him when he can't hit a basic strike?

Has Hendry never heard the term "sunk cost?" Like every GM, he's made some good moves and some bad ones; obviously throwing $48 million at Fuk was a <i>real</i> bad one.
But accept it and move on, dammit. The Tigers just ate Sheffield's 14 million. A few years ago, the D-Backs gave some washed-up pitcher 32 mil/4 yrs, watched him suck for a year, then smartly ate the rest of the deal.

Part of being a real man is owning up to your mistakes. Every inning Fuk plays in a Cub's baseball game is an inning that we play worse than we would have if our goal was to field the best team possible.
Stop dicking around...eat the remaining wasted dollars, and play someone who actually gives a fuck.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Are you honestly proposing to get rid of Fuk right now?
<!--quoteo(post=27030:date=Apr 5 2009, 07:03 PM:name=Scarey)-->QUOTE (Scarey @ Apr 5 2009, 07:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=27001:date=Apr 5 2009, 05:59 PM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Apr 5 2009, 05:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Why in the HELL is Lou batting him 2nd? Is Lou assuming that he'll be able to take some walks? Fuk does have a good eye, but why would a MLB pitcher nibble on the corners with him when he can't hit a basic strike?

Has Hendry never heard the term "sunk cost?" Like every GM, he's made some good moves and some bad ones; obviously throwing $48 million at Fuk was a <i>real</i> bad one.
But accept it and move on, dammit. The Tigers just ate Sheffield's 14 million. A few years ago, the D-Backs gave some washed-up pitcher 32 mil/4 yrs, watched him suck for a year, then smartly ate the rest of the deal.

Part of being a real man is owning up to your mistakes. Every inning Fuk plays in a Cub's baseball game is an inning that we play worse than we would have if our goal was to field the best team possible.
Stop dicking around...eat the remaining wasted dollars, and play someone who actually gives a fuck.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Are you honestly proposing to get rid of Fuk right now?
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Fuk showed enough promise in the first half of last season to make me believe he can be an effective major leaguer. He needs to get his confidence back more than anything, but batting him 2nd between Soriano and Lee will help with the pitches he gets.
KB, I understand your frustration with Fuk, but you do not get rid of the guy after one season of MLB. We gave CP chance after chance, you give Fuk at least one more chance. The Tigers ate 14 million on Sheffield, but he was 40 years old. Fuk still has a chance to be decent. If he can give us a .270 average with a .360 OBP I really don't care about the power and RBI totals. Now, I know that is not worth the 12 million a year we are paying him, but you do not just dump him after one year.
<!--quoteo(post=27054:date=Apr 5 2009, 09:56 PM:name=Runnys)-->QUOTE (Runnys @ Apr 5 2009, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->KB, I understand your frustration with Fuk, but you do not get rid of the guy after one season of MLB. We gave CP chance after chance, you give Fuk at least one more chance. The Tigers ate 14 million on Sheffield, but he was 40 years old. Fuk still has a chance to be decent. If he can give us a .270 average with a .360 OBP I really don't care about the power and RBI totals. Now, I know that is not worth the 12 million a year we are paying him, but you do not just dump him after one year.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Runnys is on top of things here.
seriouly...the guys played 1 year here. geez!
<!--quoteo(post=27054:date=Apr 5 2009, 08:56 PM:name=Runnys)-->QUOTE (Runnys @ Apr 5 2009, 08:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->KB, I understand your frustration with Fuk, but you do not get rid of the guy after one season of MLB. We gave CP chance after chance, you give Fuk at least one more chance. The Tigers ate 14 million on Sheffield, but he was 40 years old. Fuk still has a chance to be decent. If he can give us a .270 average with a .360 OBP I really don't care about the power and RBI totals. Now, I know that is not worth the 12 million a year we are paying him, but you do not just dump him after one year.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Run,
I'd give my left nut if fuk put up those numbers.
But he played poorly in the month before the all-star break, sucked after the ASB, sucked in the playoffs, sucked all spring, even sucked in the WBC. The Japanese manager obviously cares about winning, because in the championship game, he made damn sure that Fuk didn't get a single inning or at bat.

The one skill he possessed that was vaguely MLB-ready was fielding, and in his last game he dropped 2 fly balls.

How much more evidence do you need? Does he have to kill a guy?
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo(post=27085:date=Apr 6 2009, 02:23 AM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Apr 6 2009, 02:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=27054:date=Apr 5 2009, 08:56 PM:name=Runnys)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Runnys @ Apr 5 2009, 08:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->KB, I understand your frustration with Fuk, but you do not get rid of the guy after one season of MLB. We gave CP chance after chance, you give Fuk at least one more chance. The Tigers ate 14 million on Sheffield, but he was 40 years old. Fuk still has a chance to be decent. If he can give us a .270 average with a .360 OBP I really don't care about the power and RBI totals. Now, I know that is not worth the 12 million a year we are paying him, but you do not just dump him after one year.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Run,
But he played poorly in the month before the all-star break, sucked after the ASB, sucked in the playoffs, sucked all spring, even sucked in the WBC. The Japanese manager obviously cares about winning, because in the championship game, he made damn sure that Fuk didn't get a single inning or at bat.

The one skill he possessed that was vaguely MLB-ready was fielding, and in his last game he dropped 2 fly balls.

I'm sorry KB, you are absolutely right. The guy has played a total of 6 meaningful months in the majors and had 3 good ones and 3 bad ones...you are right, he is pure garbage. We will totally discount anything he did in Japan and we will just eat 12 million dollars on him and deplete our outfield depth even more. What was I thinking giving the guy a little more of a chance [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko.gif[/img]
It does seem like we're more hoping that he'll be acceptable than thinking logically that he will be.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
reed johnson will be the starting centerfielder by may.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=27102:date=Apr 6 2009, 08:25 AM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Apr 6 2009, 08:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->reed johnson will be the starting centerfielder by mid-april.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Fixed
If Fuk doesn't cut it out there Jimbo will go get another center fielder. Reed should not and will not be an everyday guy.
<!--quoteo(post=27091:date=Apr 6 2009, 06:52 AM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Apr 6 2009, 06:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->It does seem like we're more hoping that he'll be acceptable than thinking logically that he will be.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Ace should get some credit for predicting all this. Long before Fukudome played a single game for us, Ace did some mathematical calculations that indicated that fuk would be exactly what fuk now is.
I wish he'd been wrong.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo(post=27085:date=Apr 6 2009, 02:23 AM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Apr 6 2009, 02:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=27054:date=Apr 5 2009, 08:56 PM:name=Runnys)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Runnys @ Apr 5 2009, 08:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->KB, I understand your frustration with Fuk, but you do not get rid of the guy after one season of MLB. We gave CP chance after chance, you give Fuk at least one more chance. The Tigers ate 14 million on Sheffield, but he was 40 years old. Fuk still has a chance to be decent. If he can give us a .270 average with a .360 OBP I really don't care about the power and RBI totals. Now, I know that is not worth the 12 million a year we are paying him, but you do not just dump him after one year.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Run,

Your left nut? For those numbers?

Your left nut must not be very dear to you.
<!--quoteo(post=27405:date=Apr 6 2009, 03:45 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Apr 6 2009, 03:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=27085:date=Apr 6 2009, 02:23 AM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Apr 6 2009, 02:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=27054:date=Apr 5 2009, 08:56 PM:name=Runnys)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Runnys @ Apr 5 2009, 08:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->KB, I understand your frustration with Fuk, but you do not get rid of the guy after one season of MLB. We gave CP chance after chance, you give Fuk at least one more chance. The Tigers ate 14 million on Sheffield, but he was 40 years old. Fuk still has a chance to be decent. If he can give us a .270 average with a .360 OBP I really don't care about the power and RBI totals. Now, I know that is not worth the 12 million a year we are paying him, but you do not just dump him after one year.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Run,

Your left nut? For those numbers?

Your left nut must not be very dear to you.
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
@TheBlogfines
My right one does all the heavy lifting. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]

Butch, you're telling me that you wouldn't be elated to see Fuk put up a .360 OBP?