Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lee
Looks brutal at the plate. His swing is way too long and everything is still hit on the ground. He need to hit 8th. Or maybe benched.
Yea, his approach sucks right now. He looks like he's lost a few steps.
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
This should have been done last year.....let alone starting the year with him hitting 3rd!!
agree with you all. Lee needs to play, but its a most that he gets moved down in the lineup.

Seriously WTF
Lee and Soto need to switch spots in the lineup (when Soto is healthy)
<!--quoteo(post=29759:date=Apr 12 2009, 11:05 PM:name=Runnys)-->QUOTE (Runnys @ Apr 12 2009, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Lee and Soto need to switch spots in the lineup (when Soto is healthy)<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

At the very least Lee and Ramirez should swap spots for now.
<!--quoteo(post=29760:date=Apr 12 2009, 11:07 PM:name=Brock)-->QUOTE (Brock @ Apr 12 2009, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=29759:date=Apr 12 2009, 11:05 PM:name=Runnys)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Runnys @ Apr 12 2009, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Lee and Soto need to switch spots in the lineup (when Soto is healthy)<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Not so sure about that. You probably want your most clutch hitter hitting with guys on base. If Bradley can stay healthy (big if), then Ramirez will bat with someone on base in front of him probably over 35% of the time...I don't think that would be the case if he was batting 3rd.
<!--quoteo(post=29763:date=Apr 12 2009, 11:09 PM:name=Runnys)-->QUOTE (Runnys @ Apr 12 2009, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=29760:date=Apr 12 2009, 11:07 PM:name=Brock)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brock @ Apr 12 2009, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=29759:date=Apr 12 2009, 11:05 PM:name=Runnys)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Runnys @ Apr 12 2009, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Lee and Soto need to switch spots in the lineup (when Soto is healthy)<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Not so sure about that. You probably want your most clutch hitter hitting with guys on base. If Bradley can stay healthy (big if), then Ramirez will bat with someone on base in front of him probably over 35% of the time...I don't think that would be the case if he was batting 3rd.

Well, Fuk is getting on base a little more than Uncle Milty, for now. I'd bat Ramirez 3rd, for now.
Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them.
<!--quoteo(post=29763:date=Apr 12 2009, 11:09 PM:name=Runnys)-->QUOTE (Runnys @ Apr 12 2009, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=29760:date=Apr 12 2009, 11:07 PM:name=Brock)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brock @ Apr 12 2009, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=29759:date=Apr 12 2009, 11:05 PM:name=Runnys)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Runnys @ Apr 12 2009, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Lee and Soto need to switch spots in the lineup (when Soto is healthy)<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I just want the better hitters hitting higher in the order (Ramirez ahead of Lee). And Lee hitting 7th probably isn't realistic at this point.

It's not going to matter much when Bradley is out, since Ramirez will likely just move up to 4th again, unless Lou is really gung ho on not hitting Lee and Ramirez back to back and does something goofy like put Fontenot between them.
<!--quoteo(post=29766:date=Apr 12 2009, 11:15 PM:name=Bricklayer)-->QUOTE (Bricklayer @ Apr 12 2009, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=29763:date=Apr 12 2009, 11:09 PM:name=Runnys)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Runnys @ Apr 12 2009, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=29760:date=Apr 12 2009, 11:07 PM:name=Brock)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brock @ Apr 12 2009, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=29759:date=Apr 12 2009, 11:05 PM:name=Runnys)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Runnys @ Apr 12 2009, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Lee and Soto need to switch spots in the lineup (when Soto is healthy)<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Well, Fuk is getting on base a little more than Uncle Milty, for now. I'd bat Ramirez 3rd, for now.
Brick gets it.
Yeah Lee has absolutely no clue right now. He looks like the same Lee as in the 2nd half of last year. Can't pull anything with authority. Everything to the left side is a ground ball and everythign to the right side is a lazy fly ball. No signs of any power or even hard hit balls.

I was kinda optimistic he would make changes and bounce back at least a little bit, but now I'm not so sure. I know its only been 6 games, but he is exactly the same hitter as he was in the 2nd half of last year, right now.
i would like to see this lineup being used by Lou for a few games.

Soriano
Fukudome
Soto
Bradley
Ramirez
Lee
Fontenot
Theriot

His one sac fly to right was about 2 feet from a home run. I'm not defending him, he should be hitting at the bottom of the order and should yield a few more starts to Hoffpauir, but just saying.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
lee isn't the only one who sucks. bradley has been terrible too. i'm starting to turn on both of them. your 3 and 4 hitters can't be this bad.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=29779:date=Apr 13 2009, 01:12 AM:name=alpha)-->QUOTE (alpha @ Apr 13 2009, 01:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->i would like to see this lineup being used by Lou for a few games.

Soriano
Fukudome
Soto
Bradley
Ramirez
Lee
Fontenot
Theriot<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Soto should not bat 3rd. I'd prefer this:

Theriot
Fukudome
Ramirez
Bradley
Soriano
Fontenot
Lee
Soto

But Soriano is going to leadoff, so this would work:

Soriano
Fukudome
Ramirez
Bradley
Soto
Fontenot
Lee
Theriot

I have a feeling that Lee is just not a great hitter anymore. Either his wrist has caused him to lose bat speed or he was on PEDs. I don't care either way, he needs to be moved out of the three spot in the lineup.