Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soto
<!--quoteo(post=29103:date=Apr 9 2009, 02:22 PM:name=sleepyhead)-->QUOTE (sleepyhead @ Apr 9 2009, 02:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=29100:date=Apr 9 2009, 01:18 PM:name=Brock)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brock @ Apr 9 2009, 01:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Anyone know who the emergency catcher would be?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Aaron Miles is the emergency catcher
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That is how he is going to get his 400+ ABs
<!--quoteo(post=29104:date=Apr 9 2009, 01:24 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Apr 9 2009, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I don't know if I'd want him, but is LoDuca still out there? He must be getting desperate for an offer.
He sucked last year, and at 36-37, he might be too old to be an effective catcher. And he's right-handed. And a former steroid user.
Never mind.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Short-term I'd still take him, but that's only because I have no idea who is worth a shit down in the minors. Still, I don't think LoDuca would make a good teammate.
<!--quoteo(post=29119:date=Apr 9 2009, 01:56 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Apr 9 2009, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=29104:date=Apr 9 2009, 01:24 PM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Apr 9 2009, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I don't know if I'd want him, but is LoDuca still out there? He must be getting desperate for an offer.
He sucked last year, and at 36-37, he might be too old to be an effective catcher. And he's right-handed. And a former steroid user.
Never mind.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Short-term I'd still take him, but that's only because I have no idea who is worth a shit down in the minors. Still, I don't think LoDuca would make a good teammate.
He had a rep as being a good locker-room guy. But that was when he was starting, and was the heart of the team...he might not like being a bench guy.
If he didn't attend a ST though, I doubt he could get up to speed quick enough to help us.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->HOUSTON — A source close to Cubs catcher Geovany Soto said he is expected to miss 2-3 games with inflammation in his sore right shoulder.

Soto was examined Thursday. He should be in Milwaukee on Friday and said Thursday he hopes to be back in the lineup after a couple days off. The diagnosis appears to confirm his plan.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Link
This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
Very good.
<!--quoteo(post=29218:date=Apr 10 2009, 12:45 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Apr 10 2009, 12:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Very good.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I would be fine with them giving him the next 4 games off. That would give him 6 full days of recovery with the off day on Tuesday.
<!--quoteo(post=29229:date=Apr 10 2009, 06:42 AM:name=Runnys)-->QUOTE (Runnys @ Apr 10 2009, 06:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=29218:date=Apr 10 2009, 12:45 AM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Apr 10 2009, 12:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Very good.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I would be fine with them giving him the next 4 games off. That would give him 6 full days of recovery with the off day on Tuesday.
Hell yes. Good news, and I'm with the crowd; rest him as much as possible, and make darn sure he's healed.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
Thing is, if he's dealt with this a few times before in the minors, it's not as though a few more days off is going to cure it once and for all.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
I liked what Lou did tonight, getting Soto's feet wet in an unimportant moment.

<!--quoteo(post=29487:date=Apr 11 2009, 05:48 AM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Apr 11 2009, 05:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Thing is, if he's dealt with this a few times before in the minors, it's not as though a few more days off is going to cure it once and for all.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
But if he's dealt with it whilst in the minors and he's had success after, it mustn't be that bad and he knows how to get through it.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.