Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injury Log on the Big 3
<!--quoteo(post=35703:date=May 5 2009, 01:32 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ May 5 2009, 01:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=35696:date=May 5 2009, 02:28 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ May 5 2009, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=35695:date=May 5 2009, 01:27 PM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ May 5 2009, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->how many more wins would the cubs have if derosa was still on the team? none? less than none? 5? 12?

fuck derosa. i'm done with him too.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
0, and he played a huge part in us going 0-6 in the playoffs.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->We wouldn't give up DeRosa and Marquis solely for Milton Bradley. There's no way I'll believe that. This is a guy you can't expect to play more than 90 games and DeRo was our MVP last year. <i>~Clappy von Clappage</i><!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
And what I think Bradley will do in the playoffs changed my mind. If I had known Fontenot could play 3B and Hoff could handle RF well, wouldn't have been a concern at all. I also thought Harden might not even be pitching yet, that's why I wanted Marquis. Now, I love the roster.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=35721:date=May 5 2009, 02:48 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ May 5 2009, 02:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=35703:date=May 5 2009, 01:32 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ May 5 2009, 01:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=35696:date=May 5 2009, 02:28 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ May 5 2009, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=35695:date=May 5 2009, 01:27 PM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ May 5 2009, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->how many more wins would the cubs have if derosa was still on the team? none? less than none? 5? 12?

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->We wouldn't give up DeRosa and Marquis solely for Milton Bradley. There's no way I'll believe that. This is a guy you can't expect to play more than 90 games and DeRo was our MVP last year. <i>~Clappy von Clappage</i><!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
And what I think Bradley will do in the playoffs changed my mind. If I had known Fontenot could play 3B and Hoff could handle RF well, wouldn't have been a concern at all. I also thought Harden might not even be pitching yet, that's why I wanted Marquis. Now, I love the roster.
You're still pretty confident that we're going to make the playoffs?
<!--quoteo(post=35722:date=May 5 2009, 02:52 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ May 5 2009, 02:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=35721:date=May 5 2009, 02:48 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ May 5 2009, 02:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=35703:date=May 5 2009, 01:32 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ May 5 2009, 01:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=35696:date=May 5 2009, 02:28 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ May 5 2009, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=35695:date=May 5 2009, 01:27 PM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ May 5 2009, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->how many more wins would the cubs have if derosa was still on the team? none? less than none? 5? 12?

I'm shocked you are having doubts.
[Image: 2hz4sk2.jpg]
<!--quoteo(post=35705:date=May 5 2009, 01:33 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ May 5 2009, 01:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=35696:date=May 5 2009, 02:28 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ May 5 2009, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=35695:date=May 5 2009, 01:27 PM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ May 5 2009, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->how many more wins would the cubs have if derosa was still on the team? none? less than none? 5? 12?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Incorrect. You can't pontificate all year long about how he was "the team MVP," and then later pretend he had no value whatsoever.
I mean, you <i>can</i>. it just reeks of falseness.
He was the team MVP last year, I didn't say he had no value whatsoever. I said we'd miss his versatility, and really we haven't at all so far contrary to what people keep trying to tell themselves. He also made the error which would've been a DP that started the disaster of game 2, and hit into the dp with a 3-1 count, bags full, 1 out in game 3 '07. Ideally we could have DeRosa on the team as well, but to have Fontenot as your starting 2b and Bradley as your starting RF, it's not possible at all. This isn't a dream world and it's not how you handle business. If people keep thinking that DeRosa would've been fine being a backup everywhere, they're crazy.

And Fontenot will outproduce DeRosa offensively, and he's been absolutely fine at 3B. Ditto for Hoffpauir in RF. If that keeps up, we're not going to miss DeRosa.
@TheBlogfines
Flip flopper. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
<!--quoteo(post=35722:date=May 5 2009, 01:52 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ May 5 2009, 01:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=35721:date=May 5 2009, 02:48 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ May 5 2009, 02:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=35703:date=May 5 2009, 01:32 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ May 5 2009, 01:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=35696:date=May 5 2009, 02:28 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ May 5 2009, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=35695:date=May 5 2009, 01:27 PM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ May 5 2009, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->how many more wins would the cubs have if derosa was still on the team? none? less than none? 5? 12?

Yeah. We have a better record than I thought we would at this point, we've been injured more than any team around and to All-Star players, and we still have a few guys that haven't started hitting that are going to be major contributors. Take a look at the big picture, you'll feel a lot better about things with this team.
@TheBlogfines
I'm happy that they have a better record now than you thought they'd have...but I'm not sure how meaningful that is.
<!--quoteo(post=35740:date=May 5 2009, 02:20 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ May 5 2009, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm happy that they have a better record now than you thought they'd have...but I'm not sure how meaningful that is.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
We had a tough April schedule and you knew some of our main guys would get off to a slow start. Figured we'd have a much better May and it's sure looking that way.
@TheBlogfines
I still think we're going to make the playoffs.
We would be a better team with Mark DeRosa on the roster.
Those two statements can certainly stand side-by-side.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo(post=35753:date=May 5 2009, 03:31 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ May 5 2009, 03:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I still think we're going to make the playoffs.
Those two statements can certainly stand side-by-side.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Except that statement 2 was never going to happen.
[Image: 2hz4sk2.jpg]
<!--quoteo(post=35757:date=May 5 2009, 03:38 PM:name=Baron)-->QUOTE (Baron @ May 5 2009, 03:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=35753:date=May 5 2009, 03:31 PM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ May 5 2009, 03:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I still think we're going to make the playoffs.
Those two statements can certainly stand side-by-side.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Except that statement 2 was never going to happen.
Which doesn't mean it was a good move.
Can I add my two cents - "Who gives a flying fuck?"

The end
<!--quoteo(post=35820:date=May 5 2009, 09:41 PM:name=Dingo)-->QUOTE (Dingo @ May 5 2009, 09:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Can I add my two cents - "Who gives a flying fuck?"

The end<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wub.gif[/img]
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=35820:date=May 5 2009, 10:41 PM:name=Dingo)-->QUOTE (Dingo @ May 5 2009, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Can I add my two cents - "Who gives a flying fuck?"

The end<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
I got nothin'.

Andy
So, Aramis dislocated his shoulder. how long? I'm guessing two weeks since it was his left arm. I've dislocated my shoulder before. It hurts like nothing I've ever felt before or since. But once its popper back into socket the pain and recovery time isn't all that bad. I guess Freel is up and Scales gets to stick around a little longer.