Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injury Log on the Big 3
Shoot, we could do a lot worse than Brandon Wood. For some reason, the Angels don't like him as much as the rest of the world does.
(maybe he's in Mike Soscia's doghouse?)

Aren't they pitching-starved? I wonder who they'd want from us?
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo(post=37803:date=May 14 2009, 12:56 AM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ May 14 2009, 12:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Shoot, we could do a lot worse than Brandon Wood. For some reason, the Angels don't like him as much as the rest of the world does.

Aren't they pitching-starved? I wonder who they'd want from us?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

They have Lackey AND Santana both slated to come back in the next week or so...I don't think they have any need for pitching.
<!--quoteo(post=37803:date=May 13 2009, 11:56 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ May 13 2009, 11:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Shoot, we could do a lot worse than Brandon Wood. For some reason, the Angels don't like him as much as the rest of the world does.

Aren't they pitching-starved? I wonder who they'd want from us?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
He's not in the doghouse, he just has struggled to make contact with big league pitching, and has had some confidence issues.

Anyway, no way in hell this happens regardless.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Cubs' Zambrano ready -- and sorry
By
Gordon Wittenmyer
on May 14, 2009 3:28 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBacks (0)

Carlos Zambrano issued a pre-emptive apology today to fans for what they're going to see out of him when he returns from the disabled list in a week.

Already ``100 percent'' and ``ready to pitch,'' Zambrano said he won't be running hard on the bases for about a month after his return - per doctors' orders to protect his healing hamstring but against his playing nature.

``I'll be running like Geo Soto or Bengie Molina,'' said Zambrano, who took fielding practice without incident before today's game and is scheduled to make a Class A rehab start Sunday. ``I'll be running nice and easy and just taking my time and not hustling for now. And I apologize to the Cubs fans for [that]. But it's one thing to not hustle and another thing to not play good. I will still perform as good. I will try to do everything right.''

But after that first month back, he said, ``you will see me running like Juan Pierre or Jose Reyes.''

Zambrano, scheduled to make his return from the DL next Friday in San Diego, said none of the restrictions will affect how - or presumably how hard - he swings the bat: ``When you can hit, you can hit.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

I fucking love Big Z.
<!--quoteo(post=38018:date=May 14 2009, 05:27 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ May 14 2009, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I fucking love Big Z.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
me too
[Image: lou.jpg]
<!--quoteo(post=38025:date=May 14 2009, 06:13 PM:name=Mikey)-->QUOTE (Mikey @ May 14 2009, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=38018:date=May 14 2009, 05:27 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ May 14 2009, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I fucking love Big Z.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
me too
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Thirded.

Motion approved.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

zambrano is the most complete player on the team. maybe as close to a five tool player we've had in my lifetime.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=38034:date=May 14 2009, 07:54 PM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ May 14 2009, 07:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->zambrano is the most complete player on the team. maybe as close to a five tool player we've had in my lifetime.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Isn't speed one of the 5 tools?
He sure is entertaining, though. We have a very interesting team to watch.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo(post=38044:date=May 14 2009, 08:58 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ May 14 2009, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=38034:date=May 14 2009, 07:54 PM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ May 14 2009, 07:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->zambrano is the most complete player on the team. maybe as close to a five tool player we've had in my lifetime.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Z gets down the line faster than anybody on our team outside of Fuk.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=38053:date=May 14 2009, 09:35 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ May 14 2009, 09:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=38044:date=May 14 2009, 08:58 PM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ May 14 2009, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=38034:date=May 14 2009, 07:54 PM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ May 14 2009, 07:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->zambrano is the most complete player on the team. maybe as close to a five tool player we've had in my lifetime.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Z gets down the line faster than anybody on our team outside of Fuk.

and Rich Harden, he has wheels.
<!--quoteo(post=38044:date=May 14 2009, 09:58 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ May 14 2009, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=38034:date=May 14 2009, 07:54 PM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ May 14 2009, 07:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->zambrano is the most complete player on the team. maybe as close to a five tool player we've had in my lifetime.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
He sure is entertaining, though. We have a very interesting team to watch.

if you don't think zambrano is fast, then you haven't been paying attention. i've seen him leg out bunts. not drag bunts, not bunts for hits, but sacrifice bunts. bunts that everyone in the park knows is coming. i've seen him hit triples. for a man his size, he can move.

seriously, he's a five tool player. hit for power? yes sir. hit for average? you bet ya. arm? obviously. fielding? yep. speed? absolutely.

now, he doesn't walk much, so to some he may suck. i still like to believe that hits are better than walks. call me old fashioned.
Wang.
This doesn't sound good...

From Will Carroll:

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Ramirez is still in pain, and that says a lot about how serious the dislocation that he suffered last Friday actually was. He is eventually going to need some sort of capsular tightening, a surgical procedure that's exactly what it sounds like, though there are several ways to accomplish that goal. Surgeons differ on how they prefer to do it, with the "thermal" version being the most popular, but it has its downsides. The Cubs still believe that he'll be back in six weeks, but all signs point to a more extensive stay unless the pain leaves quickly and some reasonable stability returns to the joint. At this stage, the likelihood of a recurrence is through the roof.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

We might need to seriously look at some trade options unless Ramirez starts feeling better soon. It's been a week and he's still hurting.
Man... I don't know about shoulder dislocations, because they're not supposed to be as severe as shoulder separations, but I've separated my shoulder in a bike wreck, and it sucked big time... It was a year or more before I could throw a ball without pain. Sounds like Aram has a pretty severe dislocation, or maybe even a mild separation.