Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injury Log on the Big 3
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Because a roster and a lineup aren't built one transaction at a time. There was no direct replacement there, at all, you can't look at it like that.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I guess I'm not following.

Edmonds wasn't coming back. We needed another starting outfielder. We got Bradley, who replaced Edmonds.

DeRosa was traded. Fontenot became the starter. We needed an extra middle infielder. We got Miles, who replaced DeRosa.

I'm not even sure what we're arguing anymore. All I know is Aaron Miles has done nothing thus far to make me think he is going to be any sort of a worthwhile contributor to this team.
For those upset with Fontenot's defense at 3rd base (2 errors), DeRosa just committed his 5th at 3rd base this season.
<!--quoteo(post=35464:date=May 4 2009, 07:22 PM:name=Brock)-->QUOTE (Brock @ May 4 2009, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->Because a roster and a lineup aren't built one transaction at a time. There was no direct replacement there, at all, you can't look at it like that.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Edmonds wasn't coming back. We needed another starting outfielder. We got Bradley, who replaced Edmonds.

DeRosa was traded. Fontenot became the starter. We needed an extra middle infielder. We got Miles, who replaced DeRosa.

I'm not even sure what we're arguing anymore. All I know is Aaron Miles has done nothing thus far to make me think he is going to be any sort of a worthwhile contributor to this team.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
No. Fukudome replaced Edmonds. Bradley replaced Fukudome. Fontenot replaced DeRosa. Fontenot wasn't really replaced, his roster spot was essentially given to Gathright. Miles replaced Cedeno. Other moves, included Hill replacing Blanco, Hoffpauir replacing Ward, and a complete overhaul of the bullpen.

Saying it was as simple as Miles replacing DeRosa and Bradley replacing Edmonds just isn't close to reality.
<!--quoteo(post=35526:date=May 4 2009, 09:03 PM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ May 4 2009, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=35464:date=May 4 2009, 07:22 PM:name=Brock)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brock @ May 4 2009, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->Because a roster and a lineup aren't built one transaction at a time. There was no direct replacement there, at all, you can't look at it like that.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No. Fukudome replaced Edmonds. Bradley replaced Fukudome. Fontenot replaced DeRosa. Fontenot wasn't really replaced, his roster spot was essentially given to Gathright. Miles replaced Cedeno. Other moves, included Hill replacing Blanco, Hoffpauir replacing Ward, and a complete overhaul of the bullpen.

Saying it was as simple as Miles replacing DeRosa and Bradley replacing Edmonds just isn't close to reality.

How is it not close to reality? How is anything I said above incorrect? I give up. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko.gif[/img]
<!--quoteo(post=35568:date=May 4 2009, 10:10 PM:name=Brock)-->QUOTE (Brock @ May 4 2009, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=35526:date=May 4 2009, 09:03 PM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ May 4 2009, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=35464:date=May 4 2009, 07:22 PM:name=Brock)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brock @ May 4 2009, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->Because a roster and a lineup aren't built one transaction at a time. There was no direct replacement there, at all, you can't look at it like that.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

How is it not close to reality? How is anything I said above incorrect? I give up. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko.gif[/img]
It's not reality because it's wrong. It's incorrect because it's not correct. Pretty simple really.
Fontenot did not replace DeRosa. Adding that indisputable fact to the above equation makes ruby's whole house of cards fall down.

Thus Brock, you are correct.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo(post=35570:date=May 4 2009, 10:12 PM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ May 4 2009, 10:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=35568:date=May 4 2009, 10:10 PM:name=Brock)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brock @ May 4 2009, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=35526:date=May 4 2009, 09:03 PM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ May 4 2009, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=35464:date=May 4 2009, 07:22 PM:name=Brock)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brock @ May 4 2009, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->Because a roster and a lineup aren't built one transaction at a time. There was no direct replacement there, at all, you can't look at it like that.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It's not reality because it's wrong. It's incorrect because it's not correct. Pretty simple really.

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
<!--quoteo(post=35572:date=May 4 2009, 10:17 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ May 4 2009, 10:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Fontenot did not replace DeRosa. Adding that indisputable fact to the above equation makes ruby's whole house of cards fall down.

Thus Brock, you are correct.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Really? One was the primary 2008 2B and the other the primary 2009 2B.
In 2008, the Fontenot/Cedeno platoon played more innings at 2b than DeRosa. Quite a bit more.

Did Font play 3b last year? First base? Left field? Right Field?
No. No he didn't.
DeRosa played 59 games in the OF last year. Bradley, an OF, averages about 59 games missed per year. Would have been a nice fit , eh?
DeRo played 22 games at 3rd base last year. If you don't think Aramis appreciated it, than you don't know Mr. Aramis Ramirez.

I think DeRo was a valuable guy to have on the roster, because when the inevitable injuries happen, he could fill in just about anywhere.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo(post=35575:date=May 4 2009, 10:31 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ May 4 2009, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->In 2008, the Fontenot/Cedeno platoon played more innings at 2b than DeRosa. Quite a bit more.

No. No he didn't.
DeRosa played 59 games in the OF last year. Bradley, an OF, averages about 59 games missed per year. Would have been a nice fit , eh?
DeRo played 22 games at 3rd base last year. If you don't think Aramis appreciated it, than you don't know Mr. Aramis Ramirez.

I think DeRo was a valuable guy to have on the roster, because when the inevitable injuries happen, he could fill in just about anywhere.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Dude, you're so late to this discussion and clearly haven't read/comprehended anything that's been said. Bradley and DeRosa on the same team was never an option. Also, you saying that Fontenot doesn't directly replace DeRosa also helps my argument that the roster changes aren't as simple as Bradley for Edmonds and Miles for DeRosa. Thanks for your insight though, valuable as always.
I'm just going to bite my tongue and move on.
<!--quoteo(post=35577:date=May 4 2009, 10:49 PM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ May 4 2009, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=35575:date=May 4 2009, 10:31 PM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ May 4 2009, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->In 2008, the Fontenot/Cedeno platoon played more innings at 2b than DeRosa. Quite a bit more.

No. No he didn't.

I think DeRo was a valuable guy to have on the roster, because when the inevitable injuries happen, he could fill in just about anywhere.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Dude, you're so late to this discussion and clearly haven't read/comprehended anything that's been said. <b>Bradley and DeRosa on the same team was never an option</b>. Also, you saying that Fontenot doesn't directly replace DeRosa also helps my argument that the roster changes aren't as simple as Bradley for Edmonds and Miles for DeRosa. Thanks for your insight though, valuable as always.
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rollin.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
<!--quoteo(post=35586:date=May 5 2009, 01:36 AM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ May 5 2009, 01:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=35577:date=May 4 2009, 10:49 PM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ May 4 2009, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=35575:date=May 4 2009, 10:31 PM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ May 4 2009, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->In 2008, the Fontenot/Cedeno platoon played more innings at 2b than DeRosa. Quite a bit more.

No. No he didn't.

Dude, you're so late to this discussion and clearly haven't read/comprehended anything that's been said. <b>Bradley and DeRosa on the same team was never an option</b>. Also, you saying that Fontenot doesn't directly replace DeRosa also helps my argument that the roster changes aren't as simple as Bradley for Edmonds and Miles for DeRosa. Thanks for your insight though, valuable as always.
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rollin.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
It wasn't. The fact that you seem to think it was a possibility, points to exactly how out of touch you really are. #1, it was a money saving move. #2, it was to get Fontenot more PT. #3, it was to get more lefthanded. There was zero chance that DeRosa and Bradley were ever gonna be on the same team.
Are we still arguing over DeRosa? Really? Does it matter at this point?
I got nothin'.

Andy
ruby -- you need to be fair to KB. Because now you're taking the argument in a slightly different direction. Your last post was very close to saying, "DeRosa was never going to be on the Cubs in 2009 because Hendry and Lou didn't want him to be on the Cubs in 2009." Which is dangerously close to saying, "The Red Sox would never trade for Izturis because they didn't trade for Izturis."