Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injury Log on the Big 3
<!--quoteo(post=34475:date=Apr 30 2009, 09:57 PM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Apr 30 2009, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=34471:date=Apr 30 2009, 09:55 PM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Apr 30 2009, 09:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=34443:date=Apr 30 2009, 09:39 PM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Apr 30 2009, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=34438:date=Apr 30 2009, 09:34 PM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Apr 30 2009, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=34320:date=Apr 30 2009, 04:52 PM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ Apr 30 2009, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=34286:date=Apr 30 2009, 03:44 PM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Apr 30 2009, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=34232:date=Apr 30 2009, 01:00 PM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Apr 30 2009, 01:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->DeRosa>Scales

(to the 90th power)<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
What point is this supposed to prove, I don't follow.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That if the Cubs hadn't traded DeRosa, he could back up at third, I believe is the point.
Thank you Ace, for pointing out the obvious. Of course, nobody could have possibly predicted that Bradley and/or Aramis would get hurt this year. Therefore Ruby is right yet again...good trade.
Hey dumbass, it was DeRosa or Bradley, there was never a possibility that both would be on the same team.
Yep, that was the exact equation.
It's especially wonderful now that we've <i>eaten</i> $6 mil in contracts for Vizcaino and Gaudin.
Fine budget planning. But what do I know? I'm just a dumb fan who thinks it's good to have suitable backups for oft-injured players. What a dumbass! Good call!
If you think that there was a chance that both DeRosa and Bradley were gonna be on the Cubs at the same time, I think dumbass applies. It was never, ever, never, ever, never, ever gonna happen.
I truly think that you're wrong. However, I won't argue the point, because there's no way to prove it either way.
I do consider it to have been a poor decision at the time, and do think that we'll be feeling the repercussions all year long.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
I'm not wrong about this.
Either way, someone, whether it's Lou or Hendry needs to answer for this shitty roster management lately. Lou seems about as unfamiliar with his team, if not more, than in 2007, and it's getting aggravating as fuck.
These injuries are getting ridiculous.
@TheBlogfines
Z will be fine. He's just gonna yell at his hammy until he makes it feel so guilty it heals itself.
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
Trib:

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->On a day when the Cubs honored two of baseball's most durable former pitchers, Ferguson Jenkins and Greg Maddux, they were prepared to place their highest-paid pitcher on the disabled list.

Carlos Zambrano, who picked up the win in Sunday's 6-4 victory over the Marlins, spent Sunday evening with an MRI machine after straining his left hamstring beating out a bunt single. Even if the injury isn't considered serious, Zambrano most likely will be shut down.

"I would think we're going to have to do something to get a starter in here," said manager Lou Piniella while defending his ace pitcher's aggressiveness on the base paths.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Cubs.com:

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->CHICAGO -- Cubs pitcher Carlos Zambrano strained his left hamstring running to first base in the fifth inning on Sunday against the Florida Marlins and could miss his next start.

Zambrano was to undergo an MRI, and Cubs manager Lou Piniella said he expected to have a more definitive report on the right-hander on Monday. His next start is scheduled for Friday, when the Cubs open a weekend series against the Milwaukee Brewers.

"I would say right now that's in jeopardy, and if I had to guess, I'd say no," Piniella said of Zambrano making his next start.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
Sweet.

And people are of course complaining about him laying down the bunt and running it out. I guess they don't watch every other at bat where Z runs 100% down the line no matter what, and in 9 seasons, this is the first time he's gotten hurt from it.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=35234:date=May 3 2009, 08:19 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ May 3 2009, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Sweet.

And people are of course complaining about him laying down the bunt and running it out. I guess they don't watch every other at bat where Z runs 100% down the line no matter what, and in 9 seasons, this is the first time he's gotten hurt from it.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

When Z hits a groundball to second base, he does not run it out every time. Just sayin'.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
Also in that Trib article:
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->The next scheduled start for Zambrano is Friday in Milwaukee, but that probably will be made by Randy Wells (3-0, 3.13 ERA), Jose Ascanio (0-1, 1.25) or Mitch Atkins (1-2, 6.99), all pitchers for the Iowa Cubs.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Rotoworld speculated Ascanio in their report.
@TheBlogfines
I'm not worried about this, but I'm just wondering who in the hell will replace Z short term. Guzman? Do we call up Atkins?
<!--quoteo(post=35235:date=May 3 2009, 06:23 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ May 3 2009, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=35234:date=May 3 2009, 08:19 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ May 3 2009, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Sweet.

And people are of course complaining about him laying down the bunt and running it out. I guess they don't watch every other at bat where Z runs 100% down the line no matter what, and in 9 seasons, this is the first time he's gotten hurt from it.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

When Z hits a groundball to second base, he does not run it out every time. Just sayin'.
I swear every time I see him he's motoring down the line. So you're mad he bunted I take it?
@TheBlogfines
Yeah Z seems to always hustle.
I find it very hard to be mad at a guy for busting his ass and trying to help his team win.
<!--quoteo(post=35236:date=May 3 2009, 07:24 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ May 3 2009, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Also in that Trib article:
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->The next scheduled start for Zambrano is Friday in Milwaukee, but that probably will be made by Randy Wells (3-0, 3.13 ERA), Jose Ascanio (0-1, 1.25) or Mitch Atkins (1-2, 6.99), all pitchers for the Iowa Cubs.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Wow. I take it he is starting now?
<!--quoteo(post=35247:date=May 3 2009, 07:05 PM:name=stevestonescigar)-->QUOTE (stevestonescigar @ May 3 2009, 07:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=35236:date=May 3 2009, 07:24 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ May 3 2009, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Also in that Trib article:
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->The next scheduled start for Zambrano is Friday in Milwaukee, but that probably will be made by Randy Wells (3-0, 3.13 ERA), Jose Ascanio (0-1, 1.25) or Mitch Atkins (1-2, 6.99), all pitchers for the Iowa Cubs.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Wow. I take it he is starting now?
I saw he threw 5 innings in one of the roundups Kid posted, so I guess.
@TheBlogfines