Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injury Log on the Big 3
<!--quoteo(post=32693:date=Apr 23 2009, 05:59 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Apr 23 2009, 05:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=32690:date=Apr 23 2009, 03:55 PM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ Apr 23 2009, 03:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=32667:date=Apr 23 2009, 05:07 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Apr 23 2009, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=32655:date=Apr 23 2009, 02:58 PM:name=Giff)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Giff @ Apr 23 2009, 02:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The booing does concern me though because I could see him feeling alienated (which he could take as a sign of disrespect) and lose it with the fans. That would be bad.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Bingo. Ask the Dodgers fans how that can turn out.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
The only thing I'm booing is his prideful stupid fucking ass for not just taking the suspension while he's sitting the damn bench anyway.
I'll boo that too, but not to his face.
Yeah, ditto. I like being alive.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
This thread is dripping with racism. That article was spot on. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ace.gif[/img]
<!--quoteo(post=32690:date=Apr 23 2009, 04:55 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Apr 23 2009, 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=32667:date=Apr 23 2009, 05:07 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Apr 23 2009, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=32655:date=Apr 23 2009, 02:58 PM:name=Giff)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Giff @ Apr 23 2009, 02:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The booing does concern me though because I could see him feeling alienated (which he could take as a sign of disrespect) and lose it with the fans. That would be bad.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Bingo. Ask the Dodgers fans how that can turn out.
The only thing I'm booing is his prideful stupid fucking ass for not just taking the suspension while he's sitting the damn bench anyway.
Exactly. Now he's hurt again. Quit fucking around with the "principle" of the freaking thing, and serve the damn suspension.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->ST. LOUIS- Aramis Ramirez won't play Saturday due to the calf strain he suffered Friday night, leaving the Cubs with no extra infielders for today's game against St. Louis.

Ramirez and Carlos Marmol are being examined this morning, and we should have some news before gametime. Ramirez's injury turns Milton Bradley's groin strain from a minor annoyance to a major problem, basically leaving manager Lou Piniella with a 23-man roster.

Bradley is not close to being able to play the outfield, but can still pinch-hit. But even if he reaches, as he did with a walk in the ninth inning on Friday night, Piniella still has to remove him for a pinch-runner, namely little-used outfielder Joey Gathright.

That means Bradley has become, at least temporarily, the new Daryle Ward- a one-dimensional player taking up a roster spot who can't play defense or run the bases. The Cubs seem reluctant to put Bradley on the disabled list, for whatever reason, so what will they do without Ramirez in the lineup and no spare infielders?

Unless they DL Ramirez or Bradley, or send Micah Hoffpauir down to Triple-A Iowa for infielder Andres Blanco (an unlikely scenario), they'll have to make due with what they have. That means Alfonso Soriano, who came up as a shortstop but switched to second in New York because of Derek Jeter's presence, will become the emergency back-up infielder, assuming Piniella has to double-switch at some point.

Koyie Hill has also played some third base in his minor league days, but as the back-up catcher, it's doubtful he'd be used except for an extreme emergency.

As for Marmol, the Cubs are hoping his knee strain is minor and will miss only 4-5 days. if that's the case, they should be able to get by with a six-man bullpen, though someone may have to nudge Piniella into using David "Rule 5" Patton, the rookie who has disappeared from view.

If Marmol goes on the DL, the Cubs can call up Jose Ascanio or Chad Fox, and Aaron Heilman will be the new set-up man for Kevin Gregg, with Angel Guzman replacing Heilman as the bridge pitcher to the eighth inning.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
Bradley has become Cliff Floyd (with an attitude problem), or maybe he always was.

And anyone else excited to see Chad Fox again?
<!--quoteo(post=33054:date=Apr 25 2009, 11:43 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Apr 25 2009, 11:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Bradley has become Cliff Floyd (with an attitude problem), or maybe he always was.

And anyone else excited to see Chad Fox again?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
He'll blow out his arm after giving up 4 runs to lose us the game. That's about an 6 on the exciting scale.
Well now that we're out of backup infielders, can't we just bring up one of the guys we got in trade for DeRosa? I mean we did get something for him right? Some position player? Right?

Fuck!
Maybe we can trade Bradley to the Tribe for DeRosa. Do they need a DH?

Man...this season is unraveling pretty quickly.
<!--quoteo(post=33060:date=Apr 25 2009, 01:17 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Apr 25 2009, 01:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Maybe we can trade Bradley to the Tribe for DeRosa. Do they need a DH?

Man...this season is unraveling pretty quickly.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

And unraveling pretty early, too. It sucks to lose 85 games in the first three weeks.
<!--quoteo(post=33061:date=Apr 25 2009, 12:19 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Apr 25 2009, 12:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=33060:date=Apr 25 2009, 01:17 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Apr 25 2009, 01:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Maybe we can trade Bradley to the Tribe for DeRosa. Do they need a DH?

And unraveling pretty early, too. It sucks to lose 85 games in the first three weeks.
Doesn't it?
<!--quoteo(post=33062:date=Apr 25 2009, 01:22 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Apr 25 2009, 01:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=33061:date=Apr 25 2009, 12:19 PM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ Apr 25 2009, 12:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=33060:date=Apr 25 2009, 01:17 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Apr 25 2009, 01:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Maybe we can trade Bradley to the Tribe for DeRosa. Do they need a DH?

Doesn't it?

Shouldn't have scheduled so many quintuple headers. That was the first mistake.

(this is all going into an article now)
Marmol has a grade 1 sprain, still expected to be out 4 to 5 days.
<!--quoteo(post=33066:date=Apr 25 2009, 12:58 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Apr 25 2009, 12:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Marmol has a grade 1 sprain, still expected to be out 4 to 5 days.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Just enough days for us to fall irreversibly out of the race. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
I know some of you guys are mocking others negativity, and I'm well aware we're still sporting a winning record. The problem here is that this team shows no life. No "spunk". The bullpen sucks outside of Marmol and now he's out for a week.Butcher is right on. Things are falling apart rapidly and need a fast change or we're going to be chasing multiple teams all year. Why the fuck can't this team ever make anything easy? Just once!!

Where the hell is Jeffy and Rapp to talk us down?
<!--quoteo(post=33085:date=Apr 25 2009, 02:23 PM:name=Tailgater)-->QUOTE (Tailgater @ Apr 25 2009, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Where the hell is Jeffy and Rapp to talk us down?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm here. But I honestly don't think it will make a difference [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

It's a long season though. We were terribly frightened of the Diamondbacks this time last year, and look what happened to them. Maybe the same thing will happen to the Cardinals. Also, Tampa Bay was barely over .500 and they ended up in the WS. Anything can happen.