Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ex-Cubs
Some of these, especially bullpen guys, are depressing.

http://www.thecubreporter.com/2009/04/22/ex-cub-watch
The only one I really regret is Eyre. We traded him and kept Cotts, which was stupid. Howry and Wuertz are still crap. Wood is still injury prone and overpaid. Gallagher is a reliever now, and we got Harden for him.
I am happy to see ex-Cubs do bad, generally.
<!--quoteo(post=32481:date=Apr 23 2009, 10:43 AM:name=sleepyhead)-->QUOTE (sleepyhead @ Apr 23 2009, 10:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The only one I really regret is Eyre. We traded him and kept Cotts, which was stupid. Howry and Wuertz are still crap. Wood is still injury prone and overpaid. Gallagher is a reliever now, and we got Harden for him.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The Eyre one is stupid. He became a free agent after last year so this year's results really don't matter.
<!--quoteo(post=32540:date=Apr 23 2009, 02:04 PM:name=Coldneck)-->QUOTE (Coldneck @ Apr 23 2009, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=32481:date=Apr 23 2009, 10:43 AM:name=sleepyhead)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sleepyhead @ Apr 23 2009, 10:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The only one I really regret is Eyre. We traded him and kept Cotts, which was stupid. Howry and Wuertz are still crap. Wood is still injury prone and overpaid. Gallagher is a reliever now, and we got Harden for him.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The Eyre one is stupid. He became a free agent after last year so this year's results really don't matter.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yea, but if we hadn't torched that bridge we could have easily kept him.
We haven't been burned too badly by any of them. Obviously the Nolasco thing hurts the most, but trading minor-league pitchers is really like throwing darts blindfolded. And we seemed to have made up for it with the Harden deal.

I wonder why they didn't mention Juan Cruz?
One of the posters mentioned how Murton is killing in AAA, and that his career stats would make him the 3rd best hitting Cub OFer (and his career slash stats are not that different from Bradley's). And with Bradley and Alf possibly missing a combined 60-80 games, he'd be a valuable piece.
IMO, however, he's burned his Chicago bridge. And Lou hates him as much as some here do, so fuck it.
(Speaking of Fuk, he has a 1.148 OPS in the bigs this year, which is about the same as Murton's in the minors, so fuk that redheaded bastard!)
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
We should definitely inquire about Murton.
<!--quoteo(post=32616:date=Apr 23 2009, 03:27 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Apr 23 2009, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->We haven't been burned too badly by any of them. Obviously the Nolasco thing hurts the most, but trading minor-league pitchers is really like throwing darts blindfolded. And we seemed to have made up for it with the Harden deal.

I wonder why they didn't mention Juan Cruz?
One of the posters mentioned how Murton is killing in AAA, and that his career stats would make him the 3rd best hitting Cub OFer (and his career slash stats are not that different from Bradley's). And with Bradley and Alf possibly missing a combined 60-80 games, he'd be a valuable piece.
IMO, however, he's burned his Chicago bridge. And Lou hates him as much as some here do, so fuck it.
(Speaking of Fuk, he has a 1.148 OPS in the bigs this year, which is about the same as Murton's in the minors, so fuk that redheaded bastard!)<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Nolasco would be our 6th-best starter this year. I guess he'd be nice out of the 'pen, though.
Uh, last year, in over 200 innings, Nolasco was 15-8 with a 1.1 WHIP and a 3.52 ERA.
I love Marshall and all, but...
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo(post=32680:date=Apr 23 2009, 04:33 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Apr 23 2009, 04:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Uh, last year, in over 200 innings, Nolasco was 15-8 with a 1.1 WHIP and a 3.52 ERA.
I love Marshall and all, but...<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Career stats -- 28-23 with a 4.26 ERA for Nolasco. And he has sucked complete ass so far this season.

Yeah, his stats are better than Marshall's, he doesn't blow him away in any category other than IP.

So, he'd be our 5th best starter. I stand corrected.
WHIP-(Walks & Hits per IP)

2008 Leaders

1. Hamels (PHI) 1.082
<b>2. Nolasco (FLA) 1.102</b>
3. Haren (ARI) 1.130
4. Lowe (LAD) 1.133
5. Bush (MIL) 1.141
6. Santana (NYM) 1.148
7. Sheets (MIL) 1.150
8. Lincecum (SFG) 1.172
9. Oswalt (HOU) 1.179
10. Peavy (SDP) 1.180

Hmm....that's some nice company to be in, no? Any 5th starters in that list?
I see Santana, Lincecum, Cole Hamels, that Peavy guy who would presumably crack the top 5 in our rotation...yep, pretty nice company, especially in a stat that seems to do very well at predicting future success.
That's an impressive list. I wonder how his ERA is at least a full run higher than everyone else listed there. Maybe he gives up a lot of dongs. In spacious Pro Player, you'd think he could keep the ball in the park.

Do I wish we could undo the Pierre trade? Hell yes. I'm just not 100% sold on Nolasco yet. Would it be nice to have him back? You bet your ass.
<!--quoteo(post=32719:date=Apr 23 2009, 06:29 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Apr 23 2009, 06:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->That's an impressive list. I wonder how his ERA is at least a full run higher than everyone else listed there. Maybe he gives up a lot of dongs. In spacious Pro Player, you'd think he could keep the ball in the park.
Do I wish we could undo the Pierre trade? Hell yes. I'm just not 100% sold on Nolasco yet. Would it be nice to have him back? You bet your ass.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yeah, I wasn't trying to be a dick. I was just as surprised to see Nolasco's name up there on that list as you were.

I do think that a major reason his ERA is higher is because of his middle infielders: with Uggla and Hanley Ramirez, you've got one of the worst defensive 2B-SS combo's in recent history, and you know how important it is to have strength up-the-middle, defensively. (fuckers sure can hit, though).

And I know how much you adore Mr. Pierre.
True adoration.
KB, Dave Bush is on that list.
<!--quoteo(post=32723:date=Apr 23 2009, 05:58 PM:name=johnr42)-->QUOTE (johnr42 @ Apr 23 2009, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->KB, Dave Bush is on that list.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

He gave up a HR to Matt Stairs today. He must suck.
I like you guys a lot.