Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dirty Dick Harden
<!--quoteo(post=32345:date=Apr 22 2009, 05:32 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Apr 22 2009, 05:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Andy, did you just make up that "Dirty Dick" moniker, or have you heard it around?
Either way, i think that should be his official name from now on. His stuff is nasty. I like "Nasty Dick" too, but Dirty Dick is better.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Dirty Dick Hardon.
<!--quoteo(post=32345:date=Apr 22 2009, 05:32 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Apr 22 2009, 05:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Andy, did you just make up that "Dirty Dick" moniker, or have you heard it around?
Either way, i think that should be his official name from now on. His stuff is nasty. I like "Nasty Dick" too, but Dirty Dick is better.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Just made it up because I find it humorous his parents would name him Richard with a name that sounds close enough to hard on for me to smirk. Dirty because his stuff is filthy and sounds good with Dick.
I got nothin'.

Andy
I had dinner with my girlfriend, her son and a friend. The two 14 year olds had a major snickering event when i asked her if the pork roast was without the bone. The humor here is about at the same level. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]
I'm 100% fine with this. I'm just glad there's an actual plan in place that isn't, "Let's load up on retreads and hope we get lucky." I'm a little tired of that plan.

Butcher
Well, he's Canadian, so he'd probably be flattered by a nickname like "Dirty Dick."

BTW, I sometimes forget how truly dominating he is, until I take a look at his stats. For instance, he pitched 148 innings last year (between his 2 teams) which is more than I'd thought. They usually use 162 as the baseline to qualify for things like the ERA title, so he was close. And his ERA was <!--coloro:#FF0000--><!--/coloro-->2.07<!--colorc-->
<!--/colorc-->, over the whole year.
Johan Santana led the majors with a 2.54 ERA, so Harden's was a freaking HALF-RUN better. His WHIP was 2nd in MLB, behind only Roy Halladay.

With a little better health, Dirty Dick could be the very best pitcher in the world.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
dirty dick it is. it's official.
Wang.