Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soriano is awful
IMO, if 2 weeks on the DL earlier in the year would have helped, the Cubs are retarded for not insisting he go on the DL.
<!--quoteo(post=60102:date=Aug 26 2009, 10:17 AM:name=vitaminB)-->QUOTE (vitaminB @ Aug 26 2009, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=60056:date=Aug 26 2009, 12:22 AM:name=ColoradoCub)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Aug 26 2009, 12:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--QuoteBegin-Twitter+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Twitter)<!--QuoteEBegin-->cst_cubs: Soriano to go for MRI on ailing left knee. Possible surgery?about 1 hour ago from txt<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Awesome. Put yourself before the team all season, then finally decide to do something about your knee in August once things fall apart. Way to go asshole.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I don't see how you're faulting the guy at all for this. We expect him to play through pain when we have a chance, and then after we're out of it, shut it down and make sure you're ready for spring training. It feels like to me you're just looking for a reason to rag on him. I

I'd expect him to play through pain if we were in the middle of a pennant race and it wasn't affecting how he was playing... which wasn't the case since April when all this started. If he would have taken a few weeks off back then, we probably wouldn't have been stuck with 3 months of suck out of him.
You guys know how I feel about this. I can't imagine another manager would have made Soto thin, or make Soriano hit a curve, or get ARam unhurt, or make Bradley an average hitter, or make Fontenot any good, or made Theriot any good, or made Zambrano healthy, or made Dempster healthy, yada yada yada.

I have no problem with them letting Lou go, I just don't think he is remotely the problem. Getting Soriano healthy/good, getting Zambrano and Bradley's heads out of their asses, getting a double play combination that's above league average, and getting the bong out of Soto's hands will all matter much more than a new manager.

I also think there is justification for letting Hendry go, but starting a whole new regime can be pretty damaging to how a team works. I'd like to see how Wilken does with the minor league system.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
<!--QuoteBegin-Twitter+-->QUOTE (Twitter)<!--QuoteEBegin-->cst_cubs: Sori back in for now. Lineup: riot, milt, lee, rami, fuky, sori, baker, hill, harden.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/specialed.gif[/img]
<!--quoteo(post=60245:date=Aug 26 2009, 03:22 PM:name=ColoradoCub)-->QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Aug 26 2009, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--QuoteBegin-Twitter+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Twitter)<!--QuoteEBegin-->cst_cubs: Sori back in for now. Lineup: riot, milt, lee, rami, fuky, sori, baker, hill, harden.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

We're back!

I think I must be pissed if this team seriously were to make a run by the way. I mean if they won out, awesome. But it would be so Cub for them to all of a sudden get their heads out of their asses and miss the playoffs by a few games.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=60259:date=Aug 26 2009, 06:44 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Aug 26 2009, 06:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=60245:date=Aug 26 2009, 03:22 PM:name=ColoradoCub)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Aug 26 2009, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--QuoteBegin-Twitter+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Twitter)<!--QuoteEBegin-->cst_cubs: Sori back in for now. Lineup: riot, milt, lee, rami, fuky, sori, baker, hill, harden.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

We're back!

I think I must be pissed if this team seriously were to make a run by the way. I mean if they won out, awesome. But it would be so Cub for them to all of a sudden get their heads out of their asses and miss the playoffs by a few games.
I wouldn't worry about that.
The Cubs are a much better team with Soriano on the bench an Fox in LF. I hope Soriano's knee injury leads to amputation.
<!--quoteo(post=60744:date=Aug 30 2009, 11:09 AM:name=Coldneck)-->QUOTE (Coldneck @ Aug 30 2009, 11:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The Cubs are a much better team with Soriano on the bench an Fox in LF. I hope Soriano's knee injury leads to amputation.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Wow...

In an attempt at sanity....I am wondering why the team seems to be so careless in dealing with this injury. When you are paying a guy this much money, wouldn't you insist on having a thorough examination, testing, and, if necessary, treatment, at any sign of an injury? Why would they let the injury linger all year without proper care, especially since he has been struggling so badly? I really just don't understand the way they have dealt with this situation all season.
<!--quoteo(post=60750:date=Aug 30 2009, 12:46 PM:name=dk123)-->QUOTE (dk123 @ Aug 30 2009, 12:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=60744:date=Aug 30 2009, 11:09 AM:name=Coldneck)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coldneck @ Aug 30 2009, 11:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The Cubs are a much better team with Soriano on the bench an Fox in LF. I hope Soriano's knee injury leads to amputation.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Wow...

In an attempt at sanity....I am wondering why the team seems to be so careless in dealing with this injury. When you are paying a guy this much money, wouldn't you insist on having a thorough examination, testing, and, if necessary, treatment, at any sign of an injury? Why would they let the injury linger all year without proper care, especially since he has been struggling so badly? I really just don't understand the way they have dealt with this situation all season.

Maybe he's not really hurt. Maybe he is faking an injury to help explain why he sucks so bad. That is doubtful, but I don't think the knee issue alone explains his light hitting. Perhaps he's really 47 years old.
<!--quoteo(post=60753:date=Aug 30 2009, 11:58 AM:name=Coldneck)-->QUOTE (Coldneck @ Aug 30 2009, 11:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Perhaps he's really 47 years old.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Probably.
Getting surgery, should've been done weeks ago. It's visibly a major problem. Anyway, I'm glad they finally decided on this, it looks like it's bad enough where just resting isn't going to fix it. It's about getting him right for the long haul, as we have him for 30 more years.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=61901:date=Sep 5 2009, 12:02 AM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Sep 5 2009, 12:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Getting surgery, should've been done weeks ago. It's visibly a major problem. Anyway, I'm glad they finally decided on this, it looks like it's bad enough where just resting isn't going to fix it. It's about getting him right for the long haul, as we have him for 30 more years.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Fly ball to left field, Soriano under it... he hops ... but he loses his grip on his walker! OH no! Soriano is down, and the ball falls in for extra bases. And Soriano looks like he might be having trouble with that hip replacement he received last year.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.