Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soriano is awful
Lou is not really the big decision. It's Hendry. Easiest thing for Rickets to do, is give Hendry one more year.
I like you guys a lot.
I guess there are rumors that Rickets wants to bring in Sandy Alderson and is in love with the way the Red Sox run their organization and wants to model the Cubs after them.
<!--quoteo(post=59785:date=Aug 24 2009, 06:29 PM:name=stevestonescigar)-->QUOTE (stevestonescigar @ Aug 24 2009, 06:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I guess there are rumors that Rickets wants to bring in Sandy Alderson and is in love with the way the Red Sox run their organization and wants to model the Cubs after them.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
That would be amazing.
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
<!--quoteo(post=59785:date=Aug 24 2009, 06:29 PM:name=stevestonescigar)-->QUOTE (stevestonescigar @ Aug 24 2009, 06:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I guess there are rumors that Rickets wants to bring in Sandy Alderson and is in love with the way the Red Sox run their organization and wants to model the Cubs after them.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Where did that come from?

And, seriously, this would be a dream come true.
<!--quoteo(post=59787:date=Aug 24 2009, 06:38 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Aug 24 2009, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=59785:date=Aug 24 2009, 06:29 PM:name=stevestonescigar)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (stevestonescigar @ Aug 24 2009, 06:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I guess there are rumors that Rickets wants to bring in Sandy Alderson and is in love with the way the Red Sox run their organization and wants to model the Cubs after them.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Where did that come from?

And, seriously, this would be a dream come true.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

They were talking about it a little bit on the Boers and Bernstein show this afternoon. Boers acted like he knew this for a fact.
Please, oh please let Boers be right for the first time in his life...
I'd always been a HUGE Lou guy, but he's managed the team TERRIBLY all year. Fuck him. He's seriously lost us 2 or 3 games with his in-game decisions. There's one or two every fucking game. He manages the bullpen like his name is Ronny Cedeno, has a lefty-righty crazed obsession(yes every manager gets carried away with this, but not most like he does), he thinks in the 9th inning he should lead off with Aaron Miles because he looks like the little leadoff type when in fact he's always had an awful on-base percentage, he chooses to go with Theriot in the leadoff spot for the same reason when Theriot's not getting on base at a high rate either... I could go on and on like Peter North. It's been brutal. I've always loved his fire for this group and all that junk, don't feel different about that. But his decision-making blows that shit out of the water right now. He's done. It's Alan Trammell or Ryne Sandberg time. Fuck all these old farts.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=59800:date=Aug 24 2009, 05:25 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Aug 24 2009, 05:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'd always been a HUGE Lou guy, but he's managed the team TERRIBLY all year. Fuck him. He's seriously lost us 2 or 3 games with his in-game decisions. There's one or two every fucking game. He manages the bullpen like his name is Ronny Cedeno, has a lefty-righty crazed obsession(yes every manager gets carried away with this, but not most like he does), he thinks in the 9th inning he should lead off with Aaron Miles because he looks like the little leadoff type when in fact he's always had an awful on-base percentage, he chooses to go with Theriot in the leadoff spot for the same reason when Theriot's not getting on base at a high rate either... I could go on and on like Peter North. It's been brutal. I've always loved his fire for this group and all that junk, don't feel different about that. But his decision-making blows that shit out of the water right now. He's done. It's Alan Trammell or Ryne Sandberg time. Fuck all these old farts.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Perfectly said.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
Why does you guys think Sandberg or Trammell are the answer? I'm not saying there not, I just don't know.
<!--quoteo(post=59804:date=Aug 24 2009, 06:42 PM:name=Coldneck)-->QUOTE (Coldneck @ Aug 24 2009, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Why does you guys think Sandberg or Trammell are the answer? I'm not saying there not, I just don't know.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
From everything I've seen from both of them as baseball people and from their sensational careers. I'm always extremely impressed with any interview I see of Trammell. He's a very good speaker and I'm convinced he knows the game better than anybody in our dugout. He and Ryno totally get it. Who knows how they handle the players, but you don't know until they get that chance. And it seems like Lou's lost this bunch anyway.
@TheBlogfines
Lou Piniella makes $4 million a year to manage the Cubs.

For that kind of money, there shouldn't even be a question as to whether he's the right guy. Since there's a question, he's clearly not.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo(post=59808:date=Aug 24 2009, 09:08 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Aug 24 2009, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Lou Piniella makes $4 million a year to manage the Cubs.

For that kind of money, there shouldn't even be a question as to whether he's the right guy. Since there's a question, he's clearly not.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
That really makes no sense.
This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
I'll keep saying it. An ex-Cub needs to manage this team. The last two big name managers were a little shocked when they first came to the Cubs. It's a completely unique environment. Pressure from the media, fans, the unbearable weight of history, expectations, etc. Ryno, Girardi, even Jody Davis down the road after he gets some more experience. Ryno is my top choice right now.
And may I say that when Lou is gone, I'll look back well on him overall. I mean being the manager for 2 straight division champs with this franchise is an impressive feat. I like the guy and he cracks me up sometimes, I just don't want him managing my team anymore.

Somebody said how it wouldn't matter who is managing this bunch and they're right. He hasn't helped the cause though.
@TheBlogfines
Everything I have read about Ryno suggest that he is a old school type manger. Juts throwing that out there.