Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soriano is awful
<!--quoteo(post=56267:date=Aug 7 2009, 11:21 AM:name=Coldneck)-->QUOTE (Coldneck @ Aug 7 2009, 11:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->cubbieblue, i'd also like to say you are more than welcome here. i just don't really care about your blog. feel free to put a link in your sig and let people take a look at in their own time. but I really don't appreciate being lied to so you can continue to pimp said blog. stick around. post your thoughts. point out my irrational behavior. hell, you might even learn something.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thanks. And don't worry, it won't even be in my sig. As I said above I think I now prefer to keep it to ourselves. Apparently you have to be together and buzzed to enjoy it, lol.
Honestly, you think that chart shows something? You really do? That fucking chart says Milton Bradley is a worse defender than Soriano. Also, thanks for the link to the glossary, the glossary that describes in detail how fucking dumb a majority of the statistics being used are.
<!--quoteo(post=56273:date=Aug 7 2009, 11:45 AM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Aug 7 2009, 11:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Honestly, you think that chart shows something? You really do? That fucking chart says Milton Bradley is a worse defender than Soriano. Also, thanks for the link to the glossary, the glossary that describes in detail how fucking dumb a majority of the statistics being used are.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Did cubbiebluie sleep with your mom?
<!--quoteo(post=56274:date=Aug 7 2009, 11:53 AM:name=The Dude)-->QUOTE (The Dude @ Aug 7 2009, 11:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=56273:date=Aug 7 2009, 11:45 AM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Aug 7 2009, 11:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Honestly, you think that chart shows something? You really do? That fucking chart says Milton Bradley is a worse defender than Soriano. Also, thanks for the link to the glossary, the glossary that describes in detail how fucking dumb a majority of the statistics being used are.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Did cubbiebluie sleep with your mom?
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
No, but via a metric containing UZR, WARP, VORP, and BABIP, he somehow concluded that he slpet with my dad.
That's only because <b>WARP </b>stands for <b>W</b>homping the <b>A</b>nus of <b>R</b>uby's <b>P</b>op.
One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer

<!--quoteo(post=56279:date=Aug 7 2009, 12:34 PM:name=VanSlawAndCottoCheese)-->QUOTE (VanSlawAndCottoCheese @ Aug 7 2009, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->That's only because <b>WARP </b>stands for <b>W</b>homping the <b>A</b>nus of <b>R</b>uby's <b>P</b>op.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Son . . . of . . . a . . . bitch . . . it all makes sense now.
<!--quoteo(post=56273:date=Aug 7 2009, 11:45 AM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Aug 7 2009, 11:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Honestly, you think that chart shows something? You really do? That fucking chart says Milton Bradley is a worse defender than Soriano. Also, thanks for the link to the glossary, the glossary that describes in detail how fucking dumb a majority of the statistics being used are.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

see to me, that was awesome. the whole thing was just about to die and ruby comes back firing. that cracked my shit up.

now, back to the fucking liar.....
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=56279:date=Aug 7 2009, 12:34 PM:name=VanSlawAndCottoCheese)-->QUOTE (VanSlawAndCottoCheese @ Aug 7 2009, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->That's only because <b>WARP </b>stands for <b>W</b>homping the <b>A</b>nus of <b>R</b>uby's <b>P</b>op.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

i don't need that emoticon, i really did just spit my drink.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=56209:date=Aug 6 2009, 10:53 PM:name=cubbieblue)-->QUOTE (cubbieblue @ Aug 6 2009, 10:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=56207:date=Aug 6 2009, 09:49 PM:name=jstraw)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jstraw @ Aug 6 2009, 09:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=56205:date=Aug 6 2009, 10:45 PM:name=cubbieblue)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cubbieblue @ Aug 6 2009, 10:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=56202:date=Aug 6 2009, 09:43 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Aug 6 2009, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->What does this mean? I've read it over 5 times, and I still can't make sense of it.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->the Cubs are paying almost $39.5 million to players who have lost the Cubs 2 more games than a team of minimum wage replacements players theoretically would.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Uhm, yes, the article really hasn't been proofread it appears. It has some spelling, grammatical errors. But I don't see anything wrong with that sentence. Or do you just not understand WAR?

Is "theoretically" anything like "hypothetically?"

What is "WAR?"

I'm guessing the fact that you don't know what WAR is it why it makes no sense. WAR is wins above replacement. It's the amount of wins a player provides a team over a replacement player. A replacement player is about equal to a minor league player any team could find to replace any given player (or something like that). It's not a stat he made up. It's used fairly often in the new era statistics.
That's VORP or WARP you jackass.
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
Yeah, I always knew about VORP, not WAR. It just sounds lame.
WAR is hell.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=56269:date=Aug 7 2009, 11:25 AM:name=jstraw)-->QUOTE (jstraw @ Aug 7 2009, 11:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Is there a statistic that calculates the distance between "I was wondering how long it would take for you to bring that back up" and "I'm sorry?"<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rollin.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rollin.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rollin.gif[/img]
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/bow.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/spit.gif[/img]

- Butcher
<!--quoteo(post=56234:date=Aug 7 2009, 08:52 AM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Aug 7 2009, 08:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=56230:date=Aug 7 2009, 07:26 AM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ Aug 7 2009, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Ruby - I didn't know you thought there were any good Cubs blogs out there. Which ones do you like (serious question, not bait)?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I don't frequently read any of them, honestly. BCB can be good, yours is generally good, there's probably some others. They can all be hit or miss though, depending on the day.

Thanks Rubes. I'll take that.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
Soriano Splits (Cubs Record in parenthesis)
April: .284/.364/.591 (10-11)
May: .216/.261/.396 (15-13)
June: .198/.274/.311 (11-14)
July: .345/.409/.583 (18-9)
August: .147/.205/.244 (4-6)

Total: .247/.309/.437

So far, Soriano has earned $947,000 per home run..