Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soriano is awful
<!--quoteo(post=47508:date=Jul 1 2009, 01:29 PM:name=The Dude)-->QUOTE (The Dude @ Jul 1 2009, 01:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=47472:date=Jul 1 2009, 01:33 PM:name=Destined)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Destined @ Jul 1 2009, 01:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=47467:date=Jul 1 2009, 11:24 AM:name=vitaminB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vitaminB @ Jul 1 2009, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=47423:date=Jul 1 2009, 11:14 AM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Jul 1 2009, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->i'm on record as having preferred we signed carlos lee instead of soriano. i was glad we signed him, but i really wanted lee. a big time run producer, thrives at wrigley, kills the cubs, and for half the money.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm also on record. Look it up. As wanting <b>El Cabio.</b> Lee > Ramirez > Lee would have been a thing of beauty. I never saw the value of Soriano. Hits a lot of solo homeruns, will steal bases when it will get him paid, and can't play defense.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
The lintel????

I thought he meant El Casio. Can you imagine having a G-Shock in the middle of that lineup!?!?!
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/spit.gif[/img]
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
Fuld is playing for Sori tonight.
<!--quoteo(post=47433:date=Jul 1 2009, 10:46 AM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Jul 1 2009, 10:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Soriano is hurt.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yep. That's why he's taking so many feeble swings the last month and a half.
The thing you need to remember is that all Cardinals fans and all White Sox fans are very bad people. It's a fact that has been scientifically proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Being a Cubs fan is the only path to rightousness and piousness. Cardinal and White Sox fans exist to be the dark, diabolical forces that oppose us. They are the yin to our yang, the Joker to our Batman, the demon to our angel, the insurgence to our freedom, the oil to our water, the club to our baby seal. Their happiness occurs only in direct conflict with everything that is pure and good in this world.
-Dirk
Still awful. What a terrible one dimensional baseball player this fuckhead is. He's not even good at his one dimension anymore either.
Soriano is what he is, but we aren't going anywhere without him.
I'd rather have Pedro Cerrano instead.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
He's a dumb fucking baseball player. So infuriating that I have to watch this asshole for 6 more years.
<!--quoteo(post=55963:date=Aug 5 2009, 08:11 PM:name=Coldneck)-->QUOTE (Coldneck @ Aug 5 2009, 08:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Still awful. What a terrible one dimensional baseball player this fuckhead is. He's not even good at his one dimension anymore either.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
He was sure terrible in July! .345/.409/.583
[Image: 2hz4sk2.jpg]
Soriano isn't the only player performing. This is the last paragraph of my friend's latest blog entry.

"Heilman and Gregg are being paid nearly $6 million and they are producing worse than someone the Cubs could find at AAA. Not to mention they are paying Gaudin, Vizcaino, and Cotts $5.4 million dollars to not pitch At least they aren’t hurting the team though. Combine that with the $23 million from Soriano and Bradley, the $2.2 miles is being paid to suck, and money from a few other players the Cubs are paying to not play for them, the Cubs are paying almost $39.5 million to players who have lost the Cubs 2 more games than a team of minimum wage replacements players theoretically would. That is more than the Marlins, Pirates, and Padres complete team salaries. And we wonder why this team can’t win with a $140 million dollar payroll."

You can see more of the data here:

http://onebadcentury.com/?p=57
<!--quoteo(post=56196:date=Aug 6 2009, 09:20 PM:name=cubbieblue)-->QUOTE (cubbieblue @ Aug 6 2009, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Soriano isn't the only player performing. This is the last paragraph of my friend's latest blog entry.

"Heilman and Gregg are being paid nearly $6 million and they are producing worse than someone the Cubs could find at AAA. Not to mention they are paying Gaudin, Vizcaino, and Cotts $5.4 million dollars to not pitch At least they aren't hurting the team though. Combine that with the $23 million from Soriano and Bradley, the $2.2 miles is being paid to suck, and money from a few other players the Cubs are paying to not play for them, the Cubs are paying almost $39.5 million to players who have lost the Cubs 2 more games than a team of minimum wage replacements players theoretically would. That is more than the Marlins, Pirates, and Padres complete team salaries. And we wonder why this team can't win with a $140 million dollar payroll."

http://onebadcentury.com/?p=57<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yep, what a shitty team. No wonder they're in first place.
Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them.
<!--quoteo(post=56196:date=Aug 6 2009, 10:20 PM:name=cubbieblue)-->QUOTE (cubbieblue @ Aug 6 2009, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Soriano isn't the only player performing. This is the last paragraph of my friend's latest blog entry.

"Heilman and Gregg are being paid nearly $6 million and they are producing worse than someone the Cubs could find at AAA. Not to mention they are paying Gaudin, Vizcaino, and Cotts $5.4 million dollars to not pitch At least they aren’t hurting the team though. Combine that with the $23 million from Soriano and Bradley, the $2.2 miles is being paid to suck, and money from a few other players the Cubs are paying to not play for them, the Cubs are paying almost $39.5 million to players who have lost the Cubs 2 more games than a team of minimum wage replacements players theoretically would. That is more than the Marlins, Pirates, and Padres complete team salaries. And we wonder why this team can’t win with a $140 million dollar payroll."

http://onebadcentury.com/?p=57<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

How old is your friend with the blog? Is English his first language? That's a mess, not a paragraph.
Yikes, your "friend" is spending way too much time making blog posts that are poorly written, factually faulty, and completely convoluted.
What does this mean? I've read it over 5 times, and I still can't make sense of it.
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->the Cubs are paying almost $39.5 million to players who have lost the Cubs 2 more games than a team of minimum wage replacements players theoretically would.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--quoteo(post=56202:date=Aug 6 2009, 09:43 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Aug 6 2009, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->What does this mean? I've read it over 5 times, and I still can't make sense of it.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->the Cubs are paying almost $39.5 million to players who have lost the Cubs 2 more games than a team of minimum wage replacements players theoretically would.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Uhm, yes, the article really hasn't been proofread it appears. It has some spelling, grammatical errors. But I don't see anything wrong with that sentence. Or do you just not understand WAR?
<!--quoteo(post=56205:date=Aug 6 2009, 10:45 PM:name=cubbieblue)-->QUOTE (cubbieblue @ Aug 6 2009, 10:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=56202:date=Aug 6 2009, 09:43 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Aug 6 2009, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->What does this mean? I've read it over 5 times, and I still can't make sense of it.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->the Cubs are paying almost $39.5 million to players who have lost the Cubs 2 more games than a team of minimum wage replacements players theoretically would.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Uhm, yes, the article really hasn't been proofread it appears. It has some spelling, grammatical errors. But I don't see anything wrong with that sentence. Or do you just not understand WAR?
Dude, seriously, the sentence makes zero sense in the real world. Don't talk down to me.