Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soriano is awful
I second what Legend said.
<!--quoteo(post=42793:date=Jun 7 2009, 05:27 PM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Jun 7 2009, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->i hated soriano today and then i loved him. he's like my wife, only he scores more often.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

LOL!!!
<!--QuoteBegin-"Rob Neyer Chat"+-->QUOTE ("Rob Neyer Chat")<!--QuoteEBegin-->Dan (Washington, DC)
The Nats were roasted by the media -- especially one of your colleagues -- for not trading or signing Soriano. As a result they netted Jordan Zimmermann. In hind sight -- not trading or signing Soriano looks like the right move?

Rob Neyer
(12:40 PM)
The Rangers are looking good for trading Soriano, the Nationals are looking good for letting him go, and the Cubs are looking really, really dumb for giving him that huge contract.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--quoteo(post=47416:date=Jul 1 2009, 09:45 AM:name=Coach)-->QUOTE (Coach @ Jul 1 2009, 09:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--QuoteBegin-"Rob Neyer Chat"+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE ("Rob Neyer Chat")<!--QuoteEBegin-->Dan (Washington, DC)
The Nats were roasted by the media -- especially one of your colleagues -- for not trading or signing Soriano. As a result they netted Jordan Zimmermann. In hind sight -- not trading or signing Soriano looks like the right move?

Rob Neyer
(12:40 PM)
The Rangers are looking good for trading Soriano, the Nationals are looking good for letting him go, and the Cubs are looking really, really dumb for giving him that huge contract.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I bring this up because I was all for the Cubs finally signing the best available FA (after missing out on guys like Hampton and Beltran.) I am not afraid to admit now that I was dead wrong on this one.
Hindsight is 20/20, especially for national sportswriters. I bet Neyer was offering to give Soriano a happy ending when this initially happened...
I think the vast majority of the people on this board liked Soriano coming to the team, but hated the contract. I know I wrote off the last 3 years of the deal immediately as being a total waste. I wasn't expecting to write off the last 6. Now we get the joy of seeing Alfy decline for 5 more years after this one to the tune of $18M per.
i'm on record as having preferred we signed carlos lee instead of soriano. i was glad we signed him, but i really wanted lee. a big time run producer, thrives at wrigley, kills the cubs, and for half the money.
Wang.
Soriano is hurt.
<!--quoteo(post=47433:date=Jul 1 2009, 10:46 AM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Jul 1 2009, 10:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Soriano is hurt.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Most likely. He still doesn't look right running the bases.
<!--quoteo(post=47434:date=Jul 1 2009, 11:54 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jul 1 2009, 11:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=47433:date=Jul 1 2009, 10:46 AM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Jul 1 2009, 10:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Soriano is hurt.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Most likely. He still doesn't look right running the bases.

Soriano has never looked right running the bases. He looks like a deer.
Lou needs to swallow his pride and bench Soriano. I don't care if Sori gets upset - he's hitting worse than Bradley right now, and plus he's the leadoff guy.
<!--quoteo(post=47423:date=Jul 1 2009, 11:14 AM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Jul 1 2009, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->i'm on record as having preferred we signed carlos lee instead of soriano. i was glad we signed him, but i really wanted lee. a big time run producer, thrives at wrigley, kills the cubs, and for half the money.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm also on record. Look it up. As wanting El Cabio. Lee > Ramirez > Lee would have been a thing of beauty. I never saw the value of Soriano. Hits a lot of solo homeruns, will steal bases when it will get him paid, and can't play defense.
<!--quoteo(post=47467:date=Jul 1 2009, 11:24 AM:name=vitaminB)-->QUOTE (vitaminB @ Jul 1 2009, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=47423:date=Jul 1 2009, 11:14 AM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Jul 1 2009, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->i'm on record as having preferred we signed carlos lee instead of soriano. i was glad we signed him, but i really wanted lee. a big time run producer, thrives at wrigley, kills the cubs, and for half the money.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm also on record. Look it up. As wanting <b>El Cabio.</b> Lee > Ramirez > Lee would have been a thing of beauty. I never saw the value of Soriano. Hits a lot of solo homeruns, will steal bases when it will get him paid, and can't play defense.
The lintel????
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
<!--quoteo(post=47472:date=Jul 1 2009, 02:33 PM:name=Destined)-->QUOTE (Destined @ Jul 1 2009, 02:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=47467:date=Jul 1 2009, 11:24 AM:name=vitaminB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vitaminB @ Jul 1 2009, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=47423:date=Jul 1 2009, 11:14 AM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Jul 1 2009, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->i'm on record as having preferred we signed carlos lee instead of soriano. i was glad we signed him, but i really wanted lee. a big time run producer, thrives at wrigley, kills the cubs, and for half the money.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm also on record. Look it up. As wanting <b>El Cabio.</b> Lee > Ramirez > Lee would have been a thing of beauty. I never saw the value of Soriano. Hits a lot of solo homeruns, will steal bases when it will get him paid, and can't play defense.
The lintel????

I thought it meant The Chubby Run Producer. Oh well, I need to dust off my Roseta Stone.
<!--quoteo(post=47472:date=Jul 1 2009, 01:33 PM:name=Destined)-->QUOTE (Destined @ Jul 1 2009, 01:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=47467:date=Jul 1 2009, 11:24 AM:name=vitaminB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vitaminB @ Jul 1 2009, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=47423:date=Jul 1 2009, 11:14 AM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Jul 1 2009, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->i'm on record as having preferred we signed carlos lee instead of soriano. i was glad we signed him, but i really wanted lee. a big time run producer, thrives at wrigley, kills the cubs, and for half the money.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The lintel????

I thought he meant El Casio. Can you imagine having a G-Shock in the middle of that lineup!?!?!