Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Miles activated, Fox down
As of late Tuesday night, Muskat says that Fox will be headed back to Iowa. I figured it would be Scales since Fox is performing at least offensively (hitting .417).

In Iowa on Monday night, Miles played at 3B and went 0-5, with 3 strikeouts, one of them with the bases loaded [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]
<!--quoteo(post=43398:date=Jun 10 2009, 01:47 AM:name=jeffy)-->QUOTE (jeffy @ Jun 10 2009, 01:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->As of late Tuesday night, Muskat says that Fox will be headed back to Iowa. I figured it would be Scales since Fox is performing at least offensively (hitting .417).

In Iowa on Monday night, Miles played at 3B and went 0-5, with 3 strikeouts, one of them with the bases loaded [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Fox will replace Scales or Blanco for the AL trip I would imagine. He just isn't that valuable to the team right now.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
<!--quoteo(post=43400:date=Jun 10 2009, 05:32 AM:name=Destined)-->QUOTE (Destined @ Jun 10 2009, 05:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=43398:date=Jun 10 2009, 01:47 AM:name=jeffy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jeffy @ Jun 10 2009, 01:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->As of late Tuesday night, Muskat says that Fox will be headed back to Iowa. I figured it would be Scales since Fox is performing at least offensively (hitting .417).

In Iowa on Monday night, Miles played at 3B and went 0-5, with 3 strikeouts, one of them with the bases loaded [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Fox will replace Scales or Blanco for the AL trip I would imagine. He just isn't that valuable to the team right now.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That was my thought, too.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
I've been very impressed with Blanco's defense and surprised at his approach at the plate. He's much better than I thought he would be. I hope he still gets the majority of the playing time when Miles is called up. He is basically a younger and much better defensive version of Miles, which makes Miles' signing even dumber.
<!--quoteo(post=43400:date=Jun 10 2009, 03:32 AM:name=Destined)-->QUOTE (Destined @ Jun 10 2009, 03:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=43398:date=Jun 10 2009, 01:47 AM:name=jeffy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jeffy @ Jun 10 2009, 01:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->As of late Tuesday night, Muskat says that Fox will be headed back to Iowa. I figured it would be Scales since Fox is performing at least offensively (hitting .417).

The AL games start Friday. Seems kind of strange to send Fox down if they're just going to call him back up again in a couple days. I figured they'd just send Scales down now since he's not all that valuable right now either, except that he can play 3B, but Fontenot is hitting nicely at the moment and should be getting the starts at 3B.
I honestly forgot Miles was on the team.
<!--quoteo(post=43426:date=Jun 10 2009, 08:18 AM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jun 10 2009, 08:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I honestly forgot Miles was on the team.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

What a pleasant surprise, eh?
Getting Miles back will be like trading for an expensive 25th man.
<!--quoteo(post=43424:date=Jun 10 2009, 10:16 AM:name=jeffy)-->QUOTE (jeffy @ Jun 10 2009, 10:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=43400:date=Jun 10 2009, 03:32 AM:name=Destined)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Destined @ Jun 10 2009, 03:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=43398:date=Jun 10 2009, 01:47 AM:name=jeffy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jeffy @ Jun 10 2009, 01:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->As of late Tuesday night, Muskat says that Fox will be headed back to Iowa. I figured it would be Scales since Fox is performing at least offensively (hitting .417).

The AL games start Friday. Seems kind of strange to send Fox down if they're just going to call him back up again in a couple days. I figured they'd just send Scales down now since he's not all that valuable right now either, except that he can play 3B, but Fontenot is hitting nicely at the moment and should be getting the starts at 3B.

They probably wanted to get him some consistent ABs before Friday.
<!--quoteo(post=43434:date=Jun 10 2009, 08:32 AM:name=Coldneck)-->QUOTE (Coldneck @ Jun 10 2009, 08:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=43424:date=Jun 10 2009, 10:16 AM:name=jeffy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jeffy @ Jun 10 2009, 10:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=43400:date=Jun 10 2009, 03:32 AM:name=Destined)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Destined @ Jun 10 2009, 03:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=43398:date=Jun 10 2009, 01:47 AM:name=jeffy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jeffy @ Jun 10 2009, 01:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->As of late Tuesday night, Muskat says that Fox will be headed back to Iowa. I figured it would be Scales since Fox is performing at least offensively (hitting .417).

I thought of that right after I posted. Makes sense [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
And don't we need to make another roster move soon when Harden comes back this weekend? Probably no sense in keeping an extra reliever at that point too.
<!--quoteo(post=43436:date=Jun 10 2009, 10:36 AM:name=jeffy)-->QUOTE (jeffy @ Jun 10 2009, 10:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=43434:date=Jun 10 2009, 08:32 AM:name=Coldneck)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coldneck @ Jun 10 2009, 08:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=43424:date=Jun 10 2009, 10:16 AM:name=jeffy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jeffy @ Jun 10 2009, 10:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=43400:date=Jun 10 2009, 03:32 AM:name=Destined)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Destined @ Jun 10 2009, 03:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=43398:date=Jun 10 2009, 01:47 AM:name=jeffy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jeffy @ Jun 10 2009, 01:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->As of late Tuesday night, Muskat says that Fox will be headed back to Iowa. I figured it would be Scales since Fox is performing at least offensively (hitting .417).

I thought of that right after I posted. Makes sense [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
A. Unless a position player goes on the DL, Fox cannot be recalled for 10 days.

B. I think the AL games that were referred to were the AL road games when we'll need a DH. Those games don't start until June 23.
This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
i'm anxious to see what a healthy miles can do!!!!!!
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=43444:date=Jun 10 2009, 08:54 AM:name=Kid)-->QUOTE (Kid @ Jun 10 2009, 08:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=43436:date=Jun 10 2009, 10:36 AM:name=jeffy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jeffy @ Jun 10 2009, 10:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=43434:date=Jun 10 2009, 08:32 AM:name=Coldneck)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coldneck @ Jun 10 2009, 08:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=43424:date=Jun 10 2009, 10:16 AM:name=jeffy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jeffy @ Jun 10 2009, 10:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=43400:date=Jun 10 2009, 03:32 AM:name=Destined)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Destined @ Jun 10 2009, 03:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=43398:date=Jun 10 2009, 01:47 AM:name=jeffy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jeffy @ Jun 10 2009, 01:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->As of late Tuesday night, Muskat says that Fox will be headed back to Iowa. I figured it would be Scales since Fox is performing at least offensively (hitting .417).

A. Unless a position player goes on the DL, Fox cannot be recalled for 10 days.

B. I think the AL games that were referred to were the AL road games when we'll need a DH. Those games don't start until June 23.

Ahh, that makes even more sense. My brain is sloshed today. Running on 5 hours of sleep doesn't suit me well [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
Did Miles play better with our without the goatee?