Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get derosa back at all costs
There have been rumors that Baltimore may be dealing Ty Wigginton by the break. Since I don't think Hendry will go anywhere near DeRosa again, he may be a good option for us. He is pretty much a DeRosa clone, plays a ton of positions and is coming off 3 great years in a row. Doesn't make a ton of money either, only 500K more than Miles this year.
<!--quoteo(post=45764:date=Jun 23 2009, 10:58 AM:name=Fella)-->QUOTE (Fella @ Jun 23 2009, 10:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->There have been rumors that Baltimore may be dealing Ty Wigginton by the break. Since I don't think Hendry will go anywhere near DeRosa again, he may be a good option for us. He is pretty much a DeRosa clone, plays a ton of positions and is coming off 3 great years in a row. Doesn't make a ton of money either, only 500K more than Miles this year.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Plus, Hendry loves him some Baltimore.
<!--quoteo(post=45784:date=Jun 23 2009, 02:27 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jun 23 2009, 02:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=45764:date=Jun 23 2009, 10:58 AM:name=Fella)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fella @ Jun 23 2009, 10:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->There have been rumors that Baltimore may be dealing Ty Wigginton by the break. Since I don't think Hendry will go anywhere near DeRosa again, he may be a good option for us. He is pretty much a DeRosa clone, plays a ton of positions and is coming off 3 great years in a row. Doesn't make a ton of money either, only 500K more than Miles this year.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Plus, Hendry loves him some Baltimore.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
And MacPhail loves his old prospects.
Damn, I was a little thrown off by Wigginton's crappy slow start (.253/.293/.385), but he's hitting .393/.452/.607 so far in June. He would be a great fit, and probably wouldn't cost us much.
i'm in. where do we sign?
Wang.
I saw we give them Kevin Hart and let them keep the shitastic "player to be named" that we are owed for Dick Hill.
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->CUBS IN BRIEF: DeRosa is indeed on team's radar

June 27, 2009
BY GORDON WITTENMYER gwittenmyer@suntimes.com

No, the Cubs aren't looking to replace Milton Bradley -- not yet. But sources confirmed Friday that the team had conversations with the Cleveland Indians about Mark DeRosa earlier this month when the Indians were shopping the versatile ex-Cub.

Baseball insiders expect DeRosa to be traded by the July 31 non-waiver deadline, and the Cubs could find themselves in position to reacquire him depending on the asking price and ownership's willingness to take on about $2 million in salary.

The January trade of DeRosa to the Indians for three pitching prospects has been a lightning rod for Cubs fans most of the season -- especially since third baseman Aramis Ramirez injured his shoulder May 8.

How well Ramirez performs when he returns from the disabled list, possibly before the All-Star break, could be the decisive factor in how hard the Cubs go after DeRosa, who was the team's only legitimate backup third baseman until he was traded<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Link
<!--quoteo(post=45231:date=Jun 19 2009, 03:12 PM:name=Destined)-->QUOTE (Destined @ Jun 19 2009, 03:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->We get DeRo, and we win the World Series. Plain and simple. Salmon will stop swimming upstream, and global warming will cease.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Aren't we supposed to be wrapping up that 9 game winning streak right now too?
Best case scenario, this could work out for us in the same way it did when Kenny Williams dealt from Carl Everett 58 times in the span of 3 seasons. WS, here we come.