Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Samuel Fuld
<!--quoteo(post=47618:date=Jul 2 2009, 08:59 AM:name=Coldneck)-->QUOTE (Coldneck @ Jul 2 2009, 08:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I think I've seen him play one game and have no idea if he's any good or should stay with the team. I do know that Soriano is completely wrong for this team. Or maybe it's that this team uses Soriano completely wrong. Having a sub .300 OBP in the leadoff spot is very Dusty like.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I think Soriano, regardless of where he has been used all season, would have roughly the same numbers as he has right now. He's just terrible right now, irrespective of role or position in the batting order.
<!--quoteo(post=47623:date=Jul 2 2009, 10:29 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jul 2 2009, 10:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=47618:date=Jul 2 2009, 08:59 AM:name=Coldneck)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coldneck @ Jul 2 2009, 08:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I think I've seen him play one game and have no idea if he's any good or should stay with the team. I do know that Soriano is completely wrong for this team. Or maybe it's that this team uses Soriano completely wrong. Having a sub .300 OBP in the leadoff spot is very Dusty like.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I think Soriano, regardless of where he has been used all season, would have roughly the same numbers as he has right now. He's just terrible right now, irrespective of role or position in the batting order.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I agree, but his numbers wouldn't hurt us as much if he was batting 7th or 8th..., or even 5th.
Fuld is our secret weapon.
Tonight's game was Exhibit A:

Lou, this is what happens when Alf isn't continually making outs in front of the 3 and 4 hitters.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
And it's refreshing to have someone leading off who actually works the count.
<!--quoteo(post=47775:date=Jul 2 2009, 10:39 PM:name=jeffy)-->QUOTE (jeffy @ Jul 2 2009, 10:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->And it's refreshing to have someone leading off who actually works the count.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Soriano's back in the lineup today, so it's now a distant memory.
<!--quoteo(post=47810:date=Jul 3 2009, 12:17 PM:name=Gracie)-->QUOTE (Gracie @ Jul 3 2009, 12:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=47775:date=Jul 2 2009, 10:39 PM:name=jeffy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jeffy @ Jul 2 2009, 10:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->And it's refreshing to have someone leading off who actually works the count.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Soriano's back in the lineup today, so it's now a distant memory.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
It would be nice to move Fuld to CF and lead him off with Soriano in LF and batting 5th or 6th just to see what happens. How much worse could he hit?
We miss him.
Dunno why, but Fuld reminds me of Doug Dascenzo. Must be the nondescript defensive-replacement CF thing he's got goin'.
One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer

<!--quoteo(post=51297:date=Jul 22 2009, 06:01 PM:name=VanSlawAndCottoCheese)-->QUOTE (VanSlawAndCottoCheese @ Jul 22 2009, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Dunno why, but Fuld reminds me of Doug Dascenzo. Must be the nondescript defensive-replacement CF thing he's got goin'.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
That and an OPB of .455