Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Samuel Fuld
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Aaron Miles will be placed on the 15-day disabled list Monday with a hyper-extended right elbow.

Miles has already missed a handful of games and wasn't making enough progress physically to warrant an active spot on the roster. 27-year-old outfielder Sam Fuld will be called up in his place. He's hitting .417 in his last 10 games at Triple-A Iowa.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Fuck me.
Well, it's not like we have much of a choice.
Where's Matt Lawton when you need him?
He is pretty much the same thing Gathright was. Good speed and defense with zero offense.
<!--quoteo(post=46993:date=Jun 29 2009, 10:39 AM:name=Fella)-->QUOTE (Fella @ Jun 29 2009, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->He is pretty much the same thing Gathright was. Good speed and defense with zero offense.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Actually, he's a much better defender than Gathwright and significantly slower. And he can take a walk. It's not the worst thing in the world that he'll be up here for a little bit.
<!--quoteo(post=47001:date=Jun 29 2009, 09:55 AM:name=Scarey)-->QUOTE (Scarey @ Jun 29 2009, 09:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=46993:date=Jun 29 2009, 10:39 AM:name=Fella)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fella @ Jun 29 2009, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->He is pretty much the same thing Gathright was. Good speed and defense with zero offense.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Actually, he's a much better defender than Gathwright and significantly slower. And he can take a walk. It's not the worst thing in the world that he'll be up here for a little bit.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

He has 20 steals in AAA and when he was up in 07 I thought he was very quick from the box to 1st base anyway. Also he obviously didn't show it in his short time here but when he came up a few years back, Gathright was considered a gold glove calibur CF.

I'm sure Fuld's 40 time wouldn't be what Gathright's is but he still has the same general advantages and disadvantages.

The fact that its not the worst thing was pretty much my point.
<!--quoteo(post=47006:date=Jun 29 2009, 11:01 AM:name=Fella)-->QUOTE (Fella @ Jun 29 2009, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=47001:date=Jun 29 2009, 09:55 AM:name=Scarey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scarey @ Jun 29 2009, 09:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=46993:date=Jun 29 2009, 10:39 AM:name=Fella)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fella @ Jun 29 2009, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->He is pretty much the same thing Gathright was. Good speed and defense with zero offense.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

He has 20 steals in AAA and when he was up in 07 I thought he was very quick from the box to 1st base anyway. Also he obviously didn't show it in his short time here but when he came up a few years back, Gathright was considered a gold glove calibur CF.

I'm sure Fuld's 40 time wouldn't be what Gathright's is but he still has the same general advantages and disadvantages.

I just reread what I typed and I didn't mean to sound so know-it-all-ish. What I meant was that's what I know about him and Gathwright. I've always heard what a great defender Fuld is and that Gathwright only had speed going for him and was a mediocre defender. But yes, not the worst thing at all.
<!--quoteo(post=47013:date=Jun 29 2009, 12:21 PM:name=Scarey)-->QUOTE (Scarey @ Jun 29 2009, 12:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=47006:date=Jun 29 2009, 11:01 AM:name=Fella)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fella @ Jun 29 2009, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=47001:date=Jun 29 2009, 09:55 AM:name=Scarey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scarey @ Jun 29 2009, 09:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=46993:date=Jun 29 2009, 10:39 AM:name=Fella)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fella @ Jun 29 2009, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->He is pretty much the same thing Gathright was. Good speed and defense with zero offense.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I just reread what I typed and I didn't mean to sound so know-it-all-ish. What I meant was that's what I know about him and Gathwright. I've always heard what a great defender Fuld is and that Gathwright only had speed going for him and was a mediocre defender. But yes, not the worst thing at all.

FWIW, I've never heard Gathright talked about as a gold glover. IIRC, he's a converted SS and known for being fast but not a good fielder. In fact, his fielding was what got him benched in KC.
<!--quoteo(post=47014:date=Jun 29 2009, 10:23 AM:name=Coldneck)-->QUOTE (Coldneck @ Jun 29 2009, 10:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=47013:date=Jun 29 2009, 12:21 PM:name=Scarey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scarey @ Jun 29 2009, 12:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=47006:date=Jun 29 2009, 11:01 AM:name=Fella)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fella @ Jun 29 2009, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=47001:date=Jun 29 2009, 09:55 AM:name=Scarey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scarey @ Jun 29 2009, 09:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=46993:date=Jun 29 2009, 10:39 AM:name=Fella)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fella @ Jun 29 2009, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->He is pretty much the same thing Gathright was. Good speed and defense with zero offense.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

FWIW, I've never heard Gathright talked about as a gold glover. IIRC, he's a converted SS and known for being fast but not a good fielder. In fact, his fielding was what got him benched in KC.

Might be, I must admit I didn't follow his KC career, but in 2004 when he came up with the Rays, Baseball America said "Gathright has blazing speed and all the tools of a future annual gold glover in center field"

Anyway, its not worth arguing about, its Fuld and Gathright. My point was, while no two players are identical, Fuld kinda brings the same things Gathright did.
Maybe Fuld will be Bradley's friend that he so desperately needs.
<!--quoteo(post=47030:date=Jun 29 2009, 12:01 PM:name=Brock)-->QUOTE (Brock @ Jun 29 2009, 12:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Maybe Fuld will be Bradley's friend that he so desperately needs.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Or maybe he will be his punching bag. If he gets injured by a flying Gatorade dispenser, no loss to us.
Maybe we could provide Bradley with his own personal midget, kind of like Pedro used to have.

Thoughts?
<!--quoteo(post=47037:date=Jun 29 2009, 12:52 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jun 29 2009, 12:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Maybe we could provide Bradley with his own personal midget, kind of like Pedro used to have.

Thoughts?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Fontenot is already taken by Z.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

So what does everyone think of sam fuld???? I like the way he plays the game hes all hustle and seems like a no nonsense sort of guy. Any chance he stays w/ the big leagues????
I think I've seen him play one game and have no idea if he's any good or should stay with the team. I do know that Soriano is completely wrong for this team. Or maybe it's that this team uses Soriano completely wrong. Having a sub .300 OBP in the leadoff spot is very Dusty like.