Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dempster to DL with a broken toe
Demp says it's about pain tolerance, but thinks it will be 3 starts.
@TheBlogfines
Kap: Excellent sources tell me that Ryan Dempster's toe injury was caused by a nail problem on his right big toe and may have contributed to him tripping on the dugout railing.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=48615:date=Jul 7 2009, 02:53 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Jul 7 2009, 02:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Kap: Excellent sources tell me that Ryan Dempster's toe injury was caused by a nail problem on his right big toe and may have contributed to him tripping on the dugout railing.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Dr. Scholls?
Plantar Vaginitis?
Fat Bastard is an immensely obese, hardly able to walk (weighing a metric ton) gardener and henchman hailing from Scotland. His extreme size endows Fat Bastard with super-human strength as exhibited by his prowess in the Sumo ring from Goldmember. This makes him a formidable enemy for Austin Powers. Fat Bastard is noted for his foul temper, his frequent flatulence, his vulgar and revolting bad manners and his unusual eating habits, which include taste for Human infants (which he calls "the other other white meat") or anything that looks like a baby, e.g. small people. Fat Bastard has been a regular at Cub games since the early 80's when he tried several times (unsuccessfully) to eat the visiting San Diego Chicken.
"Hopped up out the bed turn my swag on
Took a look in the mirror said what's up?
Yeah, I'm getting money, oh"

-Dempster after being placed on 15 day dl.
Lou doesn't want Z throwing more than 80-90 pitches tonight on 3 days rest. He also thinks Dempster's missing 3 starts is very optimistic, and thinks he's out 3-4 weeks. Well... with the All-Star break, it's not like that would be much more than 3 starts.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=48602:date=Jul 7 2009, 05:36 PM:name=savant)-->QUOTE (savant @ Jul 7 2009, 05:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Can we get the link for Clapp's game log put in the link section on the right side of the screen?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If you mean the live blog, itself - as in, showing each update to the post as it's made - I have no idea how one would do that (or if it's possible). The blog is linked.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
Sorry, I missed it somehow.
"Drink Up and Beat Off!"
-KBWSB

"Will I be looked on poorly if my religion involved punting little people?"
-Jody
<!--quoteo(post=48639:date=Jul 7 2009, 05:22 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Jul 7 2009, 05:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=48602:date=Jul 7 2009, 05:36 PM:name=savant)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (savant @ Jul 7 2009, 05:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Can we get the link for Clapp's game log put in the link section on the right side of the screen?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If you mean the live blog, itself - as in, showing each update to the post as it's made - I have no idea how one would do that (or if it's possible). The blog is linked.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
If he labeled them as Live blogs, you could do it by going to his categories, and linking the link for the "live blogs" category. Unfortunately, he doesn't label them as that.

For instance...here's the link for everything with Aramis.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
<!--quoteo(post=48657:date=Jul 8 2009, 01:19 AM:name=Destined)-->QUOTE (Destined @ Jul 8 2009, 01:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=48639:date=Jul 7 2009, 05:22 PM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ Jul 7 2009, 05:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=48602:date=Jul 7 2009, 05:36 PM:name=savant)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (savant @ Jul 7 2009, 05:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Can we get the link for Clapp's game log put in the link section on the right side of the screen?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If he labeled them as Live blogs, you could do it by going to his categories, and linking the link for the "live blogs" category. Unfortunately, he doesn't label them as that.

Well, sure. I was referring to displaying the updates of the singular post in the sidebar, as it's edited, live.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo(post=48667:date=Jul 8 2009, 06:45 AM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Jul 8 2009, 06:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=48657:date=Jul 8 2009, 01:19 AM:name=Destined)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Destined @ Jul 8 2009, 01:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=48639:date=Jul 7 2009, 05:22 PM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ Jul 7 2009, 05:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=48602:date=Jul 7 2009, 05:36 PM:name=savant)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (savant @ Jul 7 2009, 05:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Can we get the link for Clapp's game log put in the link section on the right side of the screen?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Well, sure. I was referring to displaying the updates of the singular post in the sidebar, as it's edited, live.

I have an idea about how to do it. Let me see if I can make it work before I shoot my mouth off about how easy it is though...
I can't believe he did this jumping over the dugout fence.
I don't see a specific rss feed on that site for the love blog thread. If there was one, there's a way to present that content on another site that's not too complicated.
<!--quoteo(post=48702:date=Jul 8 2009, 09:42 AM:name=funkster)-->QUOTE (funkster @ Jul 8 2009, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I can't believe he did this jumping over the dugout fence.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I can.
"If you throw at someone's head, it's very dangerous, because in the head is the brain." -- Pudge Rodriguez to AM 1270 WXYT in Detroit
The photo on the Trib site is classic. Look at the kid in the upper right. And that dude looks like Demps brother or some thing.

[Image: 47932108.jpg]