Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dempster to DL with a broken toe
I think we should just leave Marshall in the pen,and see what Hart can do in the rotation. He has dominated in Iowa since being moved back to the rotation. The bullpen is actually performing well for the first time all year I feel comfortable with the roles people appear to be pitching in leave Marshall where he is at for the time being.
"Drink Up and Beat Off!"
-KBWSB

"Will I be looked on poorly if my religion involved punting little people?"
-Jody
<!--quoteo(post=48593:date=Jul 7 2009, 04:20 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Jul 7 2009, 04:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=48591:date=Jul 7 2009, 03:17 PM:name=vitaminB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vitaminB @ Jul 7 2009, 03:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->This doesn't kill us. Dempster has sucked ever since his daughter got sick.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
He has quality starts in 6 of his last 7 starts. I wouldn't say that's sucking.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yeah. Dempster has been pitching much better lately. This hurts us.
Dempster's been fine, not great, but acceptable most of the season. It just pisses me off that we gave him that contract, and then his daughter gets sick, and now this happens.

We just need to find a SP to fill in for a while and hope that Harden doesn't turn into swiss cheese again. Call up Waddell at some point too if Marshall has to go back to the rotation.

But damn, I was feeling so upbeat after the way we've played lately and now having a healthy team again. Damn me for letting my guard down.
<!--quoteo(post=48594:date=Jul 7 2009, 03:20 PM:name=savant)-->QUOTE (savant @ Jul 7 2009, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I think we should just leave Marshall in the pen,and see what Hart can do in the rotation. He has dominated in Iowa since being moved back to the rotation. The bullpen is actually performing well for the first time all year I feel comfortable with the roles people appear to be pitching in leave Marshall where he is at for the time being.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
We'll know a lot more tomorrow I think, after seeing him pitch.

He just bugs me with his inability to throw strikes in the majors. It's never been a problem in the minors, but he's just all over the place whenever he gets the chance with us. That's not a good sign to me.

Last year...
Majors: 27 IP, 18 BB, 23 K
Minors: 57.2 IP, 20 BB, 63 K

This year...
Majors: 5.2 IP, 5 BB, 1 K
Minors: 52.1 IP, 20 BB, 57 K

Now I realize of course you're going to strike out a lot more guys down there, but those differences are pretty odd. The strike zone's the same. He has very good stuff and I think he's definitely capable of pitching in the bigs, just needs to throw the ball over the damn plate. And I hate walks.
@TheBlogfines
For the first time all year I actually feel like the offense might be able to step up on a consistent basis, this does hurt but it is not at all a catastrophe.
"Drink Up and Beat Off!"
-KBWSB

-Jody
What the hell? Wittenmyer: Demp to have xray in 2 wks. Prognosis expected then.

Edit: Oh wait I assume they mean like another x-ray to see how it looks? I mean they must've taken one to see it's broken, right?
@TheBlogfines
Can we get the link for Clapp's game log put in the link section on the right side of the screen?
"Drink Up and Beat Off!"
-KBWSB

-Jody
Shark is already stretched out, why not put him in the rotation?
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
<!--quoteo(post=48595:date=Jul 7 2009, 05:24 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jul 7 2009, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=48593:date=Jul 7 2009, 04:20 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Jul 7 2009, 04:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=48591:date=Jul 7 2009, 03:17 PM:name=vitaminB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vitaminB @ Jul 7 2009, 03:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->This doesn't kill us. Dempster has sucked ever since his daughter got sick.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I guess I didn't realize that he had turned it around recently. This hurts only because Harden is starting to look really hittable.

Hey, look at me I'm the guy who doesn't look up stats and just goes off the last game he saw the guy pitch.
<!--quoteo(post=48603:date=Jul 7 2009, 03:38 PM:name=Destined)-->QUOTE (Destined @ Jul 7 2009, 03:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Shark is already stretched out, why not put him in the rotation?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I don't know if they trust him enough and Hart pitched better than him when they each threw on Saturday.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=48600:date=Jul 7 2009, 03:30 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Jul 7 2009, 03:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->What the hell? Wittenmyer: Demp to have xray in 2 wks. Prognosis expected then.

Edit: Oh wait I assume they mean like another x-ray to see how it looks? I mean they must've taken one to see it's broken, right?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm shocked that Wittenmyer finally updated his blog.
<!--quoteo(post=48605:date=Jul 7 2009, 03:39 PM:name=vitaminB)-->QUOTE (vitaminB @ Jul 7 2009, 03:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=48595:date=Jul 7 2009, 05:24 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Jul 7 2009, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=48593:date=Jul 7 2009, 04:20 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Jul 7 2009, 04:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=48591:date=Jul 7 2009, 03:17 PM:name=vitaminB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vitaminB @ Jul 7 2009, 03:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->This doesn't kill us. Dempster has sucked ever since his daughter got sick.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I guess I didn't realize that he had turned it around recently. This hurts only because Harden is starting to look really hittable.

Hey, look at me I'm the guy who doesn't look up stats and just goes off the last game he saw the guy pitch.
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] He hasn't been dominant or anything lately, but he's been solid like Rok said. I absolutely agree with you that what is going on with his daughter certainly isn't helping him though, I think it's amazing he's been able to pitch as well as he has considering that.

And yeah, Harden's the real problem in all of this. If he could just be somewhere between what he's been this year and last year, he'd be just fine. Last start was particularly annoying because of how good he looked in the previous start at Pittsburgh, best fastball he's had all year.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Demp says he hurt toe when he tripped going over dugout rail after sunday game to celebrate win, slamming rt foot as hit ground<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--quoteo(post=48609:date=Jul 7 2009, 03:43 PM:name=ColoradoCub)-->QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Jul 7 2009, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->Demp says he hurt toe when he tripped going over dugout rail after sunday game to celebrate win, slamming rt foot as hit ground<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] Yeah, expects to miss 3 starts.
@TheBlogfines
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/shakehead.gif[/img]