Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does Harden suck this year?
<!--quoteo(post=50202:date=Jul 16 2009, 12:22 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Jul 16 2009, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Yeah, everyone keeps saying the it's a miracle that we're at .500, but the truth is that pitching is a HUGE part of the game, and we've thrown pretty well, all things considered.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Overall, our pitching hasn't been bad, but take a closer look -- Dempster is nowhere close to where he was last season. Ditto Harden. Marmol was potentially the best reliever in the game last season. Again -- not close. Lilly has been consistent, but that's about all you can say.

I'd still say we're pretty lucky to be at .500.
<!--quoteo(post=50203:date=Jul 16 2009, 01:27 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jul 16 2009, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=50202:date=Jul 16 2009, 12:22 PM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Jul 16 2009, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Yeah, everyone keeps saying the it's a miracle that we're at .500, but the truth is that pitching is a HUGE part of the game, and we've thrown pretty well, all things considered.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Overall, our pitching hasn't been bad, but take a closer look -- Dempster is nowhere close to where he was last season. Ditto Harden. Marmol was potentially the best reliever in the game last season. Again -- not close. Lilly has been consistent, but that's about all you can say.

<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Randy Wells has been amazing and I really don't think we can expect that in the 2nd half.
<!--quoteo(post=50205:date=Jul 16 2009, 12:30 PM:name=Coldneck)-->QUOTE (Coldneck @ Jul 16 2009, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=50203:date=Jul 16 2009, 01:27 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Jul 16 2009, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=50202:date=Jul 16 2009, 12:22 PM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Jul 16 2009, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Yeah, everyone keeps saying the it's a miracle that we're at .500, but the truth is that pitching is a HUGE part of the game, and we've thrown pretty well, all things considered.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Randy Wells has been amazing and I really don't think we can expect that in the 2nd half.
Yeah. Wells has been a very pleasant surprise.

It would be nice if we can take 3 of 4 from the Nats to start the second half. A four game sweep would be even better.
<!--quoteo(post=50206:date=Jul 16 2009, 12:33 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jul 16 2009, 12:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=50205:date=Jul 16 2009, 12:30 PM:name=Coldneck)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coldneck @ Jul 16 2009, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=50203:date=Jul 16 2009, 01:27 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Jul 16 2009, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=50202:date=Jul 16 2009, 12:22 PM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Jul 16 2009, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Yeah, everyone keeps saying the it's a miracle that we're at .500, but the truth is that pitching is a HUGE part of the game, and we've thrown pretty well, all things considered.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah. Wells has been a very pleasant surprise.

It would be nice if we can take 3 of 4 from the Nats to start the second half. A four game sweep would be even better.
And Z despite his lack of a brain, has managed to pitch consistently well, and probably should have 7-8 wins by now if we ever gave him any run support.
I think the Cub with the toughest year has to be the Gatorade machine.

Finally, after all these years gets his call to the bigs, and gets rocked by half of the team.
Then, unceremoniously removed without even a press conference.

Oh the humanity!
Fat Bastard is an immensely obese, hardly able to walk (weighing a metric ton) gardener and henchman hailing from Scotland. His extreme size endows Fat Bastard with super-human strength as exhibited by his prowess in the Sumo ring from Goldmember. This makes him a formidable enemy for Austin Powers. Fat Bastard is noted for his foul temper, his frequent flatulence, his vulgar and revolting bad manners and his unusual eating habits, which include taste for Human infants (which he calls "the other other white meat") or anything that looks like a baby, e.g. small people. Fat Bastard has been a regular at Cub games since the early 80's when he tried several times (unsuccessfully) to eat the visiting San Diego Chicken.
I'm assuming Lou was serious when he said he plans to rearrange Harden's schedule to get him as many away night games as possible from here on out. This season Harden has been a much better pitcher away and at night, but not significantly so over the course of his career. *shrug* Whatever works.
I got nothin'.

Andy