Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yu Darvish
I have no idea how fast this dude's fastball is, but it looks like some real heat. And his breaking stuff is filthy. Every batter looks absolutely foolish in these clips.

I don't know the rules and when he'll be eligible, but I would love for the Cubs to make a bid on him. Unfortunately, whatever the Red Sox paid for Dice-K is going to look like chump change compared to Darvish...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hIUeoBrqjHk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hIUeoBrqjHk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
He looked good in the WBC.
Yeah some team is going to throw some serious dough at that kid.
His dad wants him to be on the Red Sox or Yankees. That's where he'll be.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=50253:date=Jul 16 2009, 06:01 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Jul 16 2009, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->His dad wants him to be on the Red Sox or Yankees. That's where he'll be.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Since those two teams will outbid every other team in baseball by a wide margin, it probably doesn't matter where pops wants him to go.
<!--quoteo(post=50262:date=Jul 16 2009, 07:34 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jul 16 2009, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=50253:date=Jul 16 2009, 06:01 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Jul 16 2009, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->His dad wants him to be on the Red Sox or Yankees. That's where he'll be.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Since those two teams will outbid every other team in baseball by a wide margin, it probably doesn't matter where pops wants him to go.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Good for them. Those international huge-ass posting fees transactions always work out.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo(post=50262:date=Jul 16 2009, 05:34 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jul 16 2009, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=50253:date=Jul 16 2009, 06:01 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Jul 16 2009, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->His dad wants him to be on the Red Sox or Yankees. That's where he'll be.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Indeed.
@TheBlogfines
His parents went to my college years ago. It has a really high international student attendance.
<!--quoteo(post=50267:date=Jul 16 2009, 06:43 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Jul 16 2009, 06:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=50262:date=Jul 16 2009, 07:34 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Jul 16 2009, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=50253:date=Jul 16 2009, 06:01 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Jul 16 2009, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->His dad wants him to be on the Red Sox or Yankees. That's where he'll be.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Good for them. Those international huge-ass posting fees transactions always work out.
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
You gotta admit though, he's a special pitcher. Cy material.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo(post=50351:date=Jul 17 2009, 01:46 AM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Jul 17 2009, 01:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=50267:date=Jul 16 2009, 06:43 PM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ Jul 16 2009, 06:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=50262:date=Jul 16 2009, 07:34 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Jul 16 2009, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=50253:date=Jul 16 2009, 06:01 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Jul 16 2009, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->His dad wants him to be on the Red Sox or Yankees. That's where he'll be.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
You gotta admit though, he's a special pitcher. Cy material.
And so are Strasburg and Chapman. These are 3 very special pitchers that might be the top 3 overall prospects in the world right now. At least Strasburg isn't going to the Yankees or Red Sox, yet. I'm going Chapman Yankees, Darvish Red Sox.
@TheBlogfines
I wouldn't be surprised if Chapman got a run from the White Sox. They got Crackhead Ramirez and Contreras, he fits in.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
Darvish by the way...looks amazing. His stuff is filthy. At the WBC Final he came in with a standing ovation and from the upper deck you could see the filth. It was amazing. He could have the same initial effect that Byung-Hyun Kim had, back when he was good.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
<!--quoteo(post=50356:date=Jul 17 2009, 03:00 AM:name=Destined)-->QUOTE (Destined @ Jul 17 2009, 03:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I wouldn't be surprised if Chapman got a run from the White Sox. They got Crackhead Ramirez and Contreras, he fits in.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I can't see the Sox paying the kind of money this kid can demand. So unless he takes a "Cuban Discount", I don't see it.
<!--quoteo(post=50375:date=Jul 17 2009, 07:15 AM:name=cherp)-->QUOTE (cherp @ Jul 17 2009, 07:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=50356:date=Jul 17 2009, 03:00 AM:name=Destined)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Destined @ Jul 17 2009, 03:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I wouldn't be surprised if Chapman got a run from the White Sox. They got Crackhead Ramirez and Contreras, he fits in.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I can't see the Sox paying the kind of money this kid can demand. So unless he takes a "Cuban Discount", I don't see it.
Yeah, seemed as though Alexei and Viciedo took pretty reasonable contracts and flew under the radar. Chapman is getting promoted like mad, so I doubt KW will want to get into a bidding war with teams who have bottomless pockets.
<!--quoteo(post=50400:date=Jul 17 2009, 09:46 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jul 17 2009, 09:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=50375:date=Jul 17 2009, 07:15 AM:name=cherp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cherp @ Jul 17 2009, 07:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=50356:date=Jul 17 2009, 03:00 AM:name=Destined)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Destined @ Jul 17 2009, 03:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I wouldn't be surprised if Chapman got a run from the White Sox. They got Crackhead Ramirez and Contreras, he fits in.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah, seemed as though Alexei and Viciedo took pretty reasonable contracts and flew under the radar. Chapman is getting promoted like mad, so I doubt KW will want to get into a bidding war with teams who have bottomless pockets.

Agreed Rok. That's not his style. If he has 50mm to spend, I don't see it on someone who has never thrown a pitch in the majors.

I know it is easy to say this, but he's got NYY/Bos/LA written all over him.