Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tigers Supposedly Interested in Bradley
I, too, have fallen off the Stone bandwagon. What's funny is he doesn't see that he's become the exact type of person he criticized so bitterly in "Where's Harry"--Milo Hamilton.
I'm 100% fine with this. I'm just glad there's an actual plan in place that isn't, "Let's load up on retreads and hope we get lucky." I'm a little tired of that plan.

Butcher
Steve Stone's Awesome, Insightful Website and Blog

Make sure to check out "Steve's Pitch", his blog on the site.

He talks about the Philippe Lopez deal and the DBack's willingness to part with Dan Herring.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

<!--quoteo(post=52122:date=Jul 26 2009, 12:29 PM:name=biggz)-->QUOTE (biggz @ Jul 26 2009, 12:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Steve Stone's Awesome, Insightful Website and Blog

He talks about the Philippe Lopez deal and the DBack's willingness to part with Dan Herring.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
You know, I don't recall Stone ever using the term "we" when referring to the Cubs or wearing any team gear on a regular basis when he was in the Cubs TV booth. He seems to do all of that a lot now since going to the Dark Side. That speaks volumes.
<!--quoteo(post=52127:date=Jul 26 2009, 01:16 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jul 26 2009, 01:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=52122:date=Jul 26 2009, 12:29 PM:name=biggz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (biggz @ Jul 26 2009, 12:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Steve Stone's Awesome, Insightful Website and Blog

He talks about the Philippe Lopez deal and the DBack's willingness to part with Dan Herring.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
You know, I don't recall Stone ever using the term "we" when referring to the Cubs or wearing any team gear on a regular basis when he was in the Cubs TV booth. He seems to do all of that a lot now since going to the Dark Side. That speaks volumes.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
He wore Cubs jackets occasionally. Don't let your hate blind you young Jedi.
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
<!--quoteo(post=52129:date=Jul 26 2009, 01:22 PM:name=PcB)-->QUOTE (PcB @ Jul 26 2009, 01:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=52127:date=Jul 26 2009, 01:16 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Jul 26 2009, 01:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=52122:date=Jul 26 2009, 12:29 PM:name=biggz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (biggz @ Jul 26 2009, 12:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Steve Stone's Awesome, Insightful Website and Blog

It doesn't seem like he did it nearly as much with us as he does now. And I don't think I'm reading too much into it. All of the Sox broadcasters are flaming homers.
<!--quoteo(post=52129:date=Jul 26 2009, 01:22 PM:name=PcB)-->QUOTE (PcB @ Jul 26 2009, 01:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=52127:date=Jul 26 2009, 01:16 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Jul 26 2009, 01:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=52122:date=Jul 26 2009, 12:29 PM:name=biggz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (biggz @ Jul 26 2009, 12:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Steve Stone's Awesome, Insightful Website and Blog

oh shit. someone took a shot at your beloved white sox again.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=52117:date=Jul 26 2009, 09:48 AM:name=Coldneck)-->QUOTE (Coldneck @ Jul 26 2009, 09:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I was the biggest Steve Stone fan in the world when he was with the Cubbies broadcast team. I still defended him and gave him the benefit of the doubt when he joined the Sox. But after reading this thread I have joined the Steve Stone is an unbearable spiteful douche camp. Stone has no credibility left at this point. The McGehee quotes are ignorant and not based on reality.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
This is 100% where I'm at right now.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=52176:date=Jul 26 2009, 03:48 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Jul 26 2009, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=52117:date=Jul 26 2009, 09:48 AM:name=Coldneck)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coldneck @ Jul 26 2009, 09:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I was the biggest Steve Stone fan in the world when he was with the Cubbies broadcast team. I still defended him and gave him the benefit of the doubt when he joined the Sox. But after reading this thread I have joined the Steve Stone is an unbearable spiteful douche camp. Stone has no credibility left at this point. The McGehee quotes are ignorant and not based on reality.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
This is 100% where I'm at right now.

Same here. Steve's voice was synonymous with baseball when I was a kid. Now it sucks that he's done a complete 180 for me compared to the way I used to look up to and respect him.
<!--quoteo(post=52127:date=Jul 26 2009, 01:16 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jul 26 2009, 01:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=52122:date=Jul 26 2009, 12:29 PM:name=biggz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (biggz @ Jul 26 2009, 12:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Steve Stone's Awesome, Insightful Website and Blog

I liked the video where he talked about Harry, but I did find one rather bizarre quote in his blog. He is discussing the Twins, and that they no longer have the Yankees or Red Sox to play this year (The sox have 15 left against them) and says "...it's a tremendous thing for the twins, <b>who are tied with the Cubs</b>, to know they won't have to face those teams again". What??? Why in God's name would he mention the Twins standings in relation to the Cubs? Does that make sense on any level?
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
<!--quoteo(post=52242:date=Jul 27 2009, 08:35 AM:name=BT)-->QUOTE (BT @ Jul 27 2009, 08:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=52127:date=Jul 26 2009, 01:16 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Jul 26 2009, 01:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=52122:date=Jul 26 2009, 12:29 PM:name=biggz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (biggz @ Jul 26 2009, 12:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Steve Stone's Awesome, Insightful Website and Blog

I liked the video where he talked about Harry, but I did find one rather bizarre quote in his blog. He is discussing the Twins, and that they no longer have the Yankees or Red Sox to play this year (The sox have 15 left against them) and says "...it's a tremendous thing for the twins, <b>who are tied with the Cubs</b>, to know they won't have to face those teams again". What??? Why in God's name would he mention the Twins standings in relation to the Cubs? Does that make sense on any level?
It was a bad Freudian slip on his part. He's completely obsessed with the Cubs, and talks about them way more in his blog that he does about the Sox. I said when Stone first signed on to broadcast Sox games that he so in part to spite us and the Cubs, and I'm sticking to that.
<!--quoteo(post=52259:date=Jul 27 2009, 11:35 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jul 27 2009, 11:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=52242:date=Jul 27 2009, 08:35 AM:name=BT)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BT @ Jul 27 2009, 08:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=52127:date=Jul 26 2009, 01:16 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Jul 26 2009, 01:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=52122:date=Jul 26 2009, 12:29 PM:name=biggz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (biggz @ Jul 26 2009, 12:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Steve Stone's Awesome, Insightful Website and Blog

It was a bad Freudian slip on his part. He's completely obsessed with the Cubs, and talks about them way more in his blog that he does about the Sox. <b>I said when Stone first signed on to broadcast Sox games that he so in part to spite us and the Cubs, and I'm sticking to that.</b>

And I remember calling you out on that. I admit I was wrong and I take it all back.
in stone's defense, he was treated like shit by the cubs. i understand his obsession. he probably thought he'd retire with them. his bitterness towards cubs management is warranted.

what's pissing me off is the constant shots he takes at the team and the fans. look, he's been gone almost three years, right? it's time to move on. he's become petty and unprofessional, he's become like every other white sox employee (sorry pcb, but it's true).
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=52262:date=Jul 27 2009, 11:06 AM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Jul 27 2009, 11:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->in stone's defense, he was treated like shit by the cubs. i understand his obsession. he probably thought he'd retire with them. his bitterness towards cubs management is warranted.

what's pissing me off is the constant shots he takes at the team and the fans. look, he's been gone almost three years, right? it's time to move on. he's become petty and unprofessional, he's become like every other white sox employee (sorry pcb, but it's true).<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
2004 was the last year he worked with the Cubs. Yeah -- it sucked how he got treated, but it's going on 5 years now. It's time to act like a professional and move on.
Is it remotely possible that Stone was also a complete prick with the Cubs, but we didn't either know, or care, because he was a very good color guy for the Cubs?
I got nothin'.

Andy
<!--quoteo(post=52268:date=Jul 27 2009, 11:43 AM:name=Andy)-->QUOTE (Andy @ Jul 27 2009, 11:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Is it remotely possible that Stone was also a complete prick with the Cubs, but we didn't either know, or care, because he was a very good color guy for the Cubs?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I'd be willing to entertain that possibility.