Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tigers Supposedly Interested in Bradley
http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/david-kapl...on-bradley.html

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Two very solid baseball sources confirmed for me just moments ago that the Detroit Tigers are interested in Cubs RF Milton Bradley. They believe that Bradley would be a much better fit as a DH than as a right fielder and that he would mesh well with Tigers manager Jim Leyland.

Both sources say that the Tigers have scouted Bradley and are interested depending on how much of his contract the Cubs are willing to eat.

I believe that Bradley is a much better player than he has shown so far during his brief time in a Cubs uniform but I also believe that the Cubs would be better off trading him and starting over in right field. If he is moved it opens up all sorts of possibilities because then Lou Piniella could put Kosuke Fukudome back in his natural position of RF and platoon Sam Fuld and Reed Johnson in center.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

I don't think it will happen. They are just teasing us.
<!--quoteo(post=52022:date=Jul 25 2009, 01:28 PM:name=Croz)-->QUOTE (Croz @ Jul 25 2009, 01:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I don't think it will happen. They are just teasing us.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Probably. Or they want us to take Willis or Ordonez.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

As much as I would like to get rid of his contract, I think he's a better player than this and giving up on him this soon is a mistake IMO.
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune....oit-rumor-.html

Sulky says Cubs deny it.

Everybody hates Bradley now but they'll hate him even more when he's hitting .330 for another team. I don't think we're better going with Reed and Fuk everyday. I love Reed but I don't know about him as an everyday player, especially against right-handed pitching. And Sam Fuld... come on people. He'll look just like Hoffpauir and Hill did at the plate after extended playing time.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Cubs deny Bradley-to-Detroit rumor

By Paul Sullivan

The Cubs are denying an Internet report that says Detroit is interested in acquiring outfielder Milton Bradley.

The report on chicagonow.com quotes a twitter by White Sox broadcaster Steve Stone that said the "rumor" is the Tigers are interested in Bradley, adding the Cubs should get a "private jet" to send him. According to one Cubs source, there has been no conversation with any team about Bradley.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
@TheBlogfines
Bradley for Granderson and we will pay 2/3 of Bradleys contract....get it done [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

I wish!
Other than for 42 games/144 ABs a few years back in San Diego, Bradley has never been a very successful NL player. I have no doubt he's a better AL than NL player, a much better DH than a right fielder. But I doubt Hendry will admit this so soon and losing him for Fuld/Johson in the outfield doesn't wow me. Unless they can bring in some power / the left handed bat they wanted so much to begin with, I doubt this would get done.
This is getting fun...

Miles:
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Apparently White Sox TV analyst Steve Stone Twittered something about the Tigers having interest in Bradley. For being the White Sox' analyst, our old pal Stoney sure likes to talk about the Cubs a lot. Stoney's friend David Kaplan of WGN radio and Comcast SportsNet picked it up and put it on a Web site.

I've worked with Jim Hendry a lot of years, and he always says that if I hear something to give him a call. And he's always shot straight with me on trade-rumor stuff and free-agent signings.

Apparently, nobody called Jim about this one ahead of time to ask him.

Two people with the Cubs said it was the first they'd heard of any rumored deal and that the Cubs have not talked to any team about Bradley.

The Cubs front office was furious that such a rumor had grown so fast and had been picked up around the country. A rock-solid media person in Detroit told me there was nothing to it on his end.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Stone: <!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->In detroit for the series. Understand a guy named bruce miles believes that the whole bradley story was made up. Who is bruce miles.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
@TheBlogfines
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
I would love a way to get Fuld into the lineup.
<!--quoteo(post=52058:date=Jul 25 2009, 04:09 PM:name=Coach)-->QUOTE (Coach @ Jul 25 2009, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I would love a way to get Fuld into the lineup.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
As an everyday player? I'm fine with him getting some more at bats and riding this little hot streak, but not starting for us the rest of the year.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=52028:date=Jul 25 2009, 02:19 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Jul 25 2009, 02:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->And Sam Fuld... come on people. He'll look just like Hoffpauir and Hill did at the plate after extended playing time.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Sadly, this is more than likely true.
<!--quoteo(post=52060:date=Jul 25 2009, 04:16 PM:name=jeffy)-->QUOTE (jeffy @ Jul 25 2009, 04:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=52028:date=Jul 25 2009, 02:19 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Jul 25 2009, 02:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->And Sam Fuld... come on people. He'll look just like Hoffpauir and Hill did at the plate after extended playing time.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Sadly, this is more than likely true.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yeah I love Sam Fuld, has good at bats, huge fan of how hard he plays, good defense, etc. But I just don't see him keeping this up. Koyie was a better hitter than him in the minors even.

Koyie hit .323(10-31) in April. Since, he's hitting .152(14-92).

Hoff hit .281 in April/May(27-96). Since he's hitting .184 (14-76).

Scouting finds their holes. Like I said, I like what Sam Fuld brings to the table and I'm all about playing the hot hand, I'm just not expecting too much the rest of the way. If he does get a lot of playing time, I hope he proves me wrong and keeps kicking ass. But his .357 obp in 351 plate appearances in Iowa this year is 20 points lower than Milton Bradley's even.
@TheBlogfines