Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tigers Supposedly Interested in Bradley
Steve Stone continues on the road to ultimate douchedom.
2 Words:
Jacoby Ellsbury
I'd always been a backer of Stone's, but it's really getting fucking ridiculous. His Twitter account is 90% ripping on Bradley and Hendry.

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Milton bradley is benched for the first of the 4 game cardinal series. I wonder if he will take it as well as soriano the other day.12:22 PM Jul 10th from txt<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Here is todays trivia question. What pitcher leads the major leagues in wins. Matt cain-no, tim lincecum-no, halliday-no,its jason marquis.8:19 AM Jul 8th from txt<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Jason marquis pithed 8 strong scoreless innings as the rockies shutout the nats 1-0. The cubs paid 5.3ml to trade him. His 11 wins lead NL.9:42 PM Jul 6th from txt<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->The sox conclude their 7 game trip with KC. Sox 5-1 with one to play. Casey McGehee was 4-5 with 5 rbi. Bradley trails him in every category9:02 AM Jul 5th from txt<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Cubs just traded for rockies utility man jeff baker. Insurance for ramirez. The lost casey McGehee on waivers to brewers. How would he look.11:35 AM Jul 2nd from txt<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->For those cub fans that do not know a lot about sam fuld, i saw him tear apart the arizona fall league. Hendry liked felix pie. Nice choice 8:33 AM Jul 2nd from txt<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Jason marquis is 10-5 leading NL in wins. Cubs spent 5.3 mil to trade him. Zambrano and dempster cost 30.75m combined. Their win total-812:43 PM Jul 1st from txt<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Jim hendry made countless mistakes this offseason-look at brewers Casey McGehee. 5 hr-21 rbi- 336 ba. Cubs lost him on waivers for 50,000.7:41 AM Jun 30th from txt<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Sox win as do the cubs. Bradley drove in a run and then made quacking hand signs at pirate fans. 17 rbi near july. Big run producer my butt.8:51 PM Jun 29th from txt<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
@TheBlogfines

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Bradley not in cubs lineup today. With cardinals trading for derosa, lugo, and holliday, if hendry doesnt make a trade he loses the divisionabout 5 hours ago from txt<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Rumor is that tigers are interested in trading for milton bradley. Cubs should fly him in a private jet.about 6 hours ago from txt<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Congrats to milton bradley for staying off the disabled list for 75 games as of fridays tilt with cinci. It kicks in a 12mil 2011 contract.10:19 AM Jul 23rd from txt<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Have you noticed that sox rookie gordon beckham is hitting .304 with 2 more rbi than cubs superstar milton bradley. Milt 10m beck 300 thou.11:07 AM Jul 22nd from txt<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Jason marquis has the most wins in baseball with 12. Can bob apodaca be that much better than larry rothchild, or did that trade stink.9:52 AM Jul 21st from txt<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Jim hendrys choice bradley 6hr 20rbi 238ba--dunn 23hr 62rbi 269ba--abreu 308ba 57rbi 17sb--ibanez 22hr 60rbi 312ba. All lefty rbi guys.nice9:15 AM Jul 12th from txt<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=52066:date=Jul 25 2009, 05:29 PM:name=Coach)-->QUOTE (Coach @ Jul 25 2009, 05:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->2 Words:
Jacoby Ellsbury<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Fuld? They share some similar abilities but Ellsbury is much better at most all of them and younger.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->There was a rumor circulating Saturday that the Tigers were interested in Cubs outfielder Milton Bradley. Problem is, the person who posted the rumor didn't ask anyone from the Cubs. That didn't seem to stop others from taking that rumor and saying it was true.

It's not true, Cubs officials say, and, fact is, the GMs of the two teams have not talked at all about Bradley or anyone else in recent days.

Bradley, who hit his first career pinch-hit homer in the eighth of the Cubs' 5-3 win over the Reds, was asked about the speculation postgame.

"I don't pay attention to rumors," he said. "I'm one of those guys who is multi-talented and can do a lot of things, so I'm not surprised. It's just a rumor."

-- Carrie Muskat<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I used to love Steve Stone when I was a kid. Sucks that he's turned in to such a moron.

In regards to his comments about Marquis:

Hindsight is 20/20. No one would've predicted Marquis being so successful this year. It's easy to say it was a bad trade looking back now; but at the time, it was hard to criticize dumping Marquis from the team. But of course Steve is deeply embedded in the south side now, so he gets paid to talk trash about the Cubs [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/asshole.gif[/img]
<!--quoteo(post=52075:date=Jul 25 2009, 06:42 PM:name=jeffy)-->QUOTE (jeffy @ Jul 25 2009, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Hindsight is 20/20. No one would've predicted Marquis being so successful this year. It's easy to say it was a bad trade looking back now; but at the time, it was hard to criticize dumping Marquis from the team.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yep... I wanted to keep Marquis because of Harden, basically just for depth and to eat innings. I always said Marquis doesn't deserve all the crap he gets, he's not that bad. He's not nearly as good as his numbers show this year though either, and as I keep pointing out, he's almost always been incredibly worse in the 2nd half. I expect his ERA to be over 4 soon.

And with Marquis, we wouldnt have gotten to see as much of Randy Wells either, who has maybe even been better. He could easily have 10 wins.

The Casey McGehee crap is really ridiculous. He's been a career blah minor leaguer and never really impressed in Spring Training or his time with the Cubs last year.
@TheBlogfines
Wow Clapp, that shit you posted from Stone is both damning and embarrassing. Stone should be fucking ashamed of himself. I'd love to ask Hendry what he thinks of him. By the way. What the FUCK does this even mean?

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->For those cub fans that do not know a lot about sam fuld, i saw him tear apart the arizona fall league. Hendry liked felix pie. Nice choice 8:33 AM Jul 2nd from txt<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Is it Stone's brilliant fucking observation that Fuld's mastery of the Arizona league clearly made him a superior prospect? First of all, Hendry wasn't alone in regarding Pie over Fuld. One hundred out of one hundred scouts would have agreed. More importantly, guess who the MVP of the 2002 AFL was? A seventeen year old Felix Pie.

Fuck Steve Stone.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
Trading Bradley doesn't make this team better and I can't imagine him pulling in enough in the way of prospects to make it worth our while...considering as we sit 1/2 game out and Halladay hasn't jumped to a NL contender yet, we can't punt on this year.

Joe Sheehan was on the radio the other day and said that Holliday gives the Cards 1.5 to 2 wins over where they were. He also said that the move does change the complexion of the NL Central - he said that it takes it from a 4 team race to a Cards/Cubs race. That last bit was off topic, but I won't be around much.
i can't back stone up anymore. he's dead to me. just a bitter spiteful piece of shit. i'm sure he loves working with harrelson now.
Wang.
Yikes; that McGehee stuff is pretty bad. Nobody in the universe thought he could be a bench player on a contender.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
The only thing Steve Stone cares about is money. He's a turd. His heart lies with whomever pays him the most. Just out of curiosity, when was the last time anyone heard him say anything bad about the White Sox despite the fact that they have played no better than the Cubs most of the season? He's a greedy twat. Sad too cause I used to love him.

And for the record, as a frequent listener of the Score, I never heard him criticize the signing of Bradley other than warning he could be a health risk. Funny how he paints himself to be some sort of Oracle after the fact.
Didn't Stone rip the Marquis signing when it was made and during the entire time he was here? Hindsight, Stone, it's a bitch. And fuck him. I hope he's happy tarnishing his reputation forever on the South Side. If he becomes even half the laughing stock that Harrelson has become, he'll still be the 2nd biggest douche in Chicago broadcast history. Nicely done. Quite an accomplishment.
I was the biggest Steve Stone fan in the world when he was with the Cubbies broadcast team. I still defended him and gave him the benefit of the doubt when he joined the Sox. But after reading this thread I have joined the Steve Stone is an unbearable spiteful douche camp. Stone has no credibility left at this point. The McGehee quotes are ignorant and not based on reality.