Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FIRST PLACE BITCHES!!!
<!--quoteo(post=52210:date=Jul 26 2009, 08:44 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Jul 26 2009, 08:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=52195:date=Jul 26 2009, 08:15 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Jul 26 2009, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=52191:date=Jul 26 2009, 06:58 PM:name=Beams)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Beams @ Jul 26 2009, 06:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->a far cry from the ol' "Comedy Central" of seasons past.

should be some great competition coming up...<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Do you have any more corny lines that you'd like to get out of your system or might I suggest you move full speed ahead to cracks about goats and lost centuries?

Troll.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I must have missed the troll part of his post, rok. You lose.

My apologies to Beams. I totally misread something, and came off as a complete dick as a result.

No excuses for it on my part, but I came on in a bad mood as a result of something non-baseball related and went off when I saw the WS ring avatar.

I hope you post more Beams, and I'm usually not so jumpy.
I agree with Clapp too.

Rok, I thought the WS ring avatar was kind of tasteless as well. I'm glad he changed it.
i didn't see the avatar or i may have had to back rok up. in fact, i'm not sure what exctly rok did wrong.
Wang.
yeah, I was in a haste and wanted to post something Cards-related and the WS ring was the first thing I thought of. But later on, I gave it more thought and decided having that as my avatar came off as arrogant, so I changed it.

no biggie rok...I post occasionally on a few other different teams' forums as well. I got a horrid reception from a Mets fansite when I first joined up, but after being there awhile we all get along fine.
[Image: pitch_20around_20pujols_small1.jpg]
the Mets have fans?
Fat Bastard is an immensely obese, hardly able to walk (weighing a metric ton) gardener and henchman hailing from Scotland. His extreme size endows Fat Bastard with super-human strength as exhibited by his prowess in the Sumo ring from Goldmember. This makes him a formidable enemy for Austin Powers. Fat Bastard is noted for his foul temper, his frequent flatulence, his vulgar and revolting bad manners and his unusual eating habits, which include taste for Human infants (which he calls "the other other white meat") or anything that looks like a baby, e.g. small people. Fat Bastard has been a regular at Cub games since the early 80's when he tried several times (unsuccessfully) to eat the visiting San Diego Chicken.
Damn, first place is mighty tasty. Hopefully it lasts, and we play good against teams that don't suck donkey balls.

Welcome, Beams. Love that sig pic. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

<!--quoteo(post=52217:date=Jul 26 2009, 09:36 PM:name=MW4)-->QUOTE (MW4 @ Jul 26 2009, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->the Mets have fans?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
[Image: eaobup.jpg]
Congrats guys!
Speaking of trolls . . .
This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
The hell with all things troll-related...

THE CUBS ARE IN FIRST!!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cheers.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headbang.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/pickle.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/spank.gif[/img]

No need for bickering, people!
[Image: HappyKitty.gif]
In first by a half game and coming up against Wandy Rodriguez and Roy Oswalt back to back. Might as well savor first place while it lasts.
I got nothin'.

Andy
<!--quoteo(post=52240:date=Jul 27 2009, 09:23 AM:name=Andy)-->QUOTE (Andy @ Jul 27 2009, 09:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->In first by a half game and coming up against Wandy Rodriguez and Roy Oswalt back to back. Might as well savor first place while it lasts.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Wandy's not very good outside of Houston.
This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
<!--quoteo(post=52241:date=Jul 27 2009, 08:26 AM:name=Kid)-->QUOTE (Kid @ Jul 27 2009, 08:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=52240:date=Jul 27 2009, 09:23 AM:name=Andy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Andy @ Jul 27 2009, 09:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->In first by a half game and coming up against Wandy Rodriguez and Roy Oswalt back to back. Might as well savor first place while it lasts.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

5-4 3.43 era. I wouldn't complain about it. In 2 games this season against the Cubs, he's 0-0 with a 1.38 era.

But we're also playing MUCH better ball and hitting far better than the previous 2 times we've faced him. This is a huge 4-game series. Let's go get 3-of-4.
I got nothin'.

Andy
<!--quoteo(post=52245:date=Jul 27 2009, 09:42 AM:name=Andy)-->QUOTE (Andy @ Jul 27 2009, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=52241:date=Jul 27 2009, 08:26 AM:name=Kid)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kid @ Jul 27 2009, 08:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=52240:date=Jul 27 2009, 09:23 AM:name=Andy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Andy @ Jul 27 2009, 09:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->In first by a half game and coming up against Wandy Rodriguez and Roy Oswalt back to back. Might as well savor first place while it lasts.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

5-4 3.43 era. I wouldn't complain about it. In 2 games this season against the Cubs, he's 0-0 with a 1.38 era.

But we're also playing MUCH better ball and hitting far better than the previous 2 times we've faced him. This is a huge 4-game series. Let's go get 3-of-4.
I meant historically against the Cubs. He's killed us in Houston, but not on the road.
<!--quoteo(post=52246:date=Jul 27 2009, 09:44 AM:name=Kid)-->QUOTE (Kid @ Jul 27 2009, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=52245:date=Jul 27 2009, 09:42 AM:name=Andy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Andy @ Jul 27 2009, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=52241:date=Jul 27 2009, 08:26 AM:name=Kid)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kid @ Jul 27 2009, 08:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=52240:date=Jul 27 2009, 09:23 AM:name=Andy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Andy @ Jul 27 2009, 09:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->In first by a half game and coming up against Wandy Rodriguez and Roy Oswalt back to back. Might as well savor first place while it lasts.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I meant historically against the Cubs. He's killed us in Houston, but not on the road.

He is 1-3 with an ERA of 8.25 in 5 starts at Wrigley.