Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pat and Ron
There always seems to be a rush to get rid of all these guys who tie us to bygone eras...

Santo is a jewel. He may not have the skills he once did, and may be in deteriorating health...but, I don't think you just kick him to the side whenever you feel the desire.

Some teams have classic color guys...Ivy-league trained and as bland as unsalted butter. We've got Ron...a hometown hero and a true fan. He's one of us. I say he stays until he decides to go...and I'm going to relish every minute.

And...let's not forget. He played, and lifted this team up, when he was sick. I think we can do the same.
<!--quoteo(post=53572:date=Jul 30 2009, 08:58 AM:name=sleepyhead)-->QUOTE (sleepyhead @ Jul 30 2009, 08:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=53570:date=Jul 30 2009, 08:38 AM:name=Coldneck)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coldneck @ Jul 30 2009, 08:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Ron is plain awful. They should reassign him to something else in the Organization. Make he feel useful, but get him the hell out of the radio booth.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Just make him the mascot, have him sing the 7th inning stretch and do 1 inning on the radio.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
And let him skip any road trip, or any day for that matter, that he doesn't feel good enough to be there. Add another guy to the booth to go along with Hughes and let Santo sing everyday and do an inning or 2 when he wants to.
<!--quoteo(post=53570:date=Jul 30 2009, 08:38 AM:name=Coldneck)-->QUOTE (Coldneck @ Jul 30 2009, 08:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Ron is plain awful. They should reassign him to something else in the Organization. Make he feel useful, but get him the hell out of the radio booth.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I agree with this. He didn't suddenly get awful when he got sick either. "Oh, geeeez...." is not analysis.
for the good of the team, he should retire. sticking around for himself doesn't do the fans any good.
Wang.
Ron Santo sucks at life. I mean come on, the guy clearly isn't a good announcer. He's wasn't a hall of fame caliber player, and he is full of genetic defects. For the betterment of the human race he should be shoved out of the press box face first, doused in moonshine and set afire with a match lit by striking against the ragged edge of Marge Schott's decaying pelvic bone.
<!--quoteo(post=53591:date=Jul 30 2009, 09:40 AM:name=vitaminB)-->QUOTE (vitaminB @ Jul 30 2009, 09:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Ron Santo sucks at life. I mean come on, the guy clearly isn't a good announcer. He's wasn't a hall of fame caliber player, and he is full of genetic defects. For the betterment of the human race he should be shoved out of the press box face first, doused in moonshine and set afire with a match lit by striking against the ragged edge of Marge Schott's decaying pelvic bone.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

or that.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=53579:date=Jul 30 2009, 09:25 AM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Jul 30 2009, 09:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=53572:date=Jul 30 2009, 08:58 AM:name=sleepyhead)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sleepyhead @ Jul 30 2009, 08:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=53570:date=Jul 30 2009, 08:38 AM:name=Coldneck)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coldneck @ Jul 30 2009, 08:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Ron is plain awful. They should reassign him to something else in the Organization. Make he feel useful, but get him the hell out of the radio booth.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Just make him the mascot, have him sing the 7th inning stretch and do 1 inning on the radio.
And let him skip any road trip, or any day for that matter, that he doesn't feel good enough to be there. Add another guy to the booth to go along with Hughes and let Santo sing everyday and do an inning or 2 when he wants to.
There's nothing wrong with giving him more days off especially on the road. He's needed them more and more over the past few seasons, so it wouldn't be like we're asking him to go away for no reason. I'd like to see them add another voice to the team like Moreland, and then when Santo can't work anymore or when he decides to just be part-time, it will be an easy transition.
Yes! Keith Moreland! Because I only want to hear about NASCAR.
This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
<!--quoteo(post=53599:date=Jul 30 2009, 09:44 AM:name=Kid)-->QUOTE (Kid @ Jul 30 2009, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Yes! Keith Moreland! Because I only want to hear about NASCAR.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I thought he did a really good job. I guess I missed all the NASCAR talk.
I'm not advocating getting rid of Ron. I think we should accommodate his needs and somehow make his need to step away from the booth sometimes a little more seamless. That's all.
<!--quoteo(post=53601:date=Jul 30 2009, 09:46 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jul 30 2009, 09:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=53599:date=Jul 30 2009, 09:44 AM:name=Kid)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kid @ Jul 30 2009, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Yes! Keith Moreland! Because I only want to hear about NASCAR.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

He talked about Nascar a lot when Tony Stewart sang the stretch.
<!--quoteo(post=53605:date=Jul 30 2009, 09:52 AM:name=sleepyhead)-->QUOTE (sleepyhead @ Jul 30 2009, 09:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=53601:date=Jul 30 2009, 09:46 AM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Jul 30 2009, 09:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=53599:date=Jul 30 2009, 09:44 AM:name=Kid)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kid @ Jul 30 2009, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Yes! Keith Moreland! Because I only want to hear about NASCAR.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

He talked about Nascar a lot when Tony Stewart sang the stretch.
I wonder why he'd do that. They should have talked about politics or something.
I agree with Rappster here.
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
<!--quoteo(post=53291:date=Jul 29 2009, 04:14 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jul 29 2009, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I've been listening to Pat and Ron a lot lately. Either at work or in the car on on my iPhone.

Anyway, is it just me or has Ron gotten a lot worse this season? He's never been a good color guy, but there are times where it seems like he has no idea where he is. Or he'll react to a play at least 10 or 20 seconds after it happens. And his choice of responses seems to have been whittled down to:

- Yessir!
- No!
- All right!
- Ahh geez!
- GAH!

I love the man with a passion, but he's been beyond brutal this season.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You forgot

-Yep!
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
<!--quoteo(post=53599:date=Jul 30 2009, 09:44 AM:name=Kid)-->QUOTE (Kid @ Jul 30 2009, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Yes! Keith Moreland! Because I only want to hear about NASCAR.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Jesus...tough room. He had a fucking NASCAR driver in the fucking booth with him.

(I need to read to the end of the fucking thread before I fucking post.)