Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ozzie to serve as analyst for WS
At least TBS had Brenly this year.
<!--quoteo(post=67048:date=Oct 22 2009, 08:14 PM:name=jeffy)-->QUOTE (jeffy @ Oct 22 2009, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->At least TBS had Brenly this year.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

He pulled off the amazing feat of not making me want to stab myself with a rusty awl in the eardrum from listening to Stockton.

I really hope he doesn't leave for a managerial job this offseason.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

They're probably hoping people will tune in just to see if he says anything crazy.
<!--quoteo(post=67045:date=Oct 22 2009, 06:12 PM:name=vegascub)-->QUOTE (vegascub @ Oct 22 2009, 06:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=67042:date=Oct 22 2009, 03:33 PM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ Oct 22 2009, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Can't be worse than McCarver.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'll take McCarver over Ron Darling any day.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You're insane.

Darling isn't great but McCarver is a fucking horrorshow. Mr. Obvious. When I do my McCarver impression it usually goes something like:

"The REASON a ball hit into PLAY tends to ROLL is because it's ROUND."

Goddam...the best thing he ever contributed to baseball is the Bob Gibson story about the aborted trip to the mound.
Tim McCarver really serves no purpose in this world. I can't even find any humor in his tired act anymore. Seriously, I'm finding it difficult to understand why he deserves to be alive.
<!--quoteo(post=67046:date=Oct 22 2009, 06:58 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Oct 22 2009, 06:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I actually think that Fox has the worst baseball coverage on earth, even worse than ESPN.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

My biggest issue with ESPN's coverage is Joe Morgan.

In case you have never seen Morgan do a Cubs ESPN game, here's some things you'll hear in the course of a few hours: Morgan played for the Reds when they were the greatest team ever; all other second baseman should never be considered for the Hall as they weren't him; and, the Cubs are a terrible team who will never win a World Series.
<!--quoteo(post=67066:date=Oct 23 2009, 09:55 AM:name=1060Ivy)-->QUOTE (1060Ivy @ Oct 23 2009, 09:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=67046:date=Oct 22 2009, 06:58 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Oct 22 2009, 06:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I actually think that Fox has the worst baseball coverage on earth, even worse than ESPN.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

In case you have never seen Morgan do a Cubs ESPN game, here's some things you'll hear in the course of a few hours: Morgan played for the Reds when they were the greatest team ever; all other second baseman should never be considered for the Hall as they weren't him; and, the Cubs are a terrible team who will never win a World Series.
Oh, I'm aware of how shitty Morgan is as an announcer and that he is a rotten individual as well. That said, McCarver brings about as much to the table as a dead raccoon.
<!--quoteo(post=67067:date=Oct 23 2009, 10:00 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Oct 23 2009, 10:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=67066:date=Oct 23 2009, 09:55 AM:name=1060Ivy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (1060Ivy @ Oct 23 2009, 09:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=67046:date=Oct 22 2009, 06:58 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Oct 22 2009, 06:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I actually think that Fox has the worst baseball coverage on earth, even worse than ESPN.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Oh, I'm aware of how shitty Morgan is as an announcer and that he is a rotten individual as well. That said, McCarver brings about as much to the table as a dead raccoon.

the only time i ever liked deion sanders is when he threw the bucket of water at mccarver. and i hate sanders.
Wang.
I hate Joe Morgan more than most people. And I hate a lot of people.
<!--quoteo(post=67072:date=Oct 23 2009, 10:44 AM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Oct 23 2009, 10:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I hate Joe Morgan more than most people. And I hate a lot of people.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cheers.gif[/img]