Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheets
<!--quoteo(post=73984:date=Jan 4 2010, 06:24 PM:name=stevestonescigar)-->QUOTE (stevestonescigar @ Jan 4 2010, 06:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=73983:date=Jan 4 2010, 06:21 PM:name=Rappster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rappster @ Jan 4 2010, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Yes to Sheets...<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Shut up you cock smoking bitch. You give me serious douche chills everytime you post your shitty blather.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You fat nard-gargling buttsucker...the underside of my scrotum is waiting to reconnect with the backside of your tonsils.
I guess I did ignore Garland a bit last season, but I'm still very much unimpressed with what he did in AZ where no one was paying attention and in a pitcher friendly park in LA during a contract year. Maybe I'm too hard on him because he pitched for the Sox for so long, but I stand by what I said that he is the epitome of mediocre. His final 3 seasons in Chicago were average to below average, and he isn't worth locking up long term. He pitches too much to contact for my taste, and has just Ok stuff.

I still say that if we're thinking of spending money on another starter, might as well be someone with a high ceiling, not just an innings eater like this douche.
Sheets hasn't even thrown in front of scouts yet. If he comes back and has an 85 mph fastball would you still want him? I am all for Sheets too, but I think there's a decent chance he's not ready yet. All I'd want Garland for is a 1 yr deal for maybe $6M with and option year. I'm not talking about him being our top of the rotation guy. We need a cheap durable starter to round out the rotation and he fits the bill.
And BTW, take out his stats in LA (1.67 ERA, 1.07 WHIP, .232 BAA) and he still had a crappy season, in line with his 2007-08. He blew at home in AZ (5.29 ERA, 1.55 WHIP, .293 BAA). On second thought, he sucks indeed. I'd rather not waste any kind of money on mediocre, replacement level players, especially starters.
Wang is throwing this week, it'll be interesting to see how he performs.
<!--quoteo(post=74009:date=Jan 4 2010, 08:51 PM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Jan 4 2010, 08:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Wang is throwing this week, it'll be interesting to see how he performs.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I'd take him over Garland too, if healthy.
<!--quoteo(post=74009:date=Jan 4 2010, 09:51 PM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Jan 4 2010, 09:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Wang is throwing this week, it'll be interesting to see how he performs.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Shocker. Ruby's interested in seeing some Wang.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
Yes to Sheets, but as if it will happen.

Ace is spot on in Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo(post=74011:date=Jan 4 2010, 09:57 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jan 4 2010, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=74009:date=Jan 4 2010, 08:51 PM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Jan 4 2010, 08:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Wang is throwing this week, it'll be interesting to see how he performs.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I'd take him over Garland too, if healthy.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I would too.
Sullivan is reporting that we are preparing to make a run at Sheets.
I would be very interested(at the right price of course), but I just know he wouldn't make more than 15 starts for us.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=75594:date=Jan 11 2010, 10:24 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Jan 11 2010, 10:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I would be very interested(at the right price of course), but I just know he wouldn't make more than 15 starts for us.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That is the thing about this whole scenario that scares me. He doesn't exactly have a good track record when it comes to staying healthy. I am all for getting him, but it needs to be an incentive laden deal. Maybe a deal with a small 1st year salary but a good size 2nd year option if he meets an inning count or something along those lines.
If we give him anywhere near 10 million a year, I'll be a bit peeved.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
<!--quoteo(post=75598:date=Jan 11 2010, 10:45 PM:name=BT)-->QUOTE (BT @ Jan 11 2010, 10:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->If we give him anywhere near 10 million a year, I'll be a bit peeved.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Me too. Perhaps Mr. Maddux can help with his mechanics a bit? I know that's not in his new job description, but I wonder in what capacity he'll be able to or will address our pitching staff. Maybe I should have posted this in the other thread.
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
I'm full bone over here.
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher