Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheets
Rosenthal throws a blindfolded dart and thinks the Cubs will end up with Sheets. Basically for no other reason than the Cubs may be capable of taking a risk on him.

Article.

Not sure I buy it, but if his pricetag was low enough (or his contract largely incentive driven) I'd be all for it.
I got nothin'.

Andy
Sign me up for this -- especially if he doesn't want a ton of money/years.

FWIW, Keith Law thinks he's going to make a huge comeback.
I'd love Sheets in a low risk/high reward situation. I'd also like seeing Jon Garland come back to Chicago in a reasonable deal.
No Garland.
Garland blows almost as much as Silva. Fuck him.

Sheets would be an awesome risk though.
<!--quoteo(post=73962:date=Jan 4 2010, 03:27 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jan 4 2010, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Garland blows almost as much as Silva. Fuck him.

Sheets would be an awesome risk though.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Obviously you haven't paid much attention to Garland's career. He's not great, but he's a guaranteed solid 200 innings which is something this team is lacking (and sorely needs). I'm not talking about a long multi-year expensive deal. I'd like a moderate short term commitment.
<!--quoteo(post=73972:date=Jan 4 2010, 05:00 PM:name=Coldneck)-->QUOTE (Coldneck @ Jan 4 2010, 05:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=73962:date=Jan 4 2010, 03:27 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Jan 4 2010, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Garland blows almost as much as Silva. Fuck him.

Sheets would be an awesome risk though.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Obviously you haven't paid much attention to Garland's career. He's not great, but he's a guaranteed solid 200 innings which is something this team is lacking (and sorely needs). I'm not talking about a long multi-year expensive deal. I'd like a moderate short term commitment.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Did you notice how bad he's been lately. Dude, seriously, I've followed his career very closely, especially when he was with the Sox.

He sucks. He is the epitome of mediocre.
He hasn't been THAT bad. I would take him for a one year deal as a number 5... no questions asked. Last year he was 11-13 with a 4.01 and 200+ innings. That isn't bad at all.
I see very little difference between Jon Garland and Jason Marquis. They both pitch to contact and rely almost exclusively on their defense. Plus, he reminds me of 2005.

Fuck him.

As a #5? Sure. He's better than Silva and probably Gorz.
<!--quoteo(post=73976:date=Jan 4 2010, 06:12 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jan 4 2010, 06:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I see very little difference between Jon Garland and Jason Marquis. They both pitch to contact and rely almost exclusively on their defense. Plus, he reminds me of 2005.

Fuck him.

As a #5? Sure. He's better than Silva and probably Gorz.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
He is very similar to Marquis. I don't consider that a bad thing. Marquis is a very useful back of the rotation pitcher. And that's all we are talking about... a #5. I sure as hell don't want to see Gorz or Silva anywhere near the rotation.
<!--quoteo(post=73977:date=Jan 4 2010, 05:44 PM:name=Coldneck)-->QUOTE (Coldneck @ Jan 4 2010, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=73976:date=Jan 4 2010, 06:12 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Jan 4 2010, 06:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I see very little difference between Jon Garland and Jason Marquis. They both pitch to contact and rely almost exclusively on their defense. Plus, he reminds me of 2005.

Fuck him.

As a #5? Sure. He's better than Silva and probably Gorz.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
He is very similar to Marquis. I don't consider that a bad thing. Marquis is a very useful back of the rotation pitcher. And that's all we are talking about... a #5. I sure as hell don't want to see Gorz or Silva anywhere near the rotation.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
It's impossible to know for sure what kind of pricetag will be attached to Sheets. But I'd rather spend the money on Sheets. If he's healthy, he could be our best starter. If he's hurt, guys like Garland can be acquired a helluva lot easier than someone of Sheets's caliber. A guy like Marshall could potentially put up Garland-like numbers. Even Gorz (if he puts it all together) could potentially put up Garland-like numbers. None of those guys (Garland, Marshall, Gorz) will ever put up Sheets-like numbers.
No to Garland...he's worse than Matt Karchner is now.
Yes to Sheets...
<!--quoteo(post=73983:date=Jan 4 2010, 06:21 PM:name=Rappster)-->QUOTE (Rappster @ Jan 4 2010, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Yes to Sheets...<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Shut up you cock smoking bitch. You give me serious douche chills everytime you post your shitty blather.
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.