Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marmol signs
From the Muskrat:
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->The Cubs signed Carlos Marmol to a one-year, $2.125 million contract Thursday, avoiding arbitration with their closer. Marmol, 27, who made $575,000 last year, was asking for $2.5 million while the Cubs offered $1.75 million.

Only shortstop Ryan Theriot remains unsigned of the team's arbitration eligible players. Theriot, 30, who made $500,000 last season, his third as the starting shortstop, is seeking $3.4 million while the Cubs offered $2.6 million.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I got nothin'.

Andy
You would hope that Theriot will sign soon as well, but it sounds as though discussions between both parties have been cut off for some time now. He isn't worth $3 mil, but this could turn into a real headache if not handled properly.

Anyway, good for us that we avoided a messy situation with Marmol after the bizarre season he had especially early on. The last thing we need is to fuck with Marmol's confidence.
Good to see Marmol worked out without incident.

I don't think there is any way we don't go to Arb with Theriot though.
<!--quoteo(post=78573:date=Feb 4 2010, 11:09 AM:name=Fella)-->QUOTE (Fella @ Feb 4 2010, 11:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Good to see Marmol worked out without incident.

I don't think there is any way we don't go to Arb with Theriot though.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I hope they do go to Arbitration with Theriot, he'll only get the $2.6 M then.
<!--quoteo(post=78576:date=Feb 4 2010, 11:19 AM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Feb 4 2010, 11:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=78573:date=Feb 4 2010, 11:09 AM:name=Fella)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fella @ Feb 4 2010, 11:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Good to see Marmol worked out without incident.

I don't think there is any way we don't go to Arb with Theriot though.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I'd love to be a fly on the wall for that meeting.
<!--quoteo(post=78576:date=Feb 4 2010, 10:19 AM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Feb 4 2010, 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=78573:date=Feb 4 2010, 11:09 AM:name=Fella)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fella @ Feb 4 2010, 11:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Good to see Marmol worked out without incident.

<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah I agree

and if he gets his feelings hurt.... oh well, he is a dumbass
Bruce Miles' take on how it all may go down in an arb hearing. I think it is pretty spot on.
http://blogs.dailyherald.com/node/3380