Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WGN Schedule
All new low. Only 58 games scheduled for WGN.

Unfortunately they make twice as much per game on cable as they do on WGN. It does make you wonder if they've taken into consideration how many fans they gain/lose by their WGN schedule.
I got nothin'.

Andy
Ouch

thank goodness for MLB.TV
<!--quoteo(post=78572:date=Feb 4 2010, 12:06 PM:name=Fella)-->QUOTE (Fella @ Feb 4 2010, 12:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Ouch

thank goodness for MLB.TV<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No doubt about that. Thanks for the heads up Andy.
<!--quoteo(post=78571:date=Feb 4 2010, 11:02 AM:name=Andy)-->QUOTE (Andy @ Feb 4 2010, 11:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->All new low. Only 58 games scheduled for WGN.

Unfortunately they make twice as much per game on cable as they do on WGN. It does make you wonder if they've taken into consideration how many fans they gain/lose by their WGN schedule.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
It's pretty short-sighted, if you ask me.
<!--quoteo(post=78575:date=Feb 4 2010, 11:12 AM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Feb 4 2010, 11:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=78571:date=Feb 4 2010, 11:02 AM:name=Andy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Andy @ Feb 4 2010, 11:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->All new low. Only 58 games scheduled for WGN.

Unfortunately they make twice as much per game on cable as they do on WGN. It does make you wonder if they've taken into consideration how many fans they gain/lose by their WGN schedule.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
It's pretty short-sighted, if you ask me.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
It is indeed, but aren't we the last remaining superstation that still broadcasts a single market nationally? I guess they are hoping that between the 50-60 games broadcast on WGN and the rest on MLB.tv, we will still have a strong presence nationally, at least relative to other teams.
I wish Comcast would let me have the Chicago version of Comcast Sports, even though I presently live 600 miles from Chicago.
Shitty. Here's to another year of Gameday Audio, hopefully.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

<!--quoteo(post=78572:date=Feb 4 2010, 11:06 AM:name=Fella)-->QUOTE (Fella @ Feb 4 2010, 11:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Ouch

thank goodness for MLB.TV<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
abso-fucking-lutely
Opening day is on WCIU? What the fuck? The one fucking channel I don't get. I hope ESPN picks it up.
That is just idiotic to have Opening Day on WCIU. I understand it is still run by WGN sports, but that's weak sauce not to have EVERY opening day on Ch 9. So much for tradition.
<!--quoteo(post=78594:date=Feb 4 2010, 01:07 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Feb 4 2010, 01:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->That is just idiotic to have Opening Day on WCIU. I understand it is still run by WGN sports, but that's weak sauce not to have EVERY opening day on Ch 9. So much for tradition.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Unbelievable...
Jack Brickhouse just threw up a little in my mouth.
Who are we, the White Sox?
It sucks, but it's nothing new guys. WGN didn't carry Opening Day last year either, remember?
http://www.thecubsbrickyard.com/sonsofivy/...amp;#entry27605
<!--quoteo(post=78600:date=Feb 4 2010, 01:30 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Feb 4 2010, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Who are we, the White Sox?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I bet their opening day will be on Ch 9.