Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Parisi
<!--quoteo(post=82860:date=Mar 15 2010, 04:31 PM:name=jstraw)-->QUOTE (jstraw @ Mar 15 2010, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Anno, I think the point is that anyone that wants to know how Rule V works can Google it...or can ask, 'hey, anyone got the verbiage on Rule 5 handy?'

But when you <i>explain how Rule V works to us</i> it would be condescending and a bit insulting, if it weren't kinda comical...not because everyone on SOI knows everything about how transactions work (I only ever read Rule V in the last few months) but because we all have the same access to the information.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I already appolagized for coming off as talking down to you. What else do you want? A ritual sacrifice?
<!--quoteo(post=82863:date=Mar 15 2010, 04:39 PM:name=AnnoCatuli)-->QUOTE (AnnoCatuli @ Mar 15 2010, 04:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=82860:date=Mar 15 2010, 04:31 PM:name=jstraw)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jstraw @ Mar 15 2010, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Anno, I think the point is that anyone that wants to know how Rule V works can Google it...or can ask, 'hey, anyone got the verbiage on Rule 5 handy?'

But when you <i>explain how Rule V works to us</i> it would be condescending and a bit insulting, if it weren't kinda comical...not because everyone on SOI knows everything about how transactions work (I only ever read Rule V in the last few months) but because we all have the same access to the information.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I already appolagized for coming off as talking down to you. What else do you want? A ritual sacrifice?
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It would be a start. Do you love your cat?
Sorry, no cat to offer up
FWIW, you can't stash a Rule Five pick on the 15-day DL all season. He's got to be on the active roster for a certain chunk; I forget the chunk, but it was the exact number of days that David Patton was on the active roster.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo(post=82880:date=Mar 15 2010, 07:17 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Mar 15 2010, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->FWIW, you can't stash a Rule Five pick on the 15-day DL all season. He's got to be on the active roster for a certain chunk; I forget the chunk, but it was the exact number of days that David Patton was on the active roster.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I want to say 90, but don't quote me on that.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

<!--quoteo(post=82882:date=Mar 15 2010, 08:19 PM:name=biggz)-->QUOTE (biggz @ Mar 15 2010, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=82880:date=Mar 15 2010, 07:17 PM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ Mar 15 2010, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->FWIW, you can't stash a Rule Five pick on the 15-day DL all season. He's got to be on the active roster for a certain chunk; I forget the chunk, but it was the exact number of days that David Patton was on the active roster.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That was the number in my head, too. I wrote a whole BN post about it, but this is how lazy I've become. I'm not searching for it.
<!--quoteo(post=82883:date=Mar 15 2010, 07:20 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Mar 15 2010, 07:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=82882:date=Mar 15 2010, 08:19 PM:name=biggz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (biggz @ Mar 15 2010, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=82880:date=Mar 15 2010, 07:17 PM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ Mar 15 2010, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->FWIW, you can't stash a Rule Five pick on the 15-day DL all season. He's got to be on the active roster for a certain chunk; I forget the chunk, but it was the exact number of days that David Patton was on the active roster.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That was the number in my head, too. I wrote a whole BN post about it, but this is how lazy I've become. I'm not searching for it.

Yep. 90 days is it. I wiki'd it.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

You guys can all line up to suck boiling water out o' my butt...
<!--quoteo(post=82850:date=Mar 15 2010, 05:11 PM:name=AnnoCatuli)-->QUOTE (AnnoCatuli @ Mar 15 2010, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=82848:date=Mar 15 2010, 04:08 PM:name=Scarey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scarey @ Mar 15 2010, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Don't take this the wrong way AC, we're glad to have you aboard, but Cigar and BZ have a point... BZ can just be a dick in the delivery of that point.

BTW [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/spit.gif[/img]<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Shit, that doesn't piss me off. I deal with a ton of dicks on the Chicago Bears board I help Mod on. Re-reading it, I can see their point, but that wasn't what I was intending. As I statedin my last reply, I just minunderstood what he was asking.
I don't think it's <i>that</i> condescending to break down the rule 5 rules. Hell, I probably didn't know exactly how they worked until a year or so ago. It's not like he was breaking down the infield fly rule for us.
<!--quoteo(post=82887:date=Mar 15 2010, 09:25 PM:name=Dirk)-->QUOTE (Dirk @ Mar 15 2010, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=82850:date=Mar 15 2010, 05:11 PM:name=AnnoCatuli)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AnnoCatuli @ Mar 15 2010, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=82848:date=Mar 15 2010, 04:08 PM:name=Scarey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scarey @ Mar 15 2010, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Don't take this the wrong way AC, we're glad to have you aboard, but Cigar and BZ have a point... BZ can just be a dick in the delivery of that point.

BTW [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/spit.gif[/img]<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Shit, that doesn't piss me off. I deal with a ton of dicks on the Chicago Bears board I help Mod on. Re-reading it, I can see their point, but that wasn't what I was intending. As I statedin my last reply, I just minunderstood what he was asking.
I don't think it's <i>that</i> condescending to break down the rule 5 rules. Hell, I probably didn't know exactly how they worked until a year or so ago. It's not like he was breaking down the infield fly rule for us.

The infield what now?
Can someone explain Merkle's Boner to me?
I wont even go there. But, there is a good song about it
<!--quoteo(post=82889:date=Mar 15 2010, 09:45 PM:name=jstraw)-->QUOTE (jstraw @ Mar 15 2010, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Can someone explain Merkle's Boner to me?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The infield what now?
hey, anyone got the verbiage on Rule 5 handy?
Fat Bastard is an immensely obese, hardly able to walk (weighing a metric ton) gardener and henchman hailing from Scotland. His extreme size endows Fat Bastard with super-human strength as exhibited by his prowess in the Sumo ring from Goldmember. This makes him a formidable enemy for Austin Powers. Fat Bastard is noted for his foul temper, his frequent flatulence, his vulgar and revolting bad manners and his unusual eating habits, which include taste for Human infants (which he calls "the other other white meat") or anything that looks like a baby, e.g. small people. Fat Bastard has been a regular at Cub games since the early 80's when he tried several times (unsuccessfully) to eat the visiting San Diego Chicken.
Use the google.