Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Parisi
<!--quoteo(post=82887:date=Mar 15 2010, 08:25 PM:name=Dirk)-->QUOTE (Dirk @ Mar 15 2010, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=82850:date=Mar 15 2010, 05:11 PM:name=AnnoCatuli)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AnnoCatuli @ Mar 15 2010, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=82848:date=Mar 15 2010, 04:08 PM:name=Scarey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scarey @ Mar 15 2010, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Don't take this the wrong way AC, we're glad to have you aboard, but Cigar and BZ have a point... BZ can just be a dick in the delivery of that point.

BTW [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/spit.gif[/img]<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Shit, that doesn't piss me off. I deal with a ton of dicks on the Chicago Bears board I help Mod on. Re-reading it, I can see their point, but that wasn't what I was intending. As I statedin my last reply, I just minunderstood what he was asking.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I don't think it's <i>that</i> condescending to break down the rule 5 rules. Hell, I probably didn't know exactly how they worked until a year or so ago. It's not like he was breaking down the infield fly rule for us.

Ironically, I think I know the rule V draft process better than I do the infield fly rule. How far out from the infield can the ball land for it to be ok to call infield fly? Is it a judgement call by the umpire? What if the ball is coming down very close to the foul line, the infield fly rule is called, and the fielder whiffs and the ball lands foul? What happens when a fielder is going to catch the ball and gets hit by a car ala Naked Gun before making the catch? Can the runners still advance?
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/okPgKHMDxIQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/okPgKHMDxIQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
<!--quoteo(post=82914:date=Mar 16 2010, 08:30 AM:name=Scarey)-->QUOTE (Scarey @ Mar 16 2010, 08:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=82887:date=Mar 15 2010, 08:25 PM:name=Dirk)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dirk @ Mar 15 2010, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=82850:date=Mar 15 2010, 05:11 PM:name=AnnoCatuli)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AnnoCatuli @ Mar 15 2010, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=82848:date=Mar 15 2010, 04:08 PM:name=Scarey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scarey @ Mar 15 2010, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Don't take this the wrong way AC, we're glad to have you aboard, but Cigar and BZ have a point... BZ can just be a dick in the delivery of that point.

BTW [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/spit.gif[/img]<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Shit, that doesn't piss me off. I deal with a ton of dicks on the Chicago Bears board I help Mod on. Re-reading it, I can see their point, but that wasn't what I was intending. As I statedin my last reply, I just minunderstood what he was asking.
I don't think it's <i>that</i> condescending to break down the rule 5 rules. Hell, I probably didn't know exactly how they worked until a year or so ago. It's not like he was breaking down the infield fly rule for us.

Ironically, I think I know the rule V draft process better than I do the infield fly rule. How far out from the infield can the ball land for it to be ok to call infield fly? Is it a judgement call by the umpire? What if the ball is coming down very close to the foul line, the infield fly rule is called, and the fielder whiffs and the ball lands foul? What happens when a fielder is going to catch the ball and gets hit by a car ala Naked Gun before making the catch? Can the runners still advance?
It's a judgement call, but it's supposed to basically be anything that an infielder can get under relatively routinely and can catch it facing homeplate. If the infield fly rule is called and the ball lands foul, it's a foul ball. Lots of times you'll here the ump yell "infield fly, if fair." Naked gun is a bad movie.
<!--quoteo(post=82910:date=Mar 16 2010, 06:50 AM:name=jstraw)-->QUOTE (jstraw @ Mar 16 2010, 06:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Use the google.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Google is only used to find out people's deep, dark secrets and to out them to the community. It's kinda like a weapon of mass destruction.
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Naked gun is a bad movie.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
You mean it's a bad movie the same way Shaft is a bad motherfucker? Agreed.
Shut yo mouf.
Naked Gun is a great movie.
Frank: It's the same old story. Boy finds girl, boy loses girl, girl finds boy, boy forgets girl, boy remembers girl, girls dies in a tragic blimp accident over the Orange Bowl on New Year's Day.

Jane: Goodyear?

Frank: No, the worst.
I picture a pissed-off Amazon bitch; uncontrollable, disobedient, boldly resisting any kind of emotional shackles...angrily begging for more ejaculate. -KB

Showing your teeth is a sign of weakness in primates. Whenever someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life. - Dwight

RIP Sarge
Mayor: Now Drebin, I don't want any trouble like you had on the South Side last year. That's my policy.

Frank: Well, when I see five weirdos, dressed in togas, stabbing a man in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards. That's MY policy!

Mayor: That was a Shakespeare In The Park production of Julius Caesar, you moron! You killed five actors! Good ones!
<!--quoteo(post=82808:date=Mar 15 2010, 10:40 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Mar 15 2010, 10:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm very intrigued by both Parisi and Diamond, especially the latter after watching him on Friday's game. Very good stuff.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

What do you think Parisi's odds are of breaking camp with the team? I am thinking, given the fact that he's the Rule 5 and if Lou and staff doesnt at least give em a shot, he gets shipped back to rival STL. Unless he has an absolute meltdown (or pitches again like he did his last appearance), Parisi should break camp with the team, especially if he finishes up strong his last 2 or 3 appearances before the final "cuts" are made. I just can't see the logic of sending him back to STL if the staff has any hunch that he might be able to be effective out of the bullpen because he doesn't have any options like nearly everyone else who's competing. Worst case scenario, he breaks camp on the 25 man roster, he gets rocked the 1st month of the season (or not even) and they send em back to STL then, and call up Diamond, or whoever they want from the minors...because all those pitchers who wouldn't make it have options, and can be called up when need be. thoughts, comments?
<!--quoteo(post=83174:date=Mar 18 2010, 08:33 AM:name=CHC5151)-->QUOTE (CHC5151 @ Mar 18 2010, 08:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=82808:date=Mar 15 2010, 10:40 AM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Mar 15 2010, 10:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm very intrigued by both Parisi and Diamond, especially the latter after watching him on Friday's game. Very good stuff.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

What do you think Parisi's odds are of breaking camp with the team? I am thinking, given the fact that he's the Rule 5 and if Lou and staff doesnt at least give em a shot, he gets shipped back to rival STL. Unless he has an absolute meltdown (or pitches again like he did his last appearance), Parisi should break camp with the team, especially if he finishes up strong his last 2 or 3 appearances before the final "cuts" are made. I just can't see the logic of sending him back to STL if the staff has any hunch that he might be able to be effective out of the bullpen because he doesn't have any options like nearly everyone else who's competing. Worst case scenario, he breaks camp on the 25 man roster, he gets rocked the 1st month of the season (or not even) and they send em back to STL then, and call up Diamond, or whoever they want from the minors...because all those pitchers who wouldn't make it have options, and can be called up when need be. thoughts, comments?
I have no idea, but so far the list of impressive bullpen candidates is dwindling. Marmol, Grabow, Caridad, and one of Marshall/Gorzelanny/Silva are the only locks. Someone like Parisi earning a job over Gray, Russell, Shark, Stevens, Gaub etc is a strong possibility, but hard to quantify with over 2 weeks to go. If Silva locks up the 5th spot, then the competition in the pen should heat up. I don't think the fact that Parisi could be returned to STL is a major factor in this decision though, as he isn't a difference maker.