Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opening Day Roster 2010
I have this eerie feeling in my gut that Silva's actually gonna be okay...
The thing you need to remember is that all Cardinals fans and all White Sox fans are very bad people. It's a fact that has been scientifically proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Being a Cubs fan is the only path to rightousness and piousness. Cardinal and White Sox fans exist to be the dark, diabolical forces that oppose us. They are the yin to our yang, the Joker to our Batman, the demon to our angel, the insurgence to our freedom, the oil to our water, the club to our baby seal. Their happiness occurs only in direct conflict with everything that is pure and good in this world.
-Dirk
<!--quoteo(post=85230:date=Mar 30 2010, 05:10 PM:name=Giff)-->QUOTE (Giff @ Mar 30 2010, 05:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I have this eerie feeling in my gut that Silva's actually gonna be okay...<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You could be correct but it's more likely that you have an intestinal parasite. You may want to get yourself to a doctor's office. Bring a stool sample.
I have high hopes for Soto, and limited, but positive hopes for Alf.
I really think Soto is a creature of fitness; throughout his career, when he's fat and smokes a lot of weed, he sucks. When he's slim and on the ball, he's a star. Here's hoping the trend continues; he lost 40 pounds (!) which is freaking hard to do.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo(post=85230:date=Mar 30 2010, 06:10 PM:name=Giff)-->QUOTE (Giff @ Mar 30 2010, 06:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I have this eerie feeling in my gut that Silva's actually gonna be okay...<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Are you sure that that eerie feeling isn't just Silva's gut rubbing up against yours? Treasure-trail friction can tingle something fierce.
One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer

Theriot, Soto, and Marmol will drive me batshit crazy all summer long.
Even if Marmol does his job, he's going to make us sweat bullets more often than not. We're still not gonna miss Gregg.
IF the starters play to their career averages and stay healthy, we'll be good. If not, we're screwed.
Wang.
BTW, who did the Pads want from us for Peavy? I can't recall, but I certainly don't like the idea of him pitching for the Sox.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo(post=85354:date=Mar 31 2010, 04:27 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Mar 31 2010, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->BTW, who did the Pads want from us for Peavy? I can't recall, but I certainly don't like the idea of him pitching for the Sox.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I'm hope he ends up on the DL by May. That trade still pisses me off.
<!--quoteo(post=85354:date=Mar 31 2010, 03:27 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Mar 31 2010, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->BTW, who did the Pads want from us for Peavy? I can't recall, but I certainly don't like the idea of him pitching for the Sox.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I believe the final rumored deal was, Vitters, DeRosa, Hart, Guzman and Marshall.
<!--quoteo(post=85357:date=Mar 31 2010, 04:30 PM:name=Fella)-->QUOTE (Fella @ Mar 31 2010, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=85354:date=Mar 31 2010, 03:27 PM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Mar 31 2010, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->BTW, who did the Pads want from us for Peavy? I can't recall, but I certainly don't like the idea of him pitching for the Sox.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I believe the final rumored deal was, Vitters, DeRosa, Hart, Guzman and Marshall.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Wow, really? Did the Sox end up giving up anywhere near that big of a package? (cue Beavis)
<!--quoteo(post=85358:date=Mar 31 2010, 03:32 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Mar 31 2010, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=85357:date=Mar 31 2010, 04:30 PM:name=Fella)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fella @ Mar 31 2010, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=85354:date=Mar 31 2010, 03:27 PM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Mar 31 2010, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->BTW, who did the Pads want from us for Peavy? I can't recall, but I certainly don't like the idea of him pitching for the Sox.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Wow, really? Did the Sox end up giving up anywhere near that big of a package? (cue Beavis)

No, they gave up quite a bit less, but by that time Peavy was damaged goods, had already rejected some trades and the Padres were desperate to get rid of him.
<!--quoteo(post=85359:date=Mar 31 2010, 04:37 PM:name=Fella)-->QUOTE (Fella @ Mar 31 2010, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=85358:date=Mar 31 2010, 03:32 PM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Mar 31 2010, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=85357:date=Mar 31 2010, 04:30 PM:name=Fella)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fella @ Mar 31 2010, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=85354:date=Mar 31 2010, 03:27 PM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Mar 31 2010, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->BTW, who did the Pads want from us for Peavy? I can't recall, but I certainly don't like the idea of him pitching for the Sox.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No, they gave up quite a bit less, but by that time Peavy was damaged goods, had already rejected some trades and the Padres were desperate to get rid of him.
And that was exactly what pissed me off about the trade. KW swooped in right when Peavy's value was at its lowest. At that point no other team would bite, including us, for a damaged pitcher with a huge contract. IIRC some teams were pissed at KW for pulling off the trade before the offseason, and while the Sox were essentially out of the race, but I guess SD didn't want to wait and risk having Peavy's value go down further after another potential health setback. A lot of KW's dealings over the past 12 months have been high risk, but I do give him credit for taking a chance, even though I can't stand the prick.
Rok, that's exactly how I feel about KW.
1- Can't stand the prick.
2- Kind of admire his ability to wheel-and-deal.
I'm pretty sure Cashner was in there somewhere - the big three I recall was Vitters, Cashner, Marshall.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.