Ramirez
Tracy
Baker

Fukudome
Byrd
Soriano
Colvin
Nady

I still think eventually both the bullpen depth and the middle infield defense is going to need to be addressed for this team, but considering the injuries to Lilly and Guzman, I don't have too many complaints.

Hoffpauir, Castro and Fuld are all in Iowa and ready if we have injuries or issues on offense, but our pitching depth seems awfully thin. I hope Hendry is still at least looking for a possible cheap bullpen guy.
They. Could. Go. All. The. Way!

Backbackbackbackbackbackbackbackback...
It's the right choice from top to bottom, with the exception of the thin support at SS. Having Millahh on the team would have irritated me.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
<!--quoteo(post=85191:date=Mar 30 2010, 12:09 PM:name=jstraw)-->QUOTE (jstraw @ Mar 30 2010, 12:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->They. Could. Go. All. The. Way!<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Someday.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
Millar would have been our slightly less irritating version of Swisher.
Only despite being annoying Swisher is a decent player. Millar can't do anything anymore, can't play any position, can't hit, can't run... it would have been a 100% waste of a roster spot, so I'm glad he didn't get one.
Looks like a good roster. I'm ready for the Opener.

Here's a weird thought: with guys like Silva at the back of the rotation, is there a reason we haven't looked into trying to sign Pedro Martinez? I mean, if you're gonna throw something against a wall to see if it sticks, would you go with a HOFer who went 5-1 last year and pitched in the World Series, or with Carlos freaking Silva?

Second off-the-wall thought: would/could Pedro pitch as a closer? If not, <i>why</i> not?
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
I believe Pedro plans to do something similar to last year. Catch on with a contending team in the 2nd half. He doesn't have the stamina or strength to pitch a full season. That's what I read anyway, in an ESPN article.
<!--quoteo(post=85205:date=Mar 30 2010, 03:46 PM:name=Fella)-->QUOTE (Fella @ Mar 30 2010, 03:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I believe Pedro plans to do something similar to last year. Catch on with a contending team in the 2nd half. He doesn't have the stamina or strength to pitch a full season. That's what I read anyway, in an ESPN article.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
That makes a lot of sense, actually.
Well, it was an idea.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo(post=85205:date=Mar 30 2010, 03:46 PM:name=Fella)-->QUOTE (Fella @ Mar 30 2010, 03:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I believe Pedro plans to do something similar to last year. Catch on with a contending team in the 2nd half. He doesn't have the stamina or strength to pitch a full season. That's what I read anyway, in an ESPN article.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That will be us!
<!--quoteo(post=85204:date=Mar 30 2010, 02:45 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Mar 30 2010, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Looks like a good roster. I'm ready for the Opener.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
It's probably an over .500 roster, but doesn't appear to be a championship roster. We'll see. There's just sooooooooooooooooo many unknowns with this team. But it's possible a lot of them work out well, like was the case in 08. I still think our defense and bullpen will just be too blah or even quite shitty though. But I think our offense and starting rotation can be top 5 in the NL.
@TheBlogfines
I don't see anyone that stands out as someone I should hate, like I did with Miles and Gathright last season. So I guess there's that.
<!--quoteo(post=85222:date=Mar 30 2010, 04:39 PM:name=Brock)-->QUOTE (Brock @ Mar 30 2010, 04:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I don't see anyone that stands out as someone I should hate, like I did with Miles and Gathright last season. So I guess there's that.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I don't think you're giving this your best effort.
<!--quoteo(post=85224:date=Mar 30 2010, 04:41 PM:name=jstraw)-->QUOTE (jstraw @ Mar 30 2010, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=85222:date=Mar 30 2010, 04:39 PM:name=Brock)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brock @ Mar 30 2010, 04:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I don't see anyone that stands out as someone I should hate, like I did with Miles and Gathright last season. So I guess there's that.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah I'm sure it won't take too long for Silva to find his way into that category.
<!--quoteo(post=85226:date=Mar 30 2010, 04:42 PM:name=Brock)-->QUOTE (Brock @ Mar 30 2010, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=85224:date=Mar 30 2010, 04:41 PM:name=jstraw)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jstraw @ Mar 30 2010, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=85222:date=Mar 30 2010, 04:39 PM:name=Brock)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brock @ Mar 30 2010, 04:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I don't see anyone that stands out as someone I should hate, like I did with Miles and Gathright last season. So I guess there's that.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah I'm sure it won't take too long for Silva to find his way into that category.
Silva, Fontenot, Soto and Soriano will make my shit list unless they can rebound from the depths of 2009. Other than that, I am willing to give this team a chance.