Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soriano
I hear Javy Vazquez is getting booed in NY. Just sayin.
<!--quoteo(post=94117:date=May 1 2010, 04:09 PM:name=funkster)-->QUOTE (funkster @ May 1 2010, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I hear Javy Vazquez is getting booed in NY. Just sayin.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Well...if they're booing Javier Vazquez in New York, then our society will never again find its balance.

Let me tell you something...I love the East Coast, but I also know that they'll boo unpopular postage stamps out there.
<!--quoteo(post=94118:date=May 1 2010, 04:21 PM:name=Rappster)-->QUOTE (Rappster @ May 1 2010, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=94117:date=May 1 2010, 04:09 PM:name=funkster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (funkster @ May 1 2010, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I hear Javy Vazquez is getting booed in NY. Just sayin.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Well...if they're booing Javier Vazquez in New York, then our society will never again find its balance.

Let me tell you something...I love the East Coast, but I also know that they'll boo unpopular postage stamps out there.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Agreed...but just goes to show its done in most the major markets.
<!--quoteo(post=94127:date=May 1 2010, 05:23 PM:name=funkster)-->QUOTE (funkster @ May 1 2010, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=94118:date=May 1 2010, 04:21 PM:name=Rappster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rappster @ May 1 2010, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=94117:date=May 1 2010, 04:09 PM:name=funkster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (funkster @ May 1 2010, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I hear Javy Vazquez is getting booed in NY. Just sayin.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

They don't boo their own in Boston or Baltimore...and RARELY (I hate/am glad to say) at Mets games.

Besides...just because they do it...is that who we want to be?

For instance...just because one state decides to violate constitutionality in order to pander to the lowest common denominator within one political party, it doesn't mean the rest of us have to follow suit...right?
<!--quoteo(post=94131:date=May 1 2010, 06:12 PM:name=Rappster)-->QUOTE (Rappster @ May 1 2010, 06:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=94127:date=May 1 2010, 05:23 PM:name=funkster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (funkster @ May 1 2010, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=94118:date=May 1 2010, 04:21 PM:name=Rappster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rappster @ May 1 2010, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=94117:date=May 1 2010, 04:09 PM:name=funkster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (funkster @ May 1 2010, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I hear Javy Vazquez is getting booed in NY. Just sayin.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

They don't boo their own in Boston or Baltimore...and RARELY (I hate/am glad to say) at Mets games.

For instance...just because one state decides to violate constitutionality in order to pander to the lowest common denominator within one political party, it doesn't mean the rest of us have to follow suit...right?
Ugh. I'm not using this as justification. All I'm saying is people make it sound like its only Cubs fans acting like this. I'm saying its not all that uncommon. In my opinion its being made into a bigger issue than it is. Also, I find it VERRRRRY hard to believe Bostonians rarely boo.
Don't worry, we are smart enough fans that the next time Soriano goes into a 2 week slump, these last 2 games will be quickly forgotten, and we will boo him just as badly as before. It's the best thing for him. Because otherwise, how will he know he is supposed to try?
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
<!--quoteo(post=94137:date=May 1 2010, 08:29 PM:name=BT)-->QUOTE (BT @ May 1 2010, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Don't worry, we are smart enough fans that the next time Soriano goes into a 2 week slump, these last 2 games will be quickly forgotten, and we will boo him just as badly as before. It's the best thing for him. Because otherwise, how will he know he is supposed to try?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Exactly, Beater...and we, after all, the reference standard in good judgment.
<!--quoteo(post=94131:date=May 1 2010, 07:12 PM:name=Rappster)-->QUOTE (Rappster @ May 1 2010, 07:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=94127:date=May 1 2010, 05:23 PM:name=funkster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (funkster @ May 1 2010, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=94118:date=May 1 2010, 04:21 PM:name=Rappster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rappster @ May 1 2010, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=94117:date=May 1 2010, 04:09 PM:name=funkster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (funkster @ May 1 2010, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I hear Javy Vazquez is getting booed in NY. Just sayin.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thanks for needlessly bringing politics into the discussion. If there's anything we need around here, it's more of that.
I'm 100% fine with this. I'm just glad there's an actual plan in place that isn't, "Let's load up on retreads and hope we get lucky." I'm a little tired of that plan.

Butcher
<!--quoteo(post=94141:date=May 1 2010, 10:10 PM:name=Lance)-->QUOTE (Lance @ May 1 2010, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=94131:date=May 1 2010, 07:12 PM:name=Rappster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rappster @ May 1 2010, 07:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=94127:date=May 1 2010, 05:23 PM:name=funkster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (funkster @ May 1 2010, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=94118:date=May 1 2010, 04:21 PM:name=Rappster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rappster @ May 1 2010, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=94117:date=May 1 2010, 04:09 PM:name=funkster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (funkster @ May 1 2010, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I hear Javy Vazquez is getting booed in NY. Just sayin.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thanks for needlessly bringing politics into the discussion. If there's anything we need around here, it's more of that.

Lance...since I apparently need to spell it out for people...again...I was having fun with Funkster, because he and I get along, and he can take a ribbing...even when I interject a topical political nudge.

Wasn't trying to...sigh...slip one past the goalie.

But...whatever.
<!--quoteo(post=94142:date=May 1 2010, 10:43 PM:name=Rappster)-->QUOTE (Rappster @ May 1 2010, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=94141:date=May 1 2010, 10:10 PM:name=Lance)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lance @ May 1 2010, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=94131:date=May 1 2010, 07:12 PM:name=Rappster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rappster @ May 1 2010, 07:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=94127:date=May 1 2010, 05:23 PM:name=funkster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (funkster @ May 1 2010, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=94118:date=May 1 2010, 04:21 PM:name=Rappster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rappster @ May 1 2010, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=94117:date=May 1 2010, 04:09 PM:name=funkster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (funkster @ May 1 2010, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I hear Javy Vazquez is getting booed in NY. Just sayin.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Lance...since I apparently need to spell it out for people...again...I was having fun with Funkster, because he and I get along, and he can take a ribbing...even when I interject a topical political nudge.

Wasn't trying to...sigh...slip one past the goalie.

But...whatever.

I'm with Lance. You right-wingers need to just get OVER Huey Long already...I mean come ON...that was like 40 years ago.
Boo
Apparently Soriano's reported demise was a bit exaggerated.
<!--quoteo(post=94280:date=May 2 2010, 05:23 PM:name=funkster)-->QUOTE (funkster @ May 2 2010, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Apparently Soriano's reported demise was a bit exaggerated.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Great use of that line.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
Where are all the Soriano-doesn't-belong-on-a-Major-League-Roster guys right now?
<!--quoteo(post=94300:date=May 2 2010, 07:58 PM:name=Rappster)-->QUOTE (Rappster @ May 2 2010, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Where are all the Soriano-doesn't-belong-on-a-Major-League-Roster guys right now?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I'm right here. And I'm enjoying being wrong. Hope it lasts the entire season.