Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soriano
<!--quoteo(post=92168:date=Apr 22 2010, 03:41 PM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Apr 22 2010, 03:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=92152:date=Apr 22 2010, 03:00 PM:name=BT)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BT @ Apr 22 2010, 03:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->I'd bet money that all of them were booed at one time or another. And I'm not sure what your last comment means. I specifically mentioned his fielding and lack of hustle. Two things he immediately worked on, right after being booed and being criticized.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

And you think the booing caused him to change? I disagree.

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Whether we like it or not, whether we think it's wrong or not, whether it's stupid or not, whether it serves a purpose or not, whether it helps or not, IT WILL NEVER CHANGE.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It HAS changed Tom. I'm fine with people booing a guy who screws up. I do it sometimes as well. I'm fine with people booing Soriano when he drops an easy fly. I'm not fine when the boo him during his subsequent at bats. I'm not fine with them CHEERING when Lou takes him out of the game. Then booing him as he comes into the dugout. It's fucking classless and counterproductive.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I do think it caused him to change. Absoutely.

You're insane. Just because the fans are booing the same shit that frustrates his coaches and manager...it is not safe to assume that the booing has anythi g to do with his coaches and manager making a priority out of working on things.

Barometers don't cause rain.
<!--quoteo(post=92169:date=Apr 22 2010, 03:42 PM:name=jstraw)-->QUOTE (jstraw @ Apr 22 2010, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=92152:date=Apr 22 2010, 03:00 PM:name=BT)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BT @ Apr 22 2010, 03:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->I'd bet money that all of them were booed at one time or another. And I'm not sure what your last comment means. I specifically mentioned his fielding and lack of hustle. Two things he immediately worked on, right after being booed and being criticized.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

And you think the booing caused him to change? I disagree.

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Whether we like it or not, whether we think it's wrong or not, whether it's stupid or not, whether it serves a purpose or not, whether it helps or not, IT WILL NEVER CHANGE.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It HAS changed Tom. I'm fine with people booing a guy who screws up. I do it sometimes as well. I'm fine with people booing Soriano when he drops an easy fly. I'm not fine when the boo him during his subsequent at bats. I'm not fine with them CHEERING when Lou takes him out of the game. Then booing him as he comes into the dugout. It's fucking classless and counterproductive.

This is absolutely how I see it.

I see it that way too, BUT THATS THE WAY IT IS. Always has been, always will. I don't shed any tears for him.
Wang.
I have never booed any of my teams.
<!--quoteo(post=92247:date=Apr 22 2010, 10:20 PM:name=Coach)-->QUOTE (Coach @ Apr 22 2010, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I have never booed any of my teams.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No, but lots of others have. Lots.
Wang.
Clapp linked to this on TFB:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XgYhmPJn_Ns&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XgYhmPJn_Ns&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
Dave Kaplan is a total moron. It takes a guy like "Chuck" -- someone who can barely form a sentence -- to make Kaplan look like he can outwit one of his callers.
Kaplan was right.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=93117:date=Apr 27 2010, 06:16 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Apr 27 2010, 06:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Dave Kaplan is a total moron. It takes a guy like "Chuck" -- someone who can barely form a sentence -- to make Kaplan look like he can outwit one of his callers.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
How can you blame poor Chuck? Apparently, he called from a bathhouse.
One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer

If he hadn't been booed, clearly he never would have known to start hitting again.
This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
HIS BAT DOESN'T BELONG ON AN MLB ROSTER!!!!!
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
Fuck all the people cheering for him right now. He should Milton Bradley everybody in the bleachers.
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
<!--quoteo(post=94082:date=May 1 2010, 03:29 PM:name=bz)-->QUOTE (bz @ May 1 2010, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->HIS BAT DOESN'T BELONG ON AN MLB ROSTER!!!!!<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Clown ass.
This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
<!--quoteo(post=94082:date=May 1 2010, 02:29 PM:name=bz)-->QUOTE (bz @ May 1 2010, 02:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->HIS BAT DOESN'T BELONG ON AN MLB ROSTER!!!!!<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Don't pick on Coldneck, he just doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about. It's ok.
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
<!--quoteo(post=94083:date=May 1 2010, 02:29 PM:name=PcB)-->QUOTE (PcB @ May 1 2010, 02:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Fuck all the people cheering for him right now. He should Milton Bradley everybody in the bleachers.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I heard Rami get booed today. The fans are trying to help him now.
When Soriano was getting booed, he desererved it.
Wang.